Calculated shipping option not showing when setting up shipping profile

Jump to solution

I've been trying to set up a shipping profile with calculated shipping, but I'm not given the option. I can only see Free Shipping of Fixed Shipping. Any ideas why and how to fix it?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Calculated shipping option not showing when setting up shipping profile

Jump to solution

Only sellers in the USA and Canada can use Calculated Shipping.

I can set up a shipping profile in the UK which states it ships from the US, but I can't use calculated shipping because I'm not in the USA.

The country is set when you first setup your shop, to determine if you were in an Etsy Payments country. As you have paypal, you aren't in an Etsy Payment country, and therefore aren't in the USA or Canada, so therefore cannot use Calculated Shipping.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

Jump to solution

@CaribbeanSeaGlassCo: Are you trying to do this using an Etsy app (on which operating system) or via mobile browser or desktop browser (which browser and operating system)? It makes a difference as to possible causes and potential solutions, otherwise we have to guess. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I’ve tried with Microsoft Edge an Safari, it doesn’t work from either of them. The app doesn’t give me the option to create a shipping profile, it directs me to the web browser version instead.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Your shop shows Paypal as your only payment option, so I'm guessing you are not in one of the countries where it is available -

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013946647-How-to-Set-Up-Calculated-Shipping-?segment=sell...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi @PillowDetails 

I thought of that, but I haven’t been able to find anywhere in my shop profile where it says the Country for the shop. Besides, I’m trying to set up a shipping profile from the US, so I think it should be available.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @BagmakerSupply 

I’ve tried with Microsoft Edge an Safari, it doesn’t work from either of them. The app doesn’t give me the option to create a shipping profile, it directs me to the web browser version instead.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Only sellers in the USA and Canada can use Calculated Shipping.

I can set up a shipping profile in the UK which states it ships from the US, but I can't use calculated shipping because I'm not in the USA.

The country is set when you first setup your shop, to determine if you were in an Etsy Payments country. As you have paypal, you aren't in an Etsy Payment country, and therefore aren't in the USA or Canada, so therefore cannot use Calculated Shipping.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for the explanation @CappuccinoLace 

It is very helpful.

1 Like
JoeBlake
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

My same issue was resolved. What you I needed to do was go to Etsy chat and ask the customer service rep to reset your country of origin. It fixed my problem immediately. You might see that your country is already set to the US but on Etsy's end they have to reset it.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.