MJPrintBoutique
Inspiration Seeker

“Something went wrong and we couldn’t add that to your cart”

Hello,

I have been new to Etsy Seller for the past two months now and I’ve been running into the same issue that no one seems to have an answer for. My customers as well as family and friends have told me and shown me a message that will pop up when they try to add a digital print to their cart. This message states “something went wrong and we couldn’t add that to your cart” in a big red box at the top of my phone in the app. The only way people are purchasing my products is if I tell them to go into the Internet browser. Now I feel that if they have an app on their phone and they have to go open it in another browser that’s an inconvenience. Now I have tried everything that people have stated in the Etsy community by updating the app and telling them to open it in another browser, but I’m getting very frustrated because I want to sell I want to post more items.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: “Something went wrong and we couldn’t add that to your cart”

This sounds like something you should contact Etsy Support about. We're all sellers here, we can't troubleshoot a technical issue like this with you. 

0 Likes
MJPrintBoutique
Inspiration Seeker

I did contact them and Etsy support wanted me to purchase a $100 gift card in order to verify. I didn’t like that idea it doesn’t sound like a normal thing to do. I’ve also emailed multiple times and have gotten zero responses. I want d to post about it to see if anyone else is having this issue.

0 Likes

@MJPrintBoutique If you were told to purchase a $100 gift card, then you weren't talking to an actual Etsy Support person.  The person you were talking to was a scammer.  Did you, by any chance, google to find an Etsy phone number?  Or did you receive a message here on Etsy that was not in the ''from Etsy'' folder?

Read this OP to be aware of some of the current scams making the rounds:

Protect Your Account With These Security Tips - Welcome to the Etsy Community

I had no problem adding one of your listings to my cart.  Another scam message you may have received is someone (not friends or family) telling you they're having trouble making a purchase and then asking for your email address.  As for your friends and family having trouble - were they trying to make the purchase while they were using your computer or phone?

1 Like

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.