HamlinAndPage
Inspiration Seeker

My Etsy Search Page for Games Filled with a Bunch of Ads for Dropship Shoe Stores

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I was looking for some New Year's stuff today, and suddenly my search results are being filled with dozens of ads for a bunch of different shops that are selling dropshipped sneakers. If you go into any of the shops, they have this message:

WEBSITE NAME  Our etsy checkout is failing. Customers please buy on website to get more discounts and free worldwide shipping. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It looks like they have set up a lot of shops that all have that same thing going on. I've found at least 6 identical shops. (Removed the names to make sure I'm in line with the forum rules. Mea culpa!)

Is the "report this shop" button one at a time the best way to bring this to the attention of Etsy, or is there a better way to send all of them to Etsy support all at once?  

Thanks, everyone! 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Vintorious
Community Maker

Re: My Etsy Search Page for Games Filled with a Bunch of Ads for Dropship Shoe Stores

0 Likes

Re: My Etsy Search Page for Games Filled with a Bunch of Ads for Dropship Shoe Stores

@HamlinAndPage: Gee - reselling AND fee avoidance.  You may want to edit your post because according to Etsy's Community Policy you are not supposed to "publicly disparage a specific seller" even if they deserve it.

2 Likes
HamlinAndPage
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks! Made the edits.  

0 Likes

Uh, oh! Fee avoidance.  Report each shop as 'prohibited' and mention fee avoidance.  Point out every place where they say to not buy here and get discounts off Etsy.

Let me guess - they're all selling painted Nike sneakers?

3 Likes
HamlinAndPage
Inspiration Seeker

I'm so unfashionable the only shoes I know anything about are Crocs... but yeah, they're some sort of sneaker stuff with prices that are way too high for me to ever buy!! 

0 Likes
pennyemporium
Conversation Maker

this reminds me of the "embroidered converse" thread a while ago, here:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/All-About-Shipping/Converse-Sale-Price-Great-But-Shipping-Over-6000/m-...

the shop mentioned in this thread HAS been removed from Etsy since this thread, however.... if a buyer were to search for "embroidered converse"... LOTS of infringing items, and LOTS of sales on said items.... Etsy is simply NOT serious about removing the bad actors....

2 Likes
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

Just report them! I don't know if Nike does sweeps but Disney and Warner Bros do. It does not hurt to report, I wish more people would.  A lot of the shops I have reported have been closed.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.