BrocanteBasics
Inspiration Seeker

Incorrect Star Seller Data for 2 shops - Tracked Shipping missing

Today I noticed my Star seller dash boards for two of my shop mentioned missing tracking!! As my parcels all have tracking codes, I thought I might have missed one (or two in this case), but after downloading the data for both shops and checking the orders I saw the tracking codes are there and are correct as well. 

Has anyone had a similar experience? As far as I can see Etsy does not change Star Seller info via Chat, so any tips on how to go about this? 

Thank you from the Netherlands, 

Annemieke

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Incorrect Star Seller Data for 2 shops - Tracked Shipping missing

Which shipping carrier did you use? If the star seller bots don't recognize your carrier, they give you a "no tracking" whether you added a tracking number or not. 

0 Likes
BrocanteBasics
Inspiration Seeker

Hi @FallenAngelBrass

We use POSTNL which up till now has always been recognized as a carrier. But possibly the validation is the problem here (like BagMakerSupply mentioned). 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this

1 Like

@BrocanteBasics: When you checked the applicable CSV file did *Had processing time?* = yes, *Ship by* have a date, *Tracking/label date* have a date, and *Shipped on time?* = yes. Remember that Star Seller dates / times are in UTC not your time zone.

Does the actual order show as at least "in transit"? Has the package been scanned? Sometimes a tracking number cannot be validated until after the first scan is publicly available.

If the shipping company is supported by Etsy make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. Etsy relies on a third party vendor for tracking (and tracking number validation) and uses the data on the order. An unsupported shipping company or invalid / unverified tracking number equals shipped without tracking.

0 Likes
BrocanteBasics
Inspiration Seeker

Hi @BagmakerSupply,

Thank you for your advice!! 

In both CSV files all columns are a YES or have a date, besides the Tracking/ Label Date (no date) and the Shipped on time is a NO. 

Both parcels show pre-transit, but I know they both have already been delivered, so the (non)validation must be the problem. As far as I know our shipping company is indeed supported by Etsy.

I have shipped over a thousand parcels via Etsy, mostly over seas, and I monitor the delivery process of all of them on a daily basis. Sometimes it can take up to two weeks for a parcel to have delivery updates, but never before have I had them show up in the star seller files.

Again, thanks for sharing !  

0 Likes
OwlAlwaysKnit
Conversation Maker

@BrocanteBasics  there is a glitch for EU sellers that sometimes the carrier changes from what has been added.

Example I input my carrier as La Poste when I go back into the order the carrier has changed to Fedex and the tracking number is not valid. I have had this happen a few times but I managed to catch the error in time.

Might be worth checking if this has happened to you.

0 Likes
BrocanteBasics
Inspiration Seeker

Hi @OwlAlwaysKnit

Ah, that's good one too! Just checked my orders, but it's not the case with these ones.

Still good to know and to keep an eye on it!   

1 Like

There has been a glitch for the Netherlands which could be one reason.

However also the item must be shipped within processing time frame.  If not, no matter if there is tracking, ETsy considers it not shipped. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.