If a buyer is in the UK, and click next day, no Uk shops appear in the results.!!

If your in the Uk as a buyer and you click on any of the ready to ship section all the Uk shops do not show in the search results as the Filters automatically clicks over the European Union, so if your Etsy Stats have been way down and you sell from the UK this is probably why, this NEEDS to get sorted ASAP as the Uk sellers are losing out on alot of sales.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
9 Likes
62 Replies
ReginaldSpleen
Conversation Maker

Re: If a buyer is in the UK, and click next day, no Uk shops appear in the results.!!

I got the same result. You can then filter to just UK, but it is a further step the buyer will have to make.

2 Likes
FancyTogs
Community Maker

Re: If a buyer is in the UK, and click next day, no Uk shops appear in the results.!!

Yep, I see it, the "1 business day" filter selects an "Items from European Union" filter as well, totally blocking all UK shops.

Selecting "1-3 business days" also applies the "Items from European Union" filter, again blocking all UK shops from the search results.

It is an utterly asinine piece of coding.

Lawrence (Clare's other half)

5 Likes

@FancyTogs  and @ReginaldSpleen  i really hope this gets sorted out, not great!

1 Like

@daisysjewellerygifts 

it's been happening since at least Thursday

against my better judgement, I used chat yesterday to report it, they said they could see it was including UK as EU behind the scenes and would report it for urgent fix,

and enigma said yesterday they would report it

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/dispatch-time-Search-filters-removing-UK-results-for-...

7 Likes

@CraftyCornishMaids  I saw it ages ago, but just removed the European union, but how many buyers would know to do that, its been going on for quite along time, i really hope they do get this sorted out, and glad you were able to chat to someone about it.

1 Like

Yes, we can notice and unclick, but the main problem is other buyers may not notice the EU filter being set on - probably a LOT of them

2 Likes

Is it showing the same on the App as well  like that ? as someone asked on the other post is anyone seeing it on a desktop.

0 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

Yes, I see it on my desktop.

2 Likes

i wonder if anyone has got the App and can check on that if its the same, as i dont have it.

0 Likes
yxflm75u
Community Curator

I did a search for silver jewellery and clicked 1 business day. The EU box got automatically ticked, but UK shops still appear in the search results. So until it is fixed at least UK shops are showing.

0 Likes

@yxflm75u  is that on the App?

0 Likes

@yxflm75u 

UK shops don't show for me when I click for 1-3 business days, the EU is automatically clicked

and all the prices are odd, which means they are originally listed in the sellers currency, and import vat is added,

I just clicked on a lot, and none shipped to UK

to test further

clicking 1-3 days, with the EU filter automatically applying, 1075 items

click off EU, and click on UK, and I get 3664 items

.... laptop windows, chrome

1 Like
yxflm75u
Community Curator

@daisysjewellerygifts 

On a laptop.

@CraftyCornishMaids 

'Silver Jewellery' on 1 business day, over 98,000 results and some UK shops on 1st page.

I'll narrow the search and see what happens.

1 Like
yxflm75u
Community Curator

'Silver earrings', '1-3 business days', some UK shops are showing on front page.

0 Likes

@yxflm75u 

silver jewellery

1 business day (with the auto eu) - 98,308

click off eu, then click on uk - 172,764

1 Like
yxflm75u
Community Curator

@CraftyCornishMaids  I can only say what I am seeing, which is some UK shops are appearing under the 'EU' banner in those categories.

Interestingly though, when I search for one of my own categories, 'vintage French green buttons', apply 1 or 1-3 business days, and 'EU' kicks in, my items do not show. 

0 Likes

@yxflm75u 

I saw two on the front page, that looked like the prices might be UK - but they were Ireland when I clicked through

with the UK clicked, all the prices looked right for UK

0 Likes
yxflm75u
Community Curator

@CraftyCornishMaids I clicked on them and definitely UK sellers. 

Still, it doesn't make sense that the EU category automatically kicks in, and it needs fixing by ETSY.

1 Like

@yxflm75u  i just tried it again thinking maybe it had been fixed but im like   @CraftyCornishMaids the only shops i see first is Ireland.

1 Like

@CraftyCornishMaids  regarding your ships in 1 day search figures, wow that is a alot of items and sellers not being seen, they really need to get this sorted as thats £1000's in  revenue missing there for the sellers and of course for Etsy to, what a mess, no wonder people are coming to the forum and saying their sales are down, maybe some of it is due to this, as i cant remember when i first spotted but it was alot more than a month ago!!

1 Like
MinnieMaudsAttic
Conversation Maker

Oh it just gets better, doesn’t it? Yet another negative for UK sellers.

3 Likes

@MinnieMaudsAttic i know, do you think they are trying to tell us something!! (Smiley face)

1 Like
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

I've just tried it again using 1 day dispatch and there are absolutely no UK listings at all on the first page.

1 Like

@GlitteramaCrafts  i cant see this getting sorted out anytime soon then.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.