I think there needs to be an accommodation for local pick up in the star seller program when you select that feature.

Re: Local pick up docked my star seller chance

Jump to solution

@BugFlowerArt: If you look at the applicable CSV file you should be able to determine which orders Etsy thinks there is something "wrong" with and what it is.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello @BugFlowerArt,

We've double-checked the tracking number on the order that is affecting your Star Seller, and it appears that it can't also be tracked on the carrier's website. It is possible that the number being entered may not be the tracking number, or a slight error may have been made in entering the number. Please check the carrier and the tracking number match. If the carrier and tracking numbers do not match, this will count as an invalid tracking number. You can also check our help center article explaining how to add or edit a tracking number.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy is missing out on $$ by disallowing local pickups. I sell quite a bit of product on my own website that customers pick up. It would be easy for Etsy to set something up on the buyer end that the buyer could check for waive shipping/local pickup, and yet they persist in their current policy. It's yet another befuddling Etsy policy that undermines the small biz/folksy/hip/eco-friendly vibe they're aiming for.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Hello there,

As of the moment, tracking metrics don’t account for local pickup, shipping without tracking if not in a market with an exception, or in person delivery. Please note that all physical orders must include a valid tracking number or a shipping label purchased on Etsy to be counted positively towards your on time shipping & tracking. All shipping labels purchased on Etsy will count positively towards your score, even if they don't come with tracking

We know that local pick up is important to Sellers like yourself, and we’re currently working on an option for sellers to tag the order as a pickup so that this can count towards Star Seller moving forward. Seller feedback has been critical to this work, and we're so appreciative of your feedback. We’ll be sure to let you know once this improvement is ready. Etsy understands that Star Seller may not be viable for every shop. Star Seller is not a disciplinary program and sellers will not be penalized for low scores. Additionally, having the badge doesn't give sellers an edge over other sellers in search ranking.

On the other hand, as a reminder, prior to posting a thread in the Forums, we ask that you please check if you are not bumping an old thread that hasn't seen any activity in a few months (or years, even). If that is the case, and you still would like to share your thoughts and get the conversation going - whether about this or similar topics, we ask that you start your own thread instead of bumping an old one.

Reviving old threads can cause confusion for members reading, so always check the dates of the most recent replies before posting. You can find this information on the top-left corner of each message, just below the member's username and profile picture.

Having said that, we are closing this thread as it is indeed a bit older, and the information contained here may be outdated.

Thank you very much!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.