New app

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the new app? I am unable to upload pictures to send to customers in messages AND I am not able to create new listings because pictures won't upload there either! Super frustrated that not only has Etsy raised their fees, but they've changed to a non functioning app.  I have also noticed my sales are down across ALL of my shops since the new app has come into existence. (Yes, I have checked my phone settings to be sure the permissions are set to allow access to media storage and photos) any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you  and another gripe is it says (validate bank account after already validating numerous times, continuously sends code to phone to login, even though I have disabled two step verification. Etsy and their 15% fees are really serving me better

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
26 Replies
BoZorX
Post Crafter

Re: New app

I use new app , its fine, i am new seller too, please give screenshot maybe

i only have a problem in section, i just ask now in this forom

anyway your shop are nice,,,

1 Like

Are you using an apple or an Android? I am using an Android and it will not upload any photos in the new app unless it's a screenshot

2 Likes
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

Use the feedback option on the app to complain, as there seems to several bugs looking on the forum.

4 Likes
BoZorX
Post Crafter

@CrystalsCustomsArt its a good solution 

0 Likes
BoZorX
Post Crafter

@CrystalsCustomsArt I use Apple Iphone 11 even i found some issue to using this app on my divice 

2 Likes

You guys are lucky to even be able to download the app, my Samsung Galaxy isnt compatible apparently.

Also, using the new app on my iPad, where is the Teams and forums located, cant find it at all ?

I find i have to relocate to the Mac desktop to use the forums...not great !

2 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@GhostCustomGuitars 

The easiest way to get to the forums is to do a search for Etsy forum and click on the link.  After you get it, bookmark it.  Using the browser is much better than the app.

0 Likes

As per the OP I am also seeing/having the same issues.

My partner has provided this feedback after I showed him the problems I was having with using the new app. I use the app on my iPhone as I do not use the pc and this feedback is from a seller perspective. I would also like to point out that i was unaware of a way to give feedback until my partner went onto the chat feature to provide feedback and was just given a link and told to it there, Like other people have posted here my sales have also dropped off since the enforcement of using the new app and this does not feel like coincidence.

Anyway Etsy here is his feedback; 

Features and functionality are supposed to make a mobile app user-friendly;

• high-quality interface - The app’s navigation greatly impacts how user-friendly the app is. The new app does not have Intuitive navigation allowing users to interact seamlessly with the app to use it exactly how they want.  This new app has a more difficult navigation system compared to the old one which it feels leaves your users confused and unable to do things that they could do on the old app, e.g.
  1. Unloading photos, on the old app it was easy to upload photos when creating/editing listings,
  2. Creating a listing on the old app used to take approx. 20-30 mins from the start to finish whereas the new app has increased that time on a good day to about an hour using a work around.
  3. Apps should be designed so the user has to spend minimum cognitive effort when using the app, with the old one this was possible due to design, layout, functionality etc. but not with new App.

Social media integration;

Using the old app it was easily to use the marketing/ social media to share items on other platforms like twitter and instagram, However on the new app this is alot harder if not impossible to do without using a work around and that should not be the case as this increases the time to do this and should not have to be like this.

On the pc you get the option to copy/paste pre-written caption with hashtags and the photo to social media, on the new app for Instagram it will only post the picture and if you copied it the link to the item on the shop but no pre-written caption or hashtags. You also can not post through Esty on the pc to Instagram, it tells you that you need to download the seller app.

Feedback for sellers;

Yes it is helpful providing FAQs and the forum and the chat option (when available), but it should not have taken to jumping on the chat to give feedback to issues with the app only to be given a link to provide feedback and go there to do it. That option should be added somewhere easy to see on the seller app so if a seller has feedback for an issue they are experiencing like the examples mentioned above they can use this and provide the feedback.

3 Likes

On my Android phone, the Homepage of the new app ha a "feedback" button in the lower right.  Do you not have that on your iphone?

0 Likes

@CrystalsCustomsArt why are you using the new app? Etsy uses us to troubleshoot new software the same way they use us to be the help desk here in the forum. Stop using the new app, go back to the old app, by the time they slam the door on it, the new one will be fixed.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, I tried reinstalling the old app, but it has already been discontinued 

2 Likes
EstatelyAntiques
Inspiration Seeker

The old app is no longer available apparently. Bottom line and the answer I get repeatedly when trying to contact customer service about the inability to upload our photos from our phones is: 

"The engineers are aware of it, there is no ETA, no announcements, no way to do a work around. No fixes" 

So sadly, we as sellers are dead in the water currently. No ability to create new listings from our phones  if we can't upload photos. We will have to try to find a work around and through a lengthy process (fingers crossed) hope they upload from a desktop computer until this is fixed.  

I really hope that the ETSY team would consider providing us with timely announcements and information on an ETA for this situation to be remedied. 

2 Likes

@CrystalsCustomsArt  Errr hello….the old app stopped working on May 23rd in case you didn’t know!

0 Likes

@EstatelyAntiquesWow, what kind of a 'we-don't give-a-hoot-about-it' response is that!?  How unprofessional........

0 Likes

PillowDetails - I have not seen button on the iphone you describe.

Also have not had issues uploading pictures from pc but I do all of my listings from my phone normally.

The only thing I have noticed when you use the pc is that if I want to save any pictures now from a listing that I have uploaded from my phone I have to switch to old version as new version of site will only save them as a WEPP file rather than a PNG like the old version.

I can only speak from the experience of using an iPhone but the new version of the app will not let me upload pictures, so the work around takes longer

Apart from the basic instructions (from my partner) of make sure you have the upto date version of the app, turn your phone off and on again, clear your phone cache and if that doesn't work delete the app and then reinstall it to see if that fixes any issues you are having. I have tried all of this and not had any joy.

My current work around is that I am currently having to upload photos for new listings on my phone by using safari web browser and logging into Esty that way as the app does not work for that. Hope this helps, I assume it would be similar for android users using a compatible web browser as well although I am unable to test this as do not have an android phone 

1 Like
Solarandgarden
Inspiration Seeker

That is a good suggestion, to login on phone from a web browser and not the app. In my experience, it takes forever to upload photos this way. Etsy should be held accountable for doing this to their sellers. 

0 Likes

thats a good idea to try the browser on my phone, i usually upload photos on my phone then finish listing on computer. i'm so frustrated.

1 Like

0 Likes

I'm having problems uploading photos on the new app on my iphone, have been for over a month, ETSY acknowledged the problem and said they were working on it before the old one was done, they should have extended it since the new one isn't working for something so critical. Would love to hear tips if anyone has any they've figured out.  

1 Like
Solarandgarden
Inspiration Seeker

I was expecting Etsy support to say they are aware and working on the issue. I received a message from support saying try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I do not feel confident this is being worked on....

0 Likes
Solarandgarden
Inspiration Seeker

After multiple attempts to contact customer support explaining the same problem of pictures not uploading in the new app. Etsy is clearly aloof to this problem and thinks uninstalling the app and reinstalling is the fix. I am so appalled that Etsy could do this to their sellers.  Etsy's response is as follows: Hi Crystal,

We thank you for your patience on waiting for a response. We're experiencing a higher than usual email volume, and we’re answering them in the order that they've received. My name is Kris from the Technical Support team, and I’m here to help.

I understand that you're unable to add a photo on your listing when using the new Etsy Seller app. I know how important this is for you, let us work on this together.

As part of our troubleshooting, we strongly recommend removing the app from your device and reinstalling it. Even if you have the latest version installed, reinstalling often resolves these kinds of issues.

First, go to your device's Settings menu and find the application manager. Look for and tap on the app to uninstall. Once the app has been uninstalled, you can reinstall it using the Play Store app on your phone. Here’s a direct link

0 Likes
SweetBeanVintage
Inspiration Seeker

Ugh. Let me see if I can find the message where acknowledged the issue. 

0 Likes

No problems here. I use apple and I personally think the new app is an improvement. Love the copy another listing and print labels from the app. Sometimes change is not accepted immediately. Give it time I’m sure it will improve for the better. Oh yeah, sales are way down. The state of the economy, I guess.

0 Likes
SweetBeanVintage
Inspiration Seeker

I’m glad you’re not having any trouble but it’s not about change. I like the changes. I’ve been getting errors 85% of the time I tried to upload photos. This is an Etsy problem. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.