DorsetChilliFarm
Inspiration Seeker

I can't message my buyers

Jump to solution

When I try to reply to my buyers I get an error message:

"Bummer, your messages have been temporarily disabled. Please <a href="/help/contact">contact support</a> to have them reactivated. Also, see the <a href="https://www.etsy.com/help/article/71" title="FAQ">FAQ</a> and <a href='/help/article/4531'>Community Guidelines</a> for more info about Messages."

I haven't violated any community guidelines so not sure why this was applied in the first place. I have contacted support three times now and have yet to had messages reinstated. The first ticket has been ignored, the second was closed without any resolution information and the issue remains, the third I am still waiting for a response on... 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: I can't message my buyers

Jump to solution

@DorsetChilliFarm  wrote "I can't reply to a customer with an item damaged in transit to see how to make good their order. "

Contact that customer by email. 

View solution in original post

1 Like
15 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Looks like you sent too many messages in a short period of time. When you do that, Etsy thinks you are spamming.

2 Likes
DorsetChilliFarm
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks, It's bit of a strange detection method they have then. I have literally only sent messages to buyers thanking them for their order and confirming that it's on it way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not helpful either as I can't reply to a customer with an item damaged in transit to see how to make good their order.

Just ludicrous how you can be cut off without warning.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If you've been muted, it usually lasts for about a week or so

1 Like
DorsetChilliFarm
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks, anyway to have Etsy investigate and remove the mute early if its been applied erroneously?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DorsetChilliFarm - If or when you receive a response to your 3rd help ticket, look at that one carefully. There should be a 'link' where you can initiate a response the your issue "Is not resolved". Continuing to open help tickets just starts the cycle all over again.

At times a bot can confuse your responses to potential buyers who have contacted you with true spam - where a shop owner is sending out messages or emails to anyone & everyone trying to drum up business. 

2 Likes
DorsetChilliFarm
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
The only response / link in the ticket I got is "This request is complete. If you need further help, create a new request." which is what I did
0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DorsetChilliFarm  wrote "I can't reply to a customer with an item damaged in transit to see how to make good their order. "

Contact that customer by email. 

1 Like
DorsetChilliFarm
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Ah perfect thanks didn't realise this was an option. Found their email after some digging on the order screen.

1 Like
TheCheetahShack
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

How did you ever get them to resolve it? I have been trying for over 2 weeks with nothing… my customer needs help and this reflects so badly on my store! 

0 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

Betreff: I can't message my buyers

Jump to solution

You can try to contact that one buyer with the damage in transit issue through their email since this is important. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

There isn't any real need to send buyers a message thanking them for their order since you can set up the automatic response after a buyer purchases.  Also, marking your orders complete sends another notification to buyers so your messages are not needed.    

If you haven't already set up the auto response for buyers go to Dashboard - Settings - Info & Appearance - Scroll down to Message to Buyers - Scroll down to Save. 

You can say thanks for your order, typical shipping and delivery times and anything else you'd like to say to the buyer.   So if you fill that in now, all future orders are covered. 

As for the message you are trying to reply to, write to the buyer's email address instead.  This can be found by clicking on the small grey down arrow next to their name on the order page. 

2 Likes
DorsetChilliFarm
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks, I guess I'll have to set that up then to avoid this happening again.

Shame as Etsy's tagline is literally "Keep Commerce Human" seems quite the opposite.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DorsetChilliFarm Don't believe everything you read or hear!! This is the Etsyverse unlike any other planet you have visited haha!

1 Like
OwlAlwaysKnit
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@TheCheetahShack  it may be better to start your own post to get help with your issue as the Mods usually close old posts and your post will not get a response.

0 Likes
TheCheetahShack
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Ok thank you!! I will do that!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.