I've been trying to deactivate two listings, and I keep getting the same error message. . .the red bar at the top of my browser that says "Uh oh! Something went wrong - please try again." 

I have tried three different browsers on two different computers. I have waited a few hours, rebooted and tried again. 

I have tried to deactivate the two items individually and as a "group select" in different browsers on different machines. 

I am on a Mac, but I've never had this problem before. 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Nancy

Re: Uh oh! Something went wrong error message when trying to deactivate listings

Me too.  Same as NightOwlMemories.  Can't renew expiring tonight listings.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes

Re: Uh oh! Something went wrong error message when trying to deactivate listings

I can't renew anything either. UGG

4 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Can't renew sold out listing. Red banner- Getting Uh Oh Something Went Wrong, then the circle, then I have to press esc on my kb  to stop the circle.  The way around it was to Edit and then I was able to renew.  

3 Likes

This worked for me! Thank you!!

0 Likes

Worked for me as well. Thanks!

0 Likes
GyspyJohn
Inspiration Seeker

This message has been set by the techs. They are upgrading the server or having back office issues. Very annoying . Perhaps a more informative notices than oops would be appropriate. 

7 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@GyspyJohn 

Yes, like an Announcement. We've acknowledged it and are looking for a fix.

Nobody needs this carp.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Yes, just posted the same in 2 other Threads.  Shop on Vacation.  After seeing people having trouble, I tried to do what I did the other day. In Listings Mgr., select listings > Editing Options > Change Renewal Options > Manual.  (Worked w/ no trouble the other day).  *Now I get the Uh Oh Red Banner (using same computer, browser, OS, etc.)

I swear, we wonder why sales are down.  Other factors obviously, but things like this surely do not help.

1 Like
BlueGardeniaShop
Inspiration Seeker

I'm having issues as well. Not able to deactivate and changing featured items took some extra work. I'll try the app to deactivate but really prefer my laptop. 

1 Like

I can't even get into the app.  I just get a red bar with an X on the end.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

MANY posts just like this one.  I "atted" the Admin who is in Tech. Issues on another Thread w/ the same issue as this one.  There are just too many glitches going on; back to back.  It's nonsensical and frankly I'm fed up (and I'm not even selling, just trying to keep up w/ things).  Good grief.

2 Likes

It may have something to do with the massive outages in Canada, our main internet provider has been down for about 24 hours (look up rogers crash) they are one of the largest telecom companies in north america and they are international. Everything went down Nationwide, debit machines, couldnt etransfer, atms were down all cell and internet service including emergency services.

0 Likes

@Lostboysvintage I am in BC Not everything was down I am on shaw Internet & koodo phone cell, both networks have been fine all day. Rogers network went down and wont be totally back up until Monday sometime. they are working on it. Second time in 2 years network has gone done. Not good customer. services.  

1 Like

Yes I am with Bell and Virgin but it effected everyone in some way.

0 Likes

anyway sales were down 85% today, yay!

0 Likes

@Lostboysvintage If it makes you feel anybetter (not that I think it would, but you know, that's just an old, hackneyed expression) I  have not yet made a sale for July....SIGH.

Just now tried to renew 10 expired items and got the old "Uh-oh, something's not right, try again" thing".

That didn't help.

Another big sigh of exasperetsyation....

2 Likes

sorry to hear that but I have a warehouse which I pay a heck of a lot for and 7 employees... we lost a lot of money today...

0 Likes

My shops 2 have the Red Banner, Uh Oh something went wrong. Can not edit, no adding, no renew, geeze.  : (  

3 Likes

@CraftyCraftsCorners , well I put a like on your comment, but of course don't really like this sitch....

Think.. of all the money Etsy must be losing tonight.

3 Likes

Same in both of my shops. Just when you have a bit more time to work, This happens.......

I need More Dark Chocolate......

0 Likes

My glitch seems to be that I can't change my featured listings. Can't remove or add items. 

5 Likes
LindaCreations4U
Conversation Maker

Can't change my featured listings either!  I didn't try deactivating anything.....afraid to make any changes at this point!  

0 Likes
LindaCreations4U
Conversation Maker

OK - so apparently I can't deactivate anything OR change the settings from manual to automatic!  ETSY, IF YOU'RE LISTENING......FIX THESE PROBLEMS!!!  

1 Like

same with this shop for me, very not cool......

2 Likes

can't do anything I need to do today on etsy so guess I will scan and take photos. So very frustrating. Etsy needs to hire some competent tech people.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.