Star Seller's crap

Jump to solution

One more time I fail to be recognized for my Great Job with regards to customer service and one more time, Etsy refuses to address the situation nor can I ever rate a response from the powers that be! All because I sell mostly digital downloads!  I had thought that Etsy had recognized this issue and had offered a fix!

I am so frustrated with this issue! Can anyone here help me? 

Thanks, 

Linda Adams 

www.etsy.com/shop/crossstitchnerd 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Star Seller's crap

Jump to solution

Exactly, I have never had the badges or SS but I have excellent customer service.  I think what’s really important to Etsy is the $$$.  Although maybe there’s another issue?  We sellers can’t do anything.

View solution in original post

1 Like

Jump to solution

You know buyers will buy what you're selling badge or no badge? I wouldn't dwell on it or it'll drive you bonkers. 

2 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@crossstitchnerd   I don't worry about the star seller program.  It is so badly thought out and flawed.  They haven't solved the local pickup problem (ie. tracking) and expect local pickup to still be charged shipping (so they get their percent).  I just continue on giving great customer service (that etsy sadly lacks) good products, and receiving great reviews. It's worked for the last 16 years here, and it seems to be continuing.  I doubt if I will ever have the tracking star, but it isn't hurting my sales.

11 Likes

Jump to solution
  1. If they are spam messages, then mark them as spam. This needs to be done on a browser, there is no option in the app
  2. You must make at least $300 in the preceding 3 months to qualify. Based on your total number of sales and price point, I don't believe you would qualify, even if you had a 100% response rate. 
    1. If you did qualify for the program but just missed the message rate, then you would still be eligible for the other badges. Since you have none, I believe that is sufficient evidence that you do not qualify yet. 

0 Likes
26 Replies

Jump to solution

You don't have any of the badges, so it might not be just the shipping issue.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I think if you fail to get enough sales to qualify they don't give you any badges.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@VintageRescueSquad  @2di4jewelryoriginals  yeah you don't get any badges without the earning limit. I have perfect score on reviews and shipping, just missing revenue goal (and 1 convo I missed by minutes LOL)

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You say a few times that 'the issue' is not being addressed, but you did not clarify what 'the issue' is.

I've seen plenty of digital download only shops be star sellers, so it's definitely possible. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@crossstitchnerd 

Can you clarify what the situation etsy isn't addressing is or what the issue is perhaps?

Have you met ALL of the requirements including the # of sales and $ minimums?  You have to reach those in order to be eligible for the star badge or individual badges. I'll venture to guess that may actually be the real issue since I don't see any of the individual badges in your shop.

The star seller page in help center has more info https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller-?segment=selling

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have hit the number of sales. The only thing that I fall short on (besides the shipping) is the $ minimum.  I was under the impression that I could still however qualify for the badges. Thanks for your help. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@crossstitchnerd 

you need to hit the number of sales, and the $ of sales - both - before you can get star seller

1 Like

Jump to solution

You need to hit both $$ and # of sales goals before you can get any of the badges.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@crossstitchnerd: All of the listings which appear to be intellectual property infringements might also have something to do with it.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy doesn’t care about copyright infringement unless the IP owner does. Likely that is not the case as there are plenty of IP infringing shops that have SS.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@BagmakerSupply:  Rather than making a rude and degrading, and inflammatory comment on a forum, I would at the very least have read the background information, like what constitutes an I.P. Infringement and what is the definition!! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Exactly, I have never had the badges or SS but I have excellent customer service.  I think what’s really important to Etsy is the $$$.  Although maybe there’s another issue?  We sellers can’t do anything.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I know and agree!  There is a lot more to customer service than a dollar amount! Etsy is proving by not addressing the unfairness of the Star Seller's crap that they have poor customer service!  At least in my opinion they are. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You know buyers will buy what you're selling badge or no badge? I wouldn't dwell on it or it'll drive you bonkers. 

2 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@crossstitchnerd   I don't worry about the star seller program.  It is so badly thought out and flawed.  They haven't solved the local pickup problem (ie. tracking) and expect local pickup to still be charged shipping (so they get their percent).  I just continue on giving great customer service (that etsy sadly lacks) good products, and receiving great reviews. It's worked for the last 16 years here, and it seems to be continuing.  I doubt if I will ever have the tracking star, but it isn't hurting my sales.

11 Likes

Jump to solution

@crossstitchnerd: I apologize if you took our comment to be "rude and degrading" - that was not our intention. I did look at your listings and saw no mention of any licensing or permission you have to use the likenesses or names on some of your listings. It is important to include that information if a listing is deactivated and then reviewed by a human being. It can also be a reassurance to a buyer that they are not purchasing counterfeit or illegal images.

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/39402098770

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/22398703823

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Your listings are the literal definition of IP infringement, in multiple ways. 

Just because you created the stitch pattern, doesn't mean you have the rights to use that image. You are now profiting off someone else's image.  

If you used a photograph as a reference, you need to have permission from the photographer (even Warhol's estate is not exempt from this, as they were recently sued for using a photograph of Prince). 

You also need the permission of any person(s) in the image you are using. 

Since your post was about the star seller, you should be aware that if you get takedowns for IP infringement you can permanently lose the ability to ever get SS. Even if you were selling $10,000/month and met all the other criteria. 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

also,

the two words

elvis presley

are trademarked for nearly everything, it doesn't even matter about the picture

1 Like

Jump to solution

Celebrity images and names are protected by heirs even if the celebrity has passed away.

1 Like
JustMeToo
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@crossstitchnerd   You can say whatever you like.  You are using those images illegally.

0 Likes
anythinggoeshere
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Just ignore the stupid star seller crap.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I didn't get it because of my response rate is too low.  So I should have responded to all those spam messages as well I guess.  So frankly, I no longer care, people who bought with me are happy, people who didn't buy with me yet, will be happy once they do.  That's stardom enough for me.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

you need to mark spam messages as spam,

and reply to the real ones

0 Likes

Jump to solution
  1. If they are spam messages, then mark them as spam. This needs to be done on a browser, there is no option in the app
  2. You must make at least $300 in the preceding 3 months to qualify. Based on your total number of sales and price point, I don't believe you would qualify, even if you had a 100% response rate. 
    1. If you did qualify for the program but just missed the message rate, then you would still be eligible for the other badges. Since you have none, I believe that is sufficient evidence that you do not qualify yet. 
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.