Is Etsy Glitching?

Yesterday I had an issue when renewing a listing. I renewed it but then it didn't show up. It remained in the expired section. I had to renew it three times before it showed up on my active listings. I did check my finance and was only charged once for a renew fee. But I thought it was strange I had to "renew" it three times before it showed up as being renewed. 
Same thing happened to me this morning. I sold a doll outfit but it renewed. I only had one outfit available and it sold. I thought I had it on manual renew, possibly didn't. So I went to deactivate it because I had sold the one and only outfit. I had the same issue. It took three attempts before it showed up as deactivated. And yes I got charged the 20 cents when it automatically renewed. But I thought again, it was on manual.

Also, I went through my physical items (majority of my shop is digital) and noticed half of them were marked as "automatic renew". So I had to change to manual. Because I only have one of that item. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
25 Replies

Re: Is Etsy Glitching?

@HomespunKat: There are quite a few recent threads about issues with changing the state of some listings (renew, activate, etc).

2 Likes

This morning when I edited a listing before renewing it, I noticed that not all of the changes I had made were there. So, I edited it again. Just weird.

1 Like

Yes, something is most certainly up and why I popped in to check if anyone else was experiencing anything this morning.

I had a multi item order, renewed everything that was sold out - those items are renewed and current listings but show as sold out on the order itself.    I've checked other devices, refreshed/restarted the computer, etc.    It's definitely on Etsy's side.   I know they are available to purchase but still annoying to see that red sold out banner - when they're not.  LOL

0 Likes

Check your finances, mine did that and this morning I have been triple charged from each time I renewed.

1 Like

Yes, I was overcharged as well eventually and will be contacting Etsy for a refund today. Just one more thing to do.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@HomespunKat  "Is Etsy Glitching?"  Big time.  From what I can see, there are quite a few Threads about this very thing.  However, Etsy has not come forth with an Announcement about it.

1 Like

>However, Etsy has not come forth with an Announcement about it.

I just about choked on my water, LOL!

I think it was over a week if not more that they didn't even acknowledge Pre-Transit-Gate.

3 Likes
Jewels2at
Community Maker

@moonbeamgifts  Etsy will NEVER admit there is an issue.  NEVER!!!!

They just go along hoping no one will say anything about it.

3 Likes

Yes, it also happened to me and was charged for all of the attempts across multiple items. I contacted support. They are aware of the situation but were not able to offer me a refund, at least not at this time.

1 Like

@recycledideas 

What? Aware, but no refund? Others got refunds. What the heck? I will pester them.

2 Likes

@recycledideas 

I just contacted Etsy Support and they did refund my overcharges. So maybe try again. Not all the support people are able to do anything. I used the callback link.

1 Like

@HomespunKat  - You mentioned   "I went through my physical items (majority of my shop is digital) and noticed half of them were marked as "automatic renew". So I had to change to manual. Because I only have one of that item."

Automatic renewal applies to the 4 month listing time. So a physical item listed, doesn't sell in four months, Etsy will automatically renew it for another four months.
If you have it set to 'manual renewal' you would be the one that needs to renew the listing after its four month time expires. Etsy used to "flag" these listings when they were getting close to expiring.

If a physical item is listed with a quantity of One, once it sells that's it. It will not renew automatically since your inventory count is now Zero. Well, at least that's what should happen. So for the sold item that was renewed, if the inventory count was One, it's an Etsy glitch. How much time you would want to devote to getting the .20 cents back - there's the principle of the matter & then there's your sanity, lol - is up to you. But at this point, the glitches are so frequent and varied I don't know how anyone keeps up with them all. 

0 Likes

It was a physical item that only one was in stock. It sold. So it should have gone to "Sold Listings"....but somehow it got changed from manual to automatic. So when it sold Etsy just renewed it like there was another one available when there wasnt. 
When I list a doll outfit I do it manual so that if it doesn't sell at the end of 4 months I can decide whether to relist or not. 
But today they did this and I got charged the 20 cent listing fee for an item I dont even have because again, I sold it. 
I then went through all my physical item listings (only a dozen) and noticed half of them were changed to auto renew when I know they were manual.

At this point Im not concerned about the 20 cents. Fortunatly a brunt of my listings are digital and I keep those auto renew. But I will keep looking at my physical listings to make sure they keep staying manuel renew instead.

0 Likes

@HomespunKat: Manual or Automatic renewal only applies to renewal at expiration and has no effect on renewal upon sale. If you are absolutely sure that the quantity available was correct, then it seems that Etsy is doing new math: 1 available minus 1 sold = 1 available. Wonder if this is connected to the processing lag when renewing or activating listings.

1 Like

Due to the time of year (before the holiday season begins) and due to all the glitches recently, this tells me that Etsy is working on some major change or other. I have been here 13 years and this has been the case for many of those years. I will not be at all surprised.

8 Likes

And it is probably something we aren't going to like....I wish I had a better venue. Etsy didn't used to be like this 15 years ago. 

1 Like

Yep. Every time!

Either they're getting ready to ditch the old listing page, or it's something else. Sometimes we can guess what's coming, sometimes they throw us a curveball.

2 Likes
timelapse
Conversation Maker

Bingo! That is what I have been thinking as well. Always happens right at the start of the busiest season. (maybe they think we won't notice if we are busy : )

1 Like

Yesterday we had 3 different listings did not renew, I checked our finances, no charges. I Contacted E. Support Chat as I explained issue, & too give them the listings #'s; We got disconnected. Today New issue this morning I seen in our finances we were charged twice for those 3 listings problems last night. So I contacted E. Support to explain issue they resolved it. 

Wonder what is going now? More new changes, experiments for us to be challenged?

We have been with Etsy For 11 Years I have never seen so many changes in 3 months, we've been in 6 different tests so far in 3 months this year. 

0 Likes

I have a feeling they are going to initiate a "spend you funds" like Ebay recently did. What one of them does- the other always follows....

1 Like

And this is one of many reasons why I have a separate buyer account.....the reasons just keep adding up.

0 Likes

And then force you to use your funds from your selling account to fund any purchases.

0 Likes

And then that would all make sense again with their new "lowered reserves" policy. Can't spend your funds if they are holding it....

0 Likes

Yep, always something, but more than normal today.

I can’t send a message from a order (get a error)

Chat bot wont respond

Etsy will not load in chrome on my PC for a week now even though I cleared all my cache and history.  It worked perfectly fine….until it didn’t

Listings were not properly expiring

Etc etc 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.