Shop is temporarily unable to accept new orders

I got several messages that my shop is temporarily unable to accept new orders. To restore the shop and see new orders in my profile I have to write my eMail address in the chat but there is no chat option in my shop and I am at a loss to find out what this is about and and how to fix the problem so I can get my shop working. Etsy please for your assistance.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
31 Replies

Re: Shop is temporarily unable to accept new orders

It is a scam, do not interact with these people!

Etsy will NEVER ask for your email, they already have it

It would benefit you if you read this thread, as it is not the only scam going around they are out in force

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/How-to-Spot-a-Scam-No-a-Buyer-Doesn-t-Need-Your-Ema...

1 Like

It's from Etsy

0 Likes

It's not, I can replicate their logo in under 1 minute, so can they.

Check the profile of the sender of the message in 20 minutes and watch it dissapear

3 Likes

I've had exactly the same. When I enter my email address it says it's not from a registered seller,  which it is as it's me.

So I'm assuming from the replies here it's a scam to be ignored?The weird thing is it comes up in my etsy messages. What do these scammers get out of this?!

0 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

@WoolyLily they get your personal information, which they can use to steal from you.

2 Likes
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

If it was from Etsy it would be in the “From Etsy” folder in messages. Asking for something you already gave them is not Etsy they can say they are and look official but, are trying to scam you out of at least your Email at the most all the $$ that’s in your bank acct. and CC. They say for verification but then they wipe you out.

2 Likes

0 Likes

It is FAKE. It's not really from etsy. Anything that is really from etsy will be in the "from etsy" folder of your inbox.

You have no orders; it is a scam. Do not provide any financial information or "verify" anything.

3 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

@CryzalisDesigns is telling you the truth here. Etsy does NOT need your email: they have it. If the message is not in the "From Etsy" section of your messages, then it's NOT from Etsy. They created that section to avoid any confusion. 

2 Likes

Actually I notice in the message it spells email e-Mail which I think is a scammers trick 

0 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

Scammers are not known for their proper grammar and spelling.

0 Likes

@Vintorious the 'special' spelling of the word email is to get around the filters designed to keep them out.

4 Likes

They are also not going to put a logo and sign off with your friendly neighbourhood scammer 

2 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

@CryzalisDesigns "Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood scammer" would at least elevate them from "Yours in Darkness, your misanthropic worldwide scammer."

5 Likes

That's true @Vintorious and maybe more believable than "Dear Seller"

2 Likes

Dot.: Shop is temporarily unable to accept new orders

Hello, I got a message with asking about my mail to verified my account, because of some problem with order. I marked it as spam and deleted. Thanks to information from this forum. But I had it in folder “From Etsy”- new created inbox, not only Etsy logo.

Ania

0 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

Was the order finally processed? Etsy sometimes receives orders from buyers that they suspect are not legit, or their payment method isn't verified. You don't need to do anything in that case: they are just letting you know not to send the order until they do the necessary verification for the buyer.

0 Likes

@Vintage4Jeans   It's very devious and sneaky - here's how it goes, according to others who have been taken by this scam, some for thousands of dollars -

* Etsy email that appears to be from Etsy support - may even have Etsy logo.  Unless it is under the "From Etsy" heading in your messages, send to spam and do not interact.

* They ask for your email, you give it to them

* You then get an email outside of Etsy, with instructions that may include a live chat that looks very much like Etsy.  Here's where the trouble starts - DO NOT ENGAGE.

* You may be asked to enter banking and credit card information purportedly for "verification" purposes to accept payments.  This is a load of balderdash, and if you've done this, you need to contact your bank and credit card company to let them know of this fraud.

* Some people have been instructed to enter a credit/debit card with a minimum balance.  They money gets removed, because you just gave them permission.

1 Like

Here is just one instance where a Seller lost money, in this version a "customer" initiated the scam, asking for the Seller's email -

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/fraud-from-a-customer/td-p/142661594

0 Likes
BlackbeakHarpy
Inspiration Seeker

HI ! Its only when u enter the minimum balance or already when u type the numbers of your card ?

0 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

@BlackbeakHarpy if you gave any financial information to a scammer, then you are potentially compromised and should call your bank or card company to let them know.

If you have a specific question about something that may have happened to you, you should create a new post so that the original discussion is not sidetracked.

0 Likes

I received such information to folder “from Etsy” in my messages on my shop dashboard. So this folder is not safe enough.

2 Likes

@ArampiShop are you absolutely sure it was in the 'from Etsy' folder. If you click the folder, is the message still showing on the list? 

0 Likes

@ArampiShop a real message from Etsy should also have a highlighted 'from Etsy' in small writing underneath the message when it's on the list. Etsy staff logo/avatars also have some of the orange E circle outside the round profile picture. Scammers will have it all inside the round profile picture and will not have 'from Etsy' highlighted underneath.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.