If your in the Uk as a buyer and you click on any of the ready to ship section all the Uk shops do not show in the search results as the Filters automatically clicks over the European Union, so if your Etsy Stats have been way down and you sell from the UK this is probably why, this NEEDS to get sorted ASAP as the Uk sellers are losing out on alot of sales.

MaggieandRose
Conversation Maker

Re: If a buyer is in the UK, and click next day, no Uk shops appear in the results.!!

Is Christmas cancelled for the UK? Might as well be, thank you Etsy! 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Re: If a buyer is in the UK, and click next day, no Uk shops appear in the results.!!

@MaggieandRose  i really hope they sort this one out in the next few days or will not be great for our Christmas sales, im already dead again, had a great last Saturday of sales for the first time in ages and then nothing hardly for the rest of week, was hoping to get some decent sales this weekend again but looks like i might be putting me feet up on Monday!

1 Like
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

@daisysjewellerygifts Me too.  Did well over last weekend and the beginning of the week but since Thursday it has been almost completely dead.  I used to have around 20 orders by this time on a Saturday night and only have 5 very small orders as of now.  I have never, in 9 years, been this slow. It's very worrying.

2 Likes
MaggieandRose
Conversation Maker

With the Royal Mail strikes as well it’s looking hopeless for Christmas sales. I’ve usually got to this point in October with my husband and me wrapping parcels all day on Sundays because of all the weekend orders. Today literally nothing to wrap. Yes, I know, it’s the economy etc. But it isn’t, it’s Etsy. 

1 Like

@MaggieandRose  yeap i have to agree, i am normally staying up really late making and packing orders by mid October, and yes i know the economy is a worry, but people still always find money some how for Christmas gifts, you just know its been going on for a while as my Etsy search results on the Stats have been next to nothing for a very long time now, and as i ship out everything in 1 day thats me stuffed!! until they fix this it looks like we will be relying on the App to get sales, which is not great as most of mine seem to come off the Etsy website itself.

1 Like

I have had 8 orders since Thursday when I first noticed it,

4 USA, 1 Canada, 3 UK  (and I send tracked overseas, so the price is a lot higher for those buyers)

It's a bit skewed, and less UK sales than I would normally have this time of year, this is not my only selling site, so it's not a big problem for me, but just another reason to make sure we don't just sell on one platform.

...... and I did an extra trip to the post office, to another village, that was open yesterday - so I could clear the decks of everything, and get them on their way, before Tuesday

1 Like

@CraftyCornishMaids  we need to keep on at them to get this fixed or we are all going to have really bad Christmas sales, including all of those out of the EU if they normally get a lot of buyers form the UK.

As for the strike i hope they cancel that now as well now as they are facing job cuts, they would be stupid to keep going ahead with it, plus they will be losing money to for Christmas as they dont get paid when they keep walking out! the worlds gone mad lol

2 Likes

@daisysjewellerygifts 

The strikes will definitely affect our Christmas sales,

I think someone needs to lock them in a room, and not let them out, until they have come to an agreement.

I will suggest in my open log to etsy, I change my shop location, top left, to eu, and leave ships-from location UK, and my address in sellers details as my address in uk, and see what they say

1 Like

@daisysjewellerygifts 

so, I had a long chat, it's being escalated again, I did ask about changing location, we can set location to an EU country whilst this is being fixed - the down side, is that if anyone clicks UK, we will disappear, so rock and a hard place

I'd like to inform you that you can put shop location and ship location differently. In order to maintain the transparency you can add this information on your announcement, that you are going to ship your products from UK

1 Like

@CraftyCornishMaids  thanks for chatting to them again and getting it escalated, as for the other suggestion sounds ok but i dont really want to start messing with my own shop, its them who need to sort this out, in the meantime i will just wait it out along with everyone else until they finally do,

2 Likes

@CraftyCornishMaids  i guess the tech department did not have the time to fix this as they probably needed to go home for the weekend!

1 Like
BigMammaFrog
Inspiration Seeker

If I search and select the filter for despatch in 1-3 business days Etsy automatically applies the filter for "items from the United States", thereby excluding all UK shops!

In the UK we are currently facing multiple postal strikes throughout October, November and December, so customers are far more likely to filter for a quick despatch. As a UK seller, this is disasterous!!

1 Like
SoulStarChakras
Conversation Maker

This is dreadful!!! No wonder my sales are very low on both my shops. If anyone selected ships within 1 day or 1-3 days, our UK items are filtered out. What the actual F are Etsy doing this for?!

I am more and more grateful for my Amazon sales at the moment. I have 200+ items to list and I know where I'll be spending time listing them. Here's a clue... It won't be on here!

4 Likes
MinnieMaudsAttic
Conversation Maker

@SoulStarChakras   As a seller of vintage, my new listings are going on Ebay.  I’m down to less than 40 items on Etsy (many of which are, or soon will be, on Ebay) whereas I used to have nearly 300.

Ebay is quieter than it was but still daily sales.  In person shows this month and last have been booming.  It seems that there is still money about but customers don’t want to risk buying things that might be delayed by strikes.

2 Likes

@SoulStarChakras  its been like it for a while, and that now explains why Etsy has been so dead for many of us, i know you pay for Ads and really feel for those who do and still not getting the sales they should be, but so glad your doing ok on Amazon, i dont know whats happening with this site of late but its just seems to be issue after issue, then they so called fix something and that one comes back along with other issues! its just an on going thing.

1 Like
MyOrganisedHome
Conversation Maker

I won’t be renewing my listings as they expire.

With this and the utter shambles that is the new returns policy I’m moving most of my listings to Folksy.

The only things I’ll leave here will be the digital downloads.

1 Like

I wonder if the Sales from the EU shops have gone up alot, would be interesting to know.

0 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

Just a thought...maybe Etsy want to get rid of UK sellers because of all the Royal Mail strikes.  Obviously whilst the strikes are going on there are going to be parcels going "missing" as well as late deliveries which will cause a headache for Etsy when it comes to complaints and refunds.  They've been very quiet about the strikes this time round, after saying that they would take the strikes into consideration when looking at complaints when the first round of strikes began.  The ratio of sellers to buyers is not good for Etsy, so get rid of a load of UK sellers and they'll have a better balance.  The longer they ignore us, the more likely we are to move on to other sites.  Plus the fact that we have "annoying laws" regarding returns, they may be quite happy for us to move on.  

2 Likes
MinnieMaudsAttic
Conversation Maker

@GlitteramaCrafts   I think you are absolutely right in your analysis.

I wonder how many UK buyers Etsy will lose too.  Perhaps that’s thought to be a price worth paying.

1 Like
SoulStarChakras
Conversation Maker

Not all UK sellers use Royal Mail though.

0 Likes

lets see what happens today and hope we see some sort of change and it gets sorted out!

2 Likes

bumping until this matter gets resolved!

1 Like

well over 12 hours in and my Etsy search stats are showing a whole 1 view, so i guess its still not fixed then!!

0 Likes

i just checked for something using uk only and the results seem incredibly low even for that search, and they are also showing me items i have not asked for, i put in bracelet and they are showing me rings and earrings, so it looks like the whole thing is so mixed up now for the UK sellers and alot are not being shown even with the UK only search!!

0 Likes

Wondered what was going on my shop had 9 X days no Sales unheard of, this weekend 5 X sales ALL off-site ads?????? Not one from Etsy search all Google, what the hell!!! We are paying to renew and items are not being seen!! They surely must have noticed this complete downturn, it's not just the economy it's Incompetent ETSY. Where are the so called Technicians? Does no one oversee the Site?

Dreadful this should be our busy time, and it's dead!!!

GET THIS FIXED ETSY----- STOP WASTING OUR MONEY

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.