Not recognizing tracking from Pirate Ship

Jump to solution

For some reason Etsy isn't recognizing my tracking numbers from Pirate Ship, sinking my star seller fast! It shows it in etsy with the correct tracking yet, when I check on my star seller csv every order I used pirate ship for isn't showing as tracking. Are we not allowed to use pirate ship any more??? 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Not recognizing tracking from Pirate Ship

Jump to solution

It's a USPS-Etsy issue.

View solution in original post

6 Likes
71 Replies

Jump to solution

I don't think it has anything to do with Pirate ship. We though this was the case and we switched to ETSY shipping for a day, but it didn't change anything.

We ship our orders way before the estimated shipping dates on our invoices. We have 44 orders that show "pre-transit" while they have been delivered 2 days ago and our shipping rating fell to 93 from 100.

There are a lot of other threads about this problem by many other sellers, and there is a post from an admin that mentions the problem here: https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/INVESTIGATING-Some-USPS-tracking-orders-showing-as-pr...

We are troubled about this, because as we are shipping our latest orders, they all show "pre-transit" and that doesn't change as the days go by. And we are burying our shop deeper in negative stats, by shipping our orders on time!

One thing that bugs me is, that our sales started declining also, since this glitch caused our "bad shipping" seller performance.

I hope ETSY fixes this soon

P.S. I edited my post in order to mention that from about 100+ orders we shipped, 44 are showing "pre-transit", while the rest that were shipped during the same timeframe show "Delivered" 

6 Likes

Jump to solution

We are having the same issue and was met with "you have to put in your tracking info before completing order" from customer service. Not the case at all yet my #'s are sinking and it kept me from Star Seller status for 2 months. Etsy needs to come up with a better way not to mention part of the Seller stitch is missing.

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@OverTheMoonBridal   @loopinloop   @MixedVibesByLorie   Just saw this other Thread with a possible solution for those of you having trouble.  Hope it helps.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Can-t-Import-Data-from-Etsy-to-PirateShip/m-p/1414757...

0 Likes
cutebutton
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

It's weird because I am having the issue where the tracking will show pretrasit (only on etsy USPS tracking is correct)  for a whole bunch of orders but it isn't affecting my star seller at all.  That is still showing correct data.

I do buy labels directly from etsy so I was wondering if that was why my star seller isn't affected even though my orders have the same issue?

2 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

me too. I worry if any of those buyers will say to etsy it wasn't delivered and Etsy will refund because it says pre transit until you click on actual tracking?

this is on Etsy and a tech glitch here only.

3 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. My Pirate Ship orders haven't shown up on the cvs this month at all. They stopped transferring over at the end of February. Nothing listed at all. The tracking that managed to update this month on Etsy isn't showing either and my shipping percentage is continuing to drop.

@ChillwolfArt  I used that solution last week after being disconnected but now there seems to be an issue with the info getting to the csv. This seems to be a new problem but thanks for trying to help.

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@GielDesigns  Oh boy, I'm sorry about that.  And yet there is no Announcement about this issue, which Sellers have been experiencing for a while now. I don't know, a lot of glitches going on.

1 Like
TeddysPropShop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm manually entering mine and none of them have made it to the CSV this month. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

So my orders utilizing Pirate Ship labels are showing "in transit", but again the actual pick up times are way off and way behind when the actual pickups and scanning occurred. Example, Two packages were picked up and scanned right in front of me at around 12:30 PM. My Etsy Shipping profile states "picked up" at 5:49 PM. Etsy has not fixed this issue. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I get onto Etsy every day about this. Every day they "escalate" my case and tell me the team will email me..... which they never do. They are aware its a fault on Etsy's end

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Same here.  Everything I've shipped since March 1st shows as pre-transit, but all the same orders are moving along within USPS right now with most already delivered. 

Pirateship integration is having no issues with getting the tracking number into Etsy and moving them to completed orders.  Etsy just isn't updating any tracking after that...they all show pre-transit under completed orders, yet no tracking shows in the star seller shipping .csv download since March 1st.  

Etsys bug now has my shipping star seller down to 92%. 

6 Likes

Jump to solution

Mine goes back to the end of February.  It wasn't like this the other day either

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I don't think it has anything to do with Pirate Ship, because I send nearly everything with them, and only some of my packages are stuck in "pre transit."

The only way I noticed is because my star score is too low.

I have 8 currently marked as "pre-transit." Six out of those eight have already been delivered. And one of them is an over-$250 order. Great.

3 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I have  a number stuck in pre transit also all are delivered.

This can cause issues because I would assume Etsy doesn't send a message that they have received it and won't open the window for review either.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I also use Pirate ship.  Several days ago Pirate Ship couldn't integrate with Etsy and I had to set up the connection again.  I also have several orders listed as "pre-transit."  However if the USPS link is clicked orders show orders moving through the system or delivered.  My star seller is down to 95 % for shipping despite the fact that ALL orders have tracking info added.

Beyond frustrated.  If Etsy knows there is an issue with THEIR system why are they still dinging our ratings?!  In looking for help to resolve issues Etsy directs to the forums and NOT to actual help.  So  @ampersay   moderators where's the help?!

8 Likes

Jump to solution

I agree that whatever Etsy did that messed up the PirateShip integration probably messed up their connection to USPS as well.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@Adorabilities 

Certainly possible that some kind of tinkering screwed things up.  I try and follow my outgoing packages and usually the updates from USPS to Etsy are slow.  I have packages that were delivered 3-4 days ago still in "pre-transit."  Thankfully I haven't recieved any complaints from any buyers( who don't follow the USPS links) and want to know "why hasn't *it* shipped yet?!"

1 Like

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem with Etsy not updating my Pirateship shipping in their star seller program.   I am beyond frustrated with Etsy not acknowledging that fact  on their site errors.   

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Because that's their m.o., unfortunately. They hold us to a higher standard than they hold themselves to. Time and again it happens.

1 Like

Jump to solution

It's not just Pirate Ship Etsy is having problems with recognizing the labels they sell you under their own program. I've been waiting weeks for a resolution to the "chat" complaints I filed with Etsy. I provided customer order numbers, shipping label numbers and USPS proof of delivery. I have been told (by chat) the "Etsy tech gurus" (my language not theirs) are on it. Bu)(  - Sh*!  We, as sellers, are once again being victimized by Etsy. This never happened in the past. It affects buyers ability to post a positive review and that affects the whole STAR SELLER program.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

So, Etsy can't see USPS links on their own site(provided by Pirate Ship) and even the labels they sell directly.  It gets worse....

Maybe the STAR ratings of the "tech gurus" should be dropped.  

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I use Pirateship and all my tracking numbers are working fine. I have Star Seller Status, and I have used Pirateship for years. But  my stats for Star Seller have always been crazy off. For months it said I only answered messages 86% of the time, when I usually answer in minutes. Then finally it popped up to 96% overnight one day.

1 Like

Jump to solution

That's what I thought too until Monday then I got hit with this glitch. Etsy KNOWS it's not Pirateship but THEM. I told them this isn't acceptable and that many sellers lost their badge this month to to an ETSY glitch.

2 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@QuirkyAntiquesStore Ditto here.  I use PirateShip and have been at 100%.  

Today dropped to 99%, showing one order with no tracking.  Except they all have tracking.  

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.