JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Shipping costs not showing up on my new listings

Jump to solution

When I go to my listings the shipping cost isn't showing up for my new listings. Not my older re-listed listings which are mixed in with my new listings. I type in a zip code in the calculated shipping cost box and the shipping price doesn't show. Anyone else having this issue? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Re: Shipping costs not showing up on my new listings

Jump to solution

My issue was resolved. What you I needed to do was go to Etsy chat and ask the customer service rep to reset your country of origin. It fixed my problem immediately. You might see that your country is already set to the US but on Etsy's end they have to reset it. 

View solution in original post

2 Likes
27 Replies
JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Also when I list an item there are no boxes to enter the size and weight. This has been happening for the last few days. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@JoeBlake  - Normally as a buyer I do not have to enter my zip code to see the cost of shipping to me.
However, while on your Mickey Drawing Desk & Orphan Annie Cup I see the shipping cost, on your listing for the Blue Boy Print I do not.

I'm signed in, so Etsy already has my zip code entered in the box provided, when I open the "get shipping cost mini-menu". But clicking on "Submit" did absolutely nothing but close that menu.

Obviously you've got shipping down pat - calculated or otherwise. I hate to say this is yet another Etsy glitch, but....

(On a laptop/W10/Chrome - signed in) 

1 Like

Jump to solution

There does seem to be a technical problem in your shop. I looked at your 
"Mid Century Italian 17.25" Metal Frame with Convex Glass with Print of The Blue Boy by Thomas Gainsborough"
Where the shipping cost should be, I saw this message that I have not seen before
"There was a problem calculating your shipping. Please try again."

You will need to contact Etsy. I have found email works best because you will have a record.

Go to Help  > Contact Us > Selling on Etsy and keep clicking around until you hopefully see an email option under I still need help.

You should receive an email response with links to help articles etc. Respond saying this does not solve your problem.
You should now find an open Support Request if you go to the Help Center - click on your avatar at the top right. I suggest adding comments regularly until you get a resolution, otherwise your request may get closed.

0 Likes
JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help!

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

Jump to solution

When I check shipping for that same item, it says my zip is invalid.  I'm pretty sure I know my own zip code, LOL! 

1 Like
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I had this problem for months and finally found someone that got help from Etsy for it. I used the chat bubble and told them my problem was I couldn't do calculated shipping at all and couldn't edit or make a new profile. This is what they said  

"I have taken a look into your account and I would like to inform you that your shop data country is blank that is the reason you are unable to select US as location."

My person's name was Vatsal and they knew what I was asking about. I hope this helps and you get it fixed. Much of what I sell is under 8 ounces so I was OK there, but we shouldn't have to put up with something not operating correctly !!

0 Likes
JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Thanks so much! 

0 Likes
JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I have been on chat with Etsy for an hour and they are escalating the issue to the tech department. Hopefully it will get resolved. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@JoeBlake    &   @LynnsLittleShop   - Do you use Calculated shipping? 

I noticed on @JoeBlake 's listings, I see the class of shipping - First Class or Priority - when I cart something. This is normal.

For @LynnsLittleShop 's listings all I see is "Shipping" and the cost. I do not see the class of service I'm paying for (which I assume would be "first class" since the items all small &/or light in weight)

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I use first class flat rate for almost everything in my shop as I couldn't do calculated shipping. Most of what I sell is first class under a pound. I haven't listed anything with much weight to it since then. Now that it is fixed I can start listing heavier items.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LynnsLittleShop  - Thank you for the info. I'm so used to seeing the class of mail when purchasing from US shops so seeing "shipping" & nothing else had me wondering. 

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Jump to solution

"Also when I list an item there are no boxes to enter the size and weight."

This could be the problem ... if there is no size/weight in listing, then Etsy cannot calculate the shipping.  But, listings cannot be saved without that info, right?  But maybe some of your listings were saved somehow?  Correction ... it is required for calculated rates, but not for flat price rates.  How are you listings set up -- calculated or flat?

1 Like

Jump to solution

I even carted the OP's Blue Boy print. No warnings flashing at me or anything.
My options to pay - thru credit card or PayPal were 'active' & I get the feeling I could have completed the purchase without paying anything for shipping. 

I've always used Calculated but there's this article from Etsy:
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015628707-How-to-List-an-Item-in-Your-Etsy-Shop?segment=s...

Under "shipping" it does say you have to enter the weight & size of the item. Which would make sense since if the shop uses Etsy's global shipping program, there is a max. weight imposed on packages. 

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yes, that's the problem some of us had, we didn't have anywhere on the old or new listing page to enter size and weight. Mine got fixed when I went to  chat and I was lucky enough to get a person that knew what I was talking about.

My location was missing.

0 Likes
JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I'm listing using calculated shipping but the size and weight entry boxes have disappeared. It started happening yesterday and I haven't changed anything in my shipping profile.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@JoeBlake  - First maybe check to be sure the ships-from zip code is correct, that you're set to the USA as suggested and then consider trying to set up an entirely new shipping profile?

At least for those in the US selecting where you ship to is easier. Possibly consider including Parcel Select (maybe someday Etsy will combine first class & parcel select into ground advantage?) in the profile so something would be different from your current profile?

If you can save that profile, try listing a new item & see if everything is back to normal?
It's sort of like spaghetti on the wall time. There may be a work-around until Etsy fixes the glitch. And since the reports of this happening to others is sporadic at best, the fix could take a long time. 

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Be sure to use a browser when listing items ... the app & new form are problematic, especially for shipping info.

0 Likes
JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I normally use Safari on iMac with the old listing form and it has always worked great until yesterday and I haven't changed anything. I tried Google Chrome as well an have has the same problem with the old and new listing versions. 

1 Like
JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

My shipping profile is already set up and the zip code is correct. I tried setting up a new shipping profile but it only gives me an option to ship free or at a fixed rate. I have a vintage shop so that doesn't work for me. It just started happening yesterday. 

1 Like
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

That's exactly what happened with me. You have to find someone at Etsy help that knows the problem. There is a place to look at the very bottom of your home page (the one that says welcome back at the top when you sign in) that should say United States and your currency. I didn't look at that before I did the chat thing, but I guess you could check there to see if yours is correct.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

There is always the hope that one easier thing would be the magical fix when a glitch appears. 

Yes, for vintage shops Calculated Shipping the way to go. 

If you don't receive a reply from Etsy on the problem after your Chat yesterday, I'd consider opening a help ticket thru email. List all the issues you're having & maybe even include a link to this thread(?)

While it's normal to receive a generic reply at least you'll have the option to reply that your issue is not resolved & a way to send follow up queries.
Chat is said to be outsourced & if the chat thread not closed properly on their end it can be next to impossible to check in for updates, etc.

1 Like
JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Yes it says United States with the US dollar sign.

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

And I guess that's why we can't fix it ourselves. For some reason it didn't stay in the data for our shops. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@JoeBlake 

These are long shots, but might be worth checking.
1. Settings > Options. Scroll down to Current Timezone. Are your Country & City set correctly?

2. From the customer side pages, click on Your Account icon, Account Settings and check your Location Settings.

I'm afraid that is all I could come up with, best of luck.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.