FungiFarmPoland
Inspiration Seeker

Mistake providing the taxpayer's details

Hello, I have just opened a store with my partner, unfortunately we made a mistake in providing the taxpayer's details. I provided my details instead of the partner's details, unfortunately I have already paid for the store, I entered the name of my store and I don't want to close it because I will lose my money and the name of my store. I would like to continue using Etsy, but my account details need to be changed to my partner's details (I cannot run this type of business). At this point, we have updated the data, my partner also sent her document (ID card), they have 48 hours to verify everything, later we will also have to change the bank account, I don't want mine to be associated with this store. Do you think it can be done and will Etsy change this data or we have to open new store?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies

Re: Mistake providing the taxpayer's details

You will either need to continue with your details, or you need to start a new shop. 

Etsy shops cannot be transferred, which is what you are trying to do (transfer from you to your partner). Etsy does not allow this, never has. 

2 Likes
FungiFarmPoland
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for the quick reply. Can I then withdraw from the contract with Etsy, close the store and receive a refund? I opened the store a few hours ago.

0 Likes

You have to ask Etsy. 

We in here are just other sellers. 

I would doubt they will give you a refund though. You probably had to confirm at some point during the process that you understood the fee was non-refundable.

2 Likes
FungiFarmPoland
Inspiration Seeker

Dot.: Mistake providing the taxpayer's details

Thanks. I used Etsy's contact form, how long do they have to respond?

0 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

"how long do they have to respond?"

That depends on the type of request. No one here will be able to answer with any certainty. 

In general, anywhere from a day to never.

What you are trying to do isn't really allowed so it's possible that Etsy will never answer as the information about transferring an account is in the Seller Handbook.

Callback:
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_sell_manage_listings-callback 

Seller Handbook:
https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook

Good luck!

2 Likes

@FungiFarmPoland: As mentioned, what you want to do is essentially transfer a shop opened in one person's name (even if it was in error and for a short time) to someone else and Etsy has never allowed that. https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040985353-Can-I-Transfer-My-Etsy-Account-to-Someone-Else?... has more details.

1 Like
FungiFarmPoland
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for your answers, I have one more question: if I close my store, will I be able to open a new one with the same name as the previous one, this time in the name of my partner as a taxpayer?

0 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

"will I be able to open a new one with the same name as the previous one"

Short answer? No

But you can do similar. A shop name is used once and forever. Even if closed, the same name can never be used again.

At least that is my understanding. Since Etsy claims to be starting to remove shops with no activity in 4 or more years that might change but for now. It's a one and done.

If it's not taken you could do FungiFarmPL or just FungiFarm

1 Like
FungiFarmPoland
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you very much! There is nothing left to do but come to terms with the lost money and open a new store. The sad thing is that Etsy's policy is not helpful in my case, especially when the store has just opened, is not fully verified and has not made any sales.

0 Likes

You don't have any items listed.  You should not have paid anything to Etsy.

0 Likes

There is now the $15 fee to set up an account. 

And you are forced to create your first listing during the setup process, even if they immediately deactivate it. 

So technically they would have paid $15.20 so far. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.