For some unknown reason, almost all my listing have an "update required" red text over them.  I can't see what needs to be updated..when I scroll over the notice it says something about shipping, but when i go to shipping sections I don't see any issues.  Any suggestions on how to do whatever the required update is?

thanks!

Amanda

Re: My listings suddenly all say "update required" in red when I view listings in shop man

Jump to solution

@NatureAndCritters 

It's not a bug or a glitch. Etsy eliminated the 'other' option. This is intended behavior not a bug. You will have to update the shipping profiles. You will not be able to renew your listings or create new ones until you do. If you use POD you will have to make your best guess and select a service with similar transit times. You can also check your prior orders for those items and see how they are usually shipped and select that option. 

Keep in mind that if you edit the shipping profile that was automatically generated by your POD they may revert back to the POD default with 'other' when things sync between your POD and etsy. Your best bet and easiest way to fix is to duplicate all the auto generated profiles and use bulk edit tools to attach them to your listings. That way you can make whatever edits you need to the profiles you created (the duplicates) and they won't revert back to the POD's defaults. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Re: My listings suddenly all say "update required" in red when I view listings in shop man

Jump to solution

@bradgoodell  hold it - Etsy isn't even offering all of its own label options as shipping options on listings?

LOL this one is amazingly bad, even for Etsy. 

3 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2  That is exactly right.  Etsy, when removing "Other" for US sellers, left 4 options:  USPS, UPS, FedEx, and DHL.

But Etsy sells international shipping labels for Asendia Global Shipping, which isn't on the list.  Asendia shipping does start out going USPS, but then switches once it reaches the Asendia sorting center.  The tracking is different, and the turnaround time is different.  

Not sure how Etsy can actually make that huge of a mistake, but it seems to be off their radar completely.  

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Odd - not sure if it technically counts as "other" but I've been using the free shipping option that automatically imports from Printful. "Printful: Free Shipping (#PF-FRGFREE)"

I don't really see a way to update this and have it work properly without completely deleting and re-uploading all of my Printful listings. Anyone else have this issue specifically with Printful?

EDIT: Suddenly, now, literally less than 2 minutes after posting this without doing anything, the red update notices are gone. Lol what the heck. 

0 Likes
SJDFineArtPhotos
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

After changing all the "Other" settings I was still having the same issue, the red box would not go away. Then I added size and weight measures and the problem was solved.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@bradgoodell: "Not sure how Etsy can actually make that huge of a mistake" Because the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.

1 Like
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@BagmakerSupply  I do not expect Etsy to rectify it anytime soon, if ever.  So we can expect this to be a multiplied flustercuck when:

1. Sellers use a service that isn't on the list
  2. all those expected delivery dates are incredibly wrong 

I'm ever so grateful I've cut back my international shipping. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Suddenly at least 3 of my listings have a Red box over them saying Update Required. When I hover over the message it says   "This listing needs some quick updates to Shipping Settings to help ... determine delivery dates" I don't get that - Printify does all my on demand printing & shipping so isn't that already established?? I go into my Shipping Settings but I can't see anything there that would require changes or updates.  Is this a Printify issue maybe?  My products that are downloadable/printable files look fine, no messages on those products. Hope it's just a weird glitch that will be corrected Fast! 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I agree, I hope it's a Printify issue. Some of my orders are sent via UPS, some USPS, some DHL depending on the Printify vendor. It's going to be pretty time consuming to look at each vendor for each product and figure out which carrier they use. I'll worry about this in the morning.

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@NatureAndCritters @BloomButterflyPrints it's not a Printify issue. The problem is because we are using 'other' for the shipping method.

7 Likes
SJDFineArtPhotos
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I had the same issue, it seems that because I was also using Prinify, the shipping size and weight weren't being filled in by them with their automated system. After I entered a size and weight everything worked fine. I hope this helps.

0 Likes
DRDesignzShop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

POD defaults I use are all "other"... sounds like that's it

1 Like

Jump to solution

same here. It appears the are eliminating the other option for shipping. But if you ship via LTL freight on large items, they don’t have any carriers for us to use. Customer service was no help as usual so I guess we are dead. 

9 Likes
StoneluxPaints
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  We ship liquids, none of the couriers in Etsy's list allow liquids in their networks, so as things stand, we can no longer sell on Etsy. 

2 Likes
AndAmpersandShop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

yeah I can't seem to figure it out, thank you for putting this out in the world. I will watch this page for more info in the future.

Cheers

Chris

1 Like
LoVedoArt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm so glad I found all of you, because I'm having the same issue. After reading the comment about having "other" for the shipping carrier, I selected USPS. It didn't affect the dreaded red box. I rebooted my computer--red box still on ALL my listings. I have "other" because my smaller photographs usually go via USPS and the larger prints nearly always go via FedEx. It's ridiculous to suggest that everything should always have the same carrier. But even selecting one carrier DID NOT eliminate the problem for me. So unless Etsy fixes this quickly, I won't be able to renew my listings, and that makes for one very unhappy seller. HELP, Etsy!

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Do you use shipping profiles? I just edited/updated my shipping profile and it fixed it. 

0 Likes
LoVedoArt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yes, I use shipping profiles. There are two currently in use in my shop, but I updated all to NOT use the dreaded "other" for shipping. It didn't change anything.

0 Likes
foxlyprints
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue all my listings have "Other" as I don't use any of the carriers stated. Update required red box on every listing, hopefully this is just a bug. My shop also got put on holiday mode while they asked to confirm info, this may be a coincidence. 

0 Likes
LynElleInc
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue.

0 Likes
LynElleInc
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm on with help right now. They say that this is an issue the engineering team is looking into.

7 Likes
BohoPsychedelic
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you!! Have you got any more updates at all?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Edit to change a word:

Make sure all your shipping profiles don't have "Other" on the Shipping carrier. Went through ours and all the Red "Update Required" listings are back to normal!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

YEs but if we use Printify, ???

I'm so lost.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.