There have been lots of glitches and errors the past few days on Etsy.  In my experience, site-wide glitches that last usually precede some new feature rollout, so something may be coming.  Just a guess.

We shouldn't need to do this workaround, and it will be inconvenient for those that need to renew lots, and can't wait until things get back to normal, but I just got the red error banner when trying to renew, and the workaround others have posted worked for me.

Worth a try -

Click to open the listing in edit mode and renew that way.

Re: Renewal Workaround

Jump to solution

@Jewels2at  can you view your own shop, click to view the listing, and see "Renew" above the picture?

Laptop/PC - not sure about app

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
Jewels2at
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails  That worked!!!!

1 Like

Jump to solution

I was doing the same thing. Go to your shop not listings tool in shop manager. In your shop you can click on an item and renew but you have to do one at a time. 

1 Like
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

For those of you still struggling, keep trying various suggestions.  It took 3 tries for me to find something that worked.

5 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Thank You very much Kathie, for providing this Renewal Workaround.

(We should keep it Bumped to the top for now.  In the meantime, cue Etsy)

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thanks @ChillwolfArt  - I sure didn't discover it myself, but I've tested a lot of the suggestions.  I thought it was frustrating that multiple people were posting the workarounds in various threads, and others didn't seem to read them and use them.  Just posting "me too" and "same thing happening to me" just buried all the solution posts, so I thought a thread title would attract more attention.

I try.

1 Like
yxflm75u
Community Curator

Jump to solution

It works for me from the shop manager if I copy an expired listing, then list. However I get the red banner if I try and then delete the expired listing.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Doesn't seem to be any way to delete listings that only appear in Listings Manager, like expired.

If a listing is active or shows in your solds in shop view (if you have your solds enabled) - then you can click through to the item page and should * be able use the delete option over the main pic.

* I haven't tried deleting anything this way, but all of the other options seem to be working from the item page in shop view.

1 Like
thewoollydog
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Thank you... re-listing from the actual page works for me... you need to be paid by etsy for this, why can't someone at etsy give out this info to help sellers? (oh yes...I forgot, they have no idea how a shop works).

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you!

First of all, it's sad that we need to even find workarounds for glitches that just go on and on with no solution or acknowledgement, like the sale prices not showing in shop and search thumbnails.

Sometimes there's a simple answer or workaround, and I'm happy to share here, because I've been helped endlessly by others in the Forums!

4 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@thewoollydog   @PillowDetails 

Thank heaven for knowledgeable Sellers in this Forum.
(BTW, II do not consider myself one of them; although I do try to help when I can.  Have a hard enough time just keeping up).

2 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ampersay   I will not bother you again (I've "atted" you in one other Thread).  As you can see, there are many glitches going off at once (several Threads in Tech. Issues).  In this one, @PillowDetails  provided a workaround (works for some Sellers but not others).  
*We need help.  Please pin an Announcement that you or someone is aware of the various problems, and what is being done to remedy it.  Sellers cannot work this way and are losing sales.  They cannot afford it and certainly Etsy cannot either.  Thank You for your time.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Tons of reports on DownDetector

https://downdetector.com/status/etsy/

2 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ChillwolfArt apparently etsy is aware. There's nothing on etsystatus.com about it. I'm surprised they let this go on for days. 

2 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SugarTaffySoap  Thank You. I haven't even looked truthfully.  I'm waiting for an Announcement ON Etsy (top of Tech. Issues, where everyone can see).  W/out having to go to Etsy Status.

@PillowDetails  explained to me about DownDetector (I didn't know and asked in another Thread).

We need an Announcement here on Etsy.

(There have just been too many constant glitches & chgs. Maybe some of which are causing glitches.  Around and around we go).

0 Likes
imcoraldee
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Well, this "work-around" doesn't work for ones that are going to expire in the future. I tested this on one expiring tomorrow, made a minor change within the listing and published. Then I went back to the listing and it still shows tomorrow as expirations.  I hope I have time tomorrow to renew it with your work-around.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails thank you ! 

I can't help thinking the glitch has something to do with the "100 free listings" (that worked fine for renewals too for me) that Etsy seems to regret to have given. I was charged as usual for the "free listings" after having used less than 20 of them. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Bingo - I think you may have figured it out.  I found out about the free listings promo late so only got 2 free listings before it reverted to the .20/per charge. And I've been having issues with both trying to delete &/or renew expired listings for a few days after that, hmm... only thing works for me is to choose "copy" from the Listings pg - which I do sometimes anyway, but annoying when it's not when you want to do. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I know people can't seem to renew their listings, but I have noticed I have a couple listings that should have auto-renewed yesterday, but haven't. They didn't expire though and are still up as active listings in my shop (and have yesterday's date as auto renewal date). Seems very odd... or is this what is happening to others too?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

OP, thank you!  I had a listing that expired today and tried several times this morning to renew it.  Your work-around worked perfectly!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I tried all of the work arounds to renew a listing that has not yet sold out or expired - and none of them worked   Etsy tech - help!!!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just bumping this thread so hopefully others will see it.

Now, for some reason the old Monkey's song "Pleasant Valley Sunday" is in my head? Oh, what just reading about Etsy glitches will do. 

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Thanks for the workaround. I'm bumping this since it's dropped off the latest posts section.

0 Likes
Futuryo
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Cannot Delete Items...

Cannot De-activate Items...

Cannot Bulk Edit Items... 

Uh-Oh Banner Popping Up Every time....

Cannot Contact Etsy via Help... Oopsie!  

GOOD GRIEF ETSY

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I tried to renew expired listings, couldn't do it on my laptop, but was able to renew it on my android phone.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.