There have been lots of glitches and errors the past few days on Etsy.  In my experience, site-wide glitches that last usually precede some new feature rollout, so something may be coming.  Just a guess.

We shouldn't need to do this workaround, and it will be inconvenient for those that need to renew lots, and can't wait until things get back to normal, but I just got the red error banner when trying to renew, and the workaround others have posted worked for me.

Worth a try -

Click to open the listing in edit mode and renew that way.

Re: Renewal Workaround

Jump to solution

@PattensAtticTreasure  True, but you can still see the expiration date in Listings Manager.

Such a pain to need any workarounds!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

Thanks PD!  

1 Like
LemonDaisyOffice
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Thanks so much PillowDetails! I had such a tech frustrating day yesterday (not Etsy related) and when I couldn't renew my listings I just felt defeated by the universe. Your workaround worked! Yea!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Huge supporter of Etsy, but I sure wish they could get the tech issues under control.  It is not time effective to do renewals one at a time when renewing 20-30 listings a day.  Thank God I am on more than one platform.  At least one is working when the other is not!!

2 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Interesting. There just so happen to be some glitches at amazon today (leading up to prime at that). 

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@digitaldoodlebug 

Yes, interesting (I've also had thoughts for quite a while which I won't voice here).  
I've not been on Amazon.  Once in a while my husband will purchase there.

0 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Doordash had a major glitch last night too. Like amazon of letting buyers pay without verifying payment. Maybe it's linked to a similar system. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

For those this is working for...are the listing already expired? I usually renew on the day they expire. And I can not figure out the expire date from the shop page. I have multiples to do and trying to go back and forth from the list to the shop would be a pain. Also I haven't had anything featured for ages and suddenly have a pattern (that the photos went sideways on at some point after it was listed) and I can't get that to turn off from the listings page either.

Cauldron bubbling sounds about right.

1 Like
TheOldBarnDoor
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@PattensAtticTreasure  I had a lot to renew so what I did was look at my listing manager for today's expiring listings then figured out what section I had them in. Went to my shop home page, opened that section and whizzed to the bottom and those listings where there.  You need to do them one at a time but at least you will get them renewed.  Hope that helps - go coffee up and give that a whirl.  

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Ok, looks like I'm going to have to open a couple of tabs and have the listing page open in one tab and shop in another so I can figure out which ones as they are in multiple categories. I have nearly 1500 listings and numerous categories.

Will have to come back to this later today as I don't have time for it this morning.

1 Like
TheOldBarnDoor
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I think the problem is certainly within the shop manager.  I couldn't publish draft listings from my shop manager so I did more or less the same thing that I had to so with renewals.  I opened the draft listing as if I was going to edit it and used the publish button at the bottom.  That worked.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

Definitely an issue with Listings Manager - checking the little box and trying to use any of the editing options - deactivate, renew, renewal options - is not working.

Also - if you are able to view your items in your shop - even if you have your solds showing, and can click through to "see item details" - the edit options that are above the main listing pic (on pc/laptop) - work just fine.  I tried this with deactivating, and it worked.  Then I needed to go to my Inactive listings, clicked to open/edit the listing, and hit publish at the bottom, to reactivate.

2 Likes
NickiesNest
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yes, thanks!  This worked for me for "Renew".  Fortunately I only have 2 listings to do today.

It seems to be too much to ask for someone at Etsy to at least acknowledge that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.  Perhaps post an Announcement?  Surely someone in Brooklyn has a couple of minutes to spare.  Really pathetic!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Not seeing any workaround for "Featured" 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Not  finding any way to feature something new, but to edit or remove -

Thanks to 

by ChristmasIsLove 
Community Maker 
59m ago

@feltplanet Did you try editing feature listings from the shop edit page, accessed through the pencil icon on your shop name under Sales Channels on your Dashboard? Changing them from the listings page hasn't worked for me for weeks, but changing them in Edit mode, accessed through the pencil icon, does. (It doesn't work if you access Edit mode from the shop home page. It has to be through the pencil icon.)

3 Likes

Jump to solution

None of the work arounds work for me.  I figure all I can do is wait this one out.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@EccentricHandbags  Oh no!

I'm sorry.  This is pretty crazy - I hope Etsy gets a handle on this.

Who knows what is affecting our Buyers?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Well at least in this case I think Etsy will want this one fixed quickly.  Anything having to do with not allowing listings to be published or renewed will affect their own pocket in a negative way.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

I ended up going back to a previous order and renewing through that link since it was "sold out".   It wasn't perfect but it worked.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This glitch is affecting the other workaround for sale prices not showing.  *sheesh*

Already a couple posts with sale prices not showing in shop or search thumbnails, but do show when you click to view the listing.  This has been going on for weeks, and the solution was to deactivate everything, then reactivate.  Except with this current issue, you can't bulk deactivate/reactivate.

How 'bout we all just go to the beach today?

5 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails 

Oh for the love of pete....

(If I was able to, I'd go to an amusement park and ride coasters all day)

2 Likes
Seaoftimestudio
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This solution worked for me! I didn't even think to try that until I came to the forums and saw your post. Lol

0 Likes
Jewels2at
Community Maker

Jump to solution

When I select Edit, I do not have a place to renew...only a choice of auto and manual.  Am I missing it?

From my listings page, if I click on the item, the renewal comes up, but still get the red banner.

Does this mean that Etsy is loosing their .20?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Jewels2at If the listing is sold out or expired, then hitting Publish when you are in edit mode will charge you the 20 cents and renew.

Should work.

0 Likes
Jewels2at
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@PillowDetails  it has not expired yet...a few days out...

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.