Issues Downloading Digital Orders

Jump to solution

Hello,

Is it just my buyers that have issues downloading digital patterns I am selling? Every time my digital item is ordered I have to run to my PC and attach the files to the messages and/or their emails, because buyers need help being unable to download their orders.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Issues Downloading Digital Orders

Jump to solution

No you're not the only one. The issue that I see most often is that buyers are trying to download files from the Etsy App, but Etsy did not make that possible. All that is there is a button that says "Help with order." Files can only be downloaded when the buyer logs into their account from an internet browser. For me, informing the customer of that usually fixes the problem. Very rarely, I do have to send the file via Email.

I used to get tons of messages about it. Then I included a note about it in the notes to buyers of digital items. My message shows up under their order in the Etsy App. I still get messages every once in a while, but it has decreased. Would be nice if Etsy took the initiative and put a little note under digital orders when viewed from the Etsy App. 

View solution in original post

16 Likes
14 Replies

Jump to solution

No you're not the only one. The issue that I see most often is that buyers are trying to download files from the Etsy App, but Etsy did not make that possible. All that is there is a button that says "Help with order." Files can only be downloaded when the buyer logs into their account from an internet browser. For me, informing the customer of that usually fixes the problem. Very rarely, I do have to send the file via Email.

I used to get tons of messages about it. Then I included a note about it in the notes to buyers of digital items. My message shows up under their order in the Etsy App. I still get messages every once in a while, but it has decreased. Would be nice if Etsy took the initiative and put a little note under digital orders when viewed from the Etsy App. 

16 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you for your helpful reply! Now I am going to add a note too.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It's also worth setting up an email response explaining what to do. I get emails virtually every day on the subject and it saves a lot of time if you have a saved response to just click and send. I also include a link to the relevant help page. Best of luck with your shop!

1 Like
lucyravenscar
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

It seems to have got worse recently, I'd love to see the email that buyers get when they order a downloadable item, maybe we could get Etsy to make it more helpful. Here's the Etsy help page if anyone needs to link to it: 

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115013328108-Downloading-a-Digital-Item?segment=shopping

1 Like

Jump to solution

One of the buyers told me last week, that she only has a phone and a tablet, no pc or laptop to download digital orders.

Doesn't Etsy know that people use desktop devices less often nowadays?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Welcome2Vintage: Obviously there are many shortcomings in the Etsy apps, but that does not prevent the customer from using a browser on their phone to download.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes I have a word file with a letter which explains they need to use an internet browser to download a file usually.  I just reply in the message if they have an issue and it usually seems to work. Very occasionally someone will not be able to download it and then I email the file although I don't like to do this really. I like the idea above of putting the note in their order so I think I will copy this idea as well, thanks!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Use this in your message receipts to customers when they have purchased your digital files:

HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOUR DIGITAL FILE:

Log in to your Etsy account using a web browser like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. Do NOT use the Etsy app as that feature is not available.
Click on “You” (top right) (or your avatar)
Choose “Purchases and reviews”
Find the order. Click on “Download Files” (to the right of the order)
The file will go to your “Downloads” folders
Find more info here:
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/115013328108-Downloading-a-Digital-Item?segment=shopping

7 Likes

Jump to solution

The new app versions STILL don’t provide for uploads/downloads, nor is there any indication in any of them that one needs to use a web browser for these actions.

Etsy is haranguing sellers to switch to their new seller app, and provides a opportunity to provide feedback. Which I certainly did (lol). (From my perspective, the new seller app is even less functional than the old one. 

i encourage all digital sellers provide Etsy with their feedback on the app.  

0 Likes
woollybearknit
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yes, constantly. It's infuriating that Etsy won't fix this. And then sellers' customer service ratings suffer when we get buyers rating us poorly that they can't get their purchases though no fault of our own. 

1 Like
lucyravenscar
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

If someone rates you badly based on something you can't control, report it to Etsy using that reason, they should remove it.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

sorry my response went to the wrong user

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I called the help desk and they said no problems have been identified. Technical support looked at my end and said there were no issues on my end. Not exactly what the customer wanted to here. Even providing them with the download link didn't always work, so I had to email it to many of them.  I forgot to think about coming here to see if others were experiencing the same issues. While mine is a small percentage of customers that this is happening to, it is annoying to say the least for both the seller and the buyer. I am sure that their network is being taxed heavily because as our sales volumes increase this time of year, so does their network usage. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am a new shop and was just about to post a question about this, great advice about the notes and image listings giving the information, it is hard to deal with technical difficulties by message that is for sure! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.