AJsMarketplace83
Inspiration Seeker

I have made 24 sales all 5 star reviews - but it reflects on the seller app as 4.9

Jump to solution

I have been on Etsy for three months, so the 12-month rule doesn't apply. I have gone through my reviews and don't see any under 5. Yet my customer service/shipping are at 4.9. I'm confused on how this happened today when the two people who left ratings today both gave me five stars. The etsy rating system is confusing even after reading through the forums. 

Someone, please help! 

AJ (I've been in business for three months)

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: I have made 24 sales all 5 star reviews - but it reflects on the seller app as 4.9

Jump to solution

Yet my customer service/shipping are at 4.9.

Because of those people that can rate individual metrics of customer service and shipping, 1 review gave you 3 star on shipping and 4 star on customer service.

These individual metric ratings can be seen on the reviews on a listing page, on the left underneath the images.

View solution in original post

3 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: I have made 24 sales all 5 star reviews - but it reflects on the seller app as 4.9

Jump to solution

You received a review on April 7th - overall 5 stars but lower on 2 areas.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies

Jump to solution

Yet my customer service/shipping are at 4.9.

Because of those people that can rate individual metrics of customer service and shipping, 1 review gave you 3 star on shipping and 4 star on customer service.

These individual metric ratings can be seen on the reviews on a listing page, on the left underneath the images.

3 Likes
AJsMarketplace83
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

So I want the app to look up three-star reviews, and nothing comes up under the listing. Can you elaborate differently on how to find it, please?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@AJsMarketplace83: Do not think that it is possible to search the 'sub-catagories' by star rating. According to Etsy "Buyers using the Buy on Etsy app for iOS can give a star rating for the Item Quality, Shipping, and Seller Customer Service, in addition to the overall rating." per  https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013197687-How-to-Leave-a-Review-on-Etsy?segment=shopping

0 Likes

Jump to solution

2 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

Jump to solution
1 Like
nineteen27
Community Maker

Jump to solution

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

You received a review on April 7th - overall 5 stars but lower on 2 areas.

0 Likes
AJsMarketplace83
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

As a new shop owner this would take a year to be removed from my shop correct?

0 Likes
AJsMarketplace83
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you. I see it now. I appreciate you! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The IP issues will likely be a bigger problem for your shop than your star rating.  

8 Likes

Jump to solution

@AJsMarketplace83   Gonna go out on a limb here and say what others have hinted at because it's expected that you read Etsy's TOUs before setting up shop.  Etsy is for selling items in three specific categories:

Handmade:  YOU physically make the items, or have a production partner that makes the items that YOU design.

Vintage: items that are 20 years or older; Antique is 100 years or older.

Craft supplies:  items that are used in crafting, art supplies, etc.

You cannot sell Starbucks coffee as handmade.  New 2024 Starbucks and Stanley tumblers are not handmade by you.  Etc, etc..  That is considered reselling, and is not allowed on Etsy.  Mentioning this because a buyer can file a NAD case against you, and Etsy will refund out of your pocket, and the buyer gets to keep the item.  Too many (or even one or two?), and Etsy will shut your shop down, refund anyone who files a claim, and keep your earnings for six months until all claims are resolved.  Your items might be better sold on Ebay or Amazon, where reselling is allowed. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

To clarify further, it's not simply because your tumblers are not handmade, it's that Starbucks is a registered trademark and their name and/or logo cannot be used by anyone without a license from Starbucks.  Just because others here are also selling infringing merchandise does not make it OK, or mean you will not get into trouble if/when Starbucks decides to do a sweep.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.