lisaloosplaques
Inspiration Seeker

Star seller rate

Hi, my message response rate has been lowered to 57% due to me not responding to 2 “Thankyou” messages from sellers I made a purchase with.
How can these 2 messages be removed from my count as they are purchases I have made not sold?

Star seller is rating us as sellers not buyers?.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Star seller rate

From the information on the star seller dashboard:

Your message response rate is based on just the first message in a conversation, not ongoing conversations. This means you just need to respond to the first message within 24 hours. This applies to messages both from buyer and seller accounts. Messages from Etsy staff do not count toward your response rate, and neither do messages that you mark as spam. You can also now find a breakdown of your message response rate score by downloading a CSV.”

1 Like
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

The rules clearly state that all new messages require an answer or to be marked as spam within 24 hrs in order to qualify for SS. It doesn't matter who they are from or what they are about, no-one reads your messages, the system is automated and simply compares the time-stamps for receipt and response to determine compliance. If you mark that message as spam now, it should update your stats within a day or two, but it will not help with the badges already awarded.

If you don't want your purchases to affect your SS status, you have a couple of options.

1. You can use Auto reply to send a "thank you" or an "I'll get back to you shortly" message. This counts as a response for SS, but needs to be reset every five days.
2. You can create a few snippets with various messages and send quick responses that way in just 3 clicks, Snippets/Select/Send.
3. You can create a new, buyer only Etsy account and keep all your purchases separate from your shop.

Number 3 is the easiest option, once your buyer account is set up it requires no ongoing maintenance and you never have to worry about pesky sellers interfering with your SS rating.

0 Likes
lisaloosplaques
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you. You have been more helpful than Etsy customer service.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.