Many posts about this glitch - I haven't seen this in my shop yet, but in doing a bit of research on shops with listings affected, I've found the following -

* These listings show in shop search, as well as Etsy search - so they are not "deindexed" in the the usual sense.

*Once clicked on the thumbnail, it shows the error message "Sorry, this item is unavailable in your region"

* All the ones affected that I checked still show in the mobile Buyer App (the orange icon) - and you can click to view, add to cart, and (presumably) purchase.

* The glitch / bug applies to the mobile browser / desktop site - still shows "not available" when trying to view.

There doesn't seem to be anything Sellers can do, but if you happen to get a message from a Customer who intends to purchase, ask them to fave the item, and try viewing it on the mobile Buyer app.

Any other observations, comments from chat or support?

Nuptiaa
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Those affected by the This Item Not Available in your Region -

Jump to solution

Good evening everyone, I have several products blocked, apparently all the bikini on Etsy are blocked and several lingerie products, no problem on the phone application, only on computer

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

@GreenAcresCottage it would have been nice if they had given us a "heads up" ahead of time instead of imposing on my Sunday as I frantically answer emails about the glitch with clients and redo all my thumbnails for hours, with varied success. Gah!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails @LastCentury  Yes, I can get the item to come up on the app, but I cannot checkout from my desktop even though it's in my cart.  So annoying.  I will try to find it in search later to see if it has the add to cart button.

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@hhjewelrydesigns it might help to take screen shots of what you're trying to buy and the hassle it has become to email to etsy just so they know & be a thorn in their side about their massive crock... AND tell them you were going to use the $5 discount offer to purchase it & you still want that.

Have the messaged the seller with screen shots so they know as well? Not everyone will be aware of this botglitchery.

Good luck to all of us.

2 Likes
APrints
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I just checked my email. I'm angry that Etsy did not let us know that a listing was marked as inappropriate and blocked. Who knows how many sellers are oblivious to this happening? If I was not updating my listings a couple days ago, I never would have known.

9 Likes

Jump to solution

Same here! I had no idea and mine is my top seller!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I have stained glass night lights that are being blocked. Some are shaped as cupcakes, some as flower, some as animals. None of them are slightly inappropriate. This is ridiculous.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I just have my top selling listing that is simply a shirt that says "Remember Your Why" giving me the "not available in your region" area. I don't know how my inspirational shirt could have broken rules or offended anyone. I've tried, deactivating, reactivating, posting a copy, checked shipping, removed the words (white or black font) from my title... literally don't know what else to do. Very frustrating. Hoping this gets fixed soon?

0 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@ShorelineDesignStore 

The bot is hitting on the woman's pose in your mock-ups. It's blocking all of them with that pose.

It's also blocking the shirts that have the woman in the cut offs wearing Nike socks.

If you change the mock ups I bet they will show up again.

2 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

All of this looks to me like Etsy has decided it wants to be the morality police.

Can't see that going over all that well.

5 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Jump to solution

It looks like to me that they don't want to be the morality police.

That's why their best effort is catching the wrong listings. 

Now they can say they tried but all they found were pumpkins and baby deer.

9 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm guessing the swimsuit category is pretty much toast.  And likely lingerie.

Dildos, vibrators and butt plugs are good to go though.

9 Likes

Jump to solution

It's definitely some kind of new nude or body detection, I was playing with this for hours Saturday night. Switching around the primary listing photo may fix it, but for most of my affected listings I had to slightly blur the photo (not enough to obscure it at all, just to make it a little hazy) and put a text note requesting the customer click through due to a bug. Which is ugly and stupid, but it's better than people not being able to see my listings at all. I don't get what's so spicy about stickers of chickens and ghosts, but whatever.

For extra clarification I don't sell knives or nudes or anything even remotely like that, it seems to get confused simply by warm colors and flesh tones existing at all.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

AI again.

0 Likes
PeachyPocky
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Etsy please fix this my best selling cat picture is not available, I cannot see how this would be flagged by any AI that may be implemented it's not remotely related to nudity but there's so little I can do and it's impossible to even get an email from you when you can only pick a few options from the help centre. It's honestly getting ridiculous how often bug's can happen without being able to contact support at all.   

1 Like

Jump to solution

@PeachyPocky I was able to get the email option under Contact us > Selling > Managing my shop & listings >Etsy removed my listing >I still need help.

I did have to select a reason so I just picked the 1st one.

I received the standard response and replied saying it did not help with my problem and why.

Now I can see the help request is open with my reply when I click on my profile image in the help centre.

In theory I should receive a response before they close it.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue.  I sell printable wall arts at it seems to be affecting one of mines.  My customers are able to purchase via mobile app but not through desktop.  Even when I have shared it on Pinterest it says unavailable even when you click on it.  I had to remove the ad.

0 Likes
PeachyPocky
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

@DaysofYoreTreasures Thank you so much! I'll try that method I wasn't sure which of those reasons to pick since as you saw there was a no "other" option but that'll work  

1 Like

Jump to solution

@PeachyPocky You're welcome, that's great. I feel like the more of us that get our voices heard the better.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@LastCentury yes great idea to email etsy, and I messaged the seller and she was fuming to say the least, and she was totally unaware.  So crazy.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Etsy paid a blunt robot, seeking only the color of the skin and comparing the skin area. A large area of the skin in the picture means it must be a naked body. You can bleach the skin and the item is visible again. Etsy saw a lot of money at the time of Civid, so she spends. The losses of Etsy will be huge. It sells ELO7 from the loss of the Brazilian company, bought it for a lot of money $ 217 million and sells it cheaply. Why in Europe does not create a customs and postal place as Alibaba, Amazon and Wish. This would increase sales in Europe.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@FashionForWomen 

Are your blocked listings on lighter toned mannequins?

Two of the three blocked listings in my shop are on linen colored dress forms.  One has sleeves and a side inset in pale bisque nude mesh.

I noticed a similarity in the cut of the 3 blocked listing and blocked listings in other dance shops.  They all have side cut outs and are all on lighter dress forms. 

I have one item with an almost identical line to the blocked pictures, and another with very similar lines.  That first dress is styled with darker brown nude mesh and it is not blocked, even though it shows more exposed cut outs than 2 of the blocked items.  The 2nd similar dress is a copper dark nude and actually had "nude" in the title and tags, yet is not blocked.

I wonder if the Etsy bot is programmed to reconize lighter  skin tones with curves similar to bodies, causing things like paintings of eggs to be blocked while a picture of a design very similar to other blocked items in my shop is left alone.

2 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Jump to solution

So the bot is only concerned with certain skin tones...

I think there's a word for that.

6 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

Jump to solution

My items are back in full view this morning. I emailed etsy support last night & included links to all the blocked vintage fine art books (from my other shop).

Did they call this weekend operation Dita Von Pic-Tease? Make it rain with $5 coupons but picblock the goods? 

5 Likes
EtsyForumsTeam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thank you all for your reports.

We recently identified an issue where some shops saw their listings removed from view. Since you wrote to us, we’ve been able to identify and resolve this issue. The impacted listings should be visible in your shop again, but please reach out to Etsy Support if you need any further assistance. We sincerely apologise for this issue.

8 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.