What is going on with Etsy in the last few weeks, there just seems issue after issue with the site and nothing is getting fixed, activate and deactivate problem, delete listing problem, listing issues, messaging problems, review windows not opening up, shops are being hacked ,the site is in such a mess and its seems to be getting worse every single day, its like the tech department have just given up, or the information that all the sellers are are posting everyday is not getting passed on.

We need this all sorting out, us the sellers cannot work like this, its just ridiculous!

Arcalliq
Community Maker

Re: To many issues with the website

I have a feeling Etsy is working on something 'new', if i'm right - God be with us!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
9 Likes

Someone mentioned in one of the 100 free listings thread that the survey was about a  ‘new listing’ configuration. 

0 Likes
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Possibly. Whatever they are doing, the site is a proper mess right now.

I have abondoned Ebay and Amazon a while back but I'm seriously considering re-starting selling there again.

My business is my only income and Etsy is just way too unreliable.

6 Likes

nice new listing configuration - you can't list  : -O

2 Likes
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Etsy is indeed for all things 'unique':-D

1 Like
michellepatterns
Conversation Maker

Agreed!  Something new is likely being rolled out. 

It might be the "explore" thing on the app, but maybe that is already available to everyone?  I haven't been keeping up on it.

0 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Someone mentioned in one of the 100 free listings thread that the survey was about a  ‘new listing’ configuration. 

If true, and if this is being installed as we speak, it would explain why they haven't posted any updates about all the problems and glitches we are seeing in regard to listings and the workings thereof.

They know it's messed up; they know that changes are in the works, and they assume we'll just put up with it and suffer through it, meaning there's a lot of complaining but by and large we won't be leaving.

They know they can't tell us, because the thing hasn't launched yet, and who knows what surprises will be dumped on us Monday morning. 

2 Likes

This morning Etsy reactivated an item in my other shop after a week and a minute later I received an e-mail saying they have deactivated the same listing and now I have to go through getting it reinstated again which I won't because I just don't care anymore.  Have spent the weekend moving listings over to my AH account.  So sad, it really is.

2 Likes

What is AH account?

0 Likes

Amazon Handmade

0 Likes

As CraftyCornishMaids replied, Amazon Handmade (where you can actually list and sell items) without all the BS.  

6 Likes
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Thanks Etsy, I just re-activated my Amazon shop, will do Ebay bit later on.

9 Likes

@Arcalliq 

I am just looking into Ebay as well.  It may take me some time to make it happen but I can thank Etsy for lighting a fire under me. 

4 Likes

eBay is even worse than Etsy. I have been there many years and wanted to move completely to Etsy, because eBay sucks nig time. If Etsy has 50 technical issues eBay has for sure 100.

If I could sell here invertebrates I would leave eBay yesterday...

0 Likes

I logged into the forum to see if anyone has experienced buyers not being able to purchase.  As far as I know I have not, but it has been a rather unusual weekend so far.  While I'm not high volume weekends almost always see something happen with sales especially if the traffic is high.  Well it is much higher than normal, and nothing.  No sales.  I haven't had a buyer message me with a problem purchasing, but it occurred to me messages might not be working either.  Would it surprise anyone?  And of course the high traffic in my stats might be bogus cos that also doesn't work.  Etsy is the only site I sell on, but I think I have to think harder about moving.

3 Likes
NostalgieCT
Conversation Maker

There were a coupe of threads yesterday about people being unable to complete purchases. So unfortunate.

2 Likes

no messages for me either which is really crazy and of course if buyers are writing and we're not seeing the messages etsy will say we didn't answer fast enough and take away their star seller badge....  LOL.... I guess we just face it and know we are simply the ants and should just go enjoy the day. 

2 Likes

Whoa, wait. What?

Time to go make sure I have auto-replies on for my messages so I don't get dinged if messages don't go through in real time.

0 Likes

@NostalgieCT while we the sellers are finding so many errors with the website im sure the buyers out there are having issues too, which is not great.

1 Like

My sales have also dropped. I don't think that is a coincidence.

1 Like

Makes me want to cry. Why doesn't Etsy fix what is broken, fire their IT department that is non functional, get some real support and have the board think about a new CEO? Etsy is a total mess at the present and seems to only get worse. Can't do business at present with all that is going on. Got up this morning to shop section order rearranged. More tears.

10 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

Do you know what hasn't needed to be fixed? 

The commissions & fees Etsy deducts for the sales regardless of the hoops we need to jump through sometimes in order to find a workaround on our own that bypasses the glitches and finally get our listings saved as a draft, published, activated, featured, SEEN.

Happy Sunday!

6 Likes
NostalgieCT
Conversation Maker

Huh. You are right. Somehow they also managed to claw back those 100 free listings that most people didn't even know about. Huh. Priorities I guess.

8 Likes

@EccentricHandbags 

When I started here in 2010, I had no intention of ever moving on from this site. I know other posters often say that things have vastly improved since that time and in many ways that was true.  However, it is no longer true in my opinion.  This site used to be far cheaper to use as well which is no longer true either.  More importantly though, it is very risky to only use this site.  If there is no back up plan things can go south very quickly and leave some shops in limbo.

9 Likes

I started back when Etsy was fun to sell on. It was clunky to list but who cared?  There were advantages to having a clean site that didn't clog up everything with extra hoops to jump through. If you wanted to be a part or full time business selling hand made or vintage or supplies this was the place.

5 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.