LMPhotoProps
Inspiration Seeker

Digital Files

Jump to solution

We are not getting star seller badge for late delivery/no tracking           our shop is purely digital files - most are instant download which go to the customer as their order comes through and the custom orders are given delivery time - usually of 1-3 days but sometimes more - we always send the file within the period we have quoted.    Do not understand why we are not getting the star seller        any advice

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Digital Files

Jump to solution

For custom digital files you need to create a made to order digital file. 

I sell only digital and have all of the stars for star seller. 

From etsy star seller info: When it comes to qualifying for Star Seller, digital orders will not require tracking information or postage labels purchased on Etsy. Because of this, shops who list their items as “digital” instead of “physical” will still be eligible for a Star Seller badge since on-time dispatch & tracking will be reviewed on sales of physical items only. If you make a made-to-order digital item that is currently listed as “physical”, make sure to update the category so that you can be exempt from dispatch stats. Follow these step-by-step instructions to update your listing’s category.

I am seeing you have none of the stars for the star seller badge. Are you selling enough to qualify? 

• Message response rate: 95%+ of first messages in a thread are responded to within 24 hours. This stat is only considered if you receive new messages during the review period.
  • On-time dispatch & tracking: 95%+ of orders dispatch on time with tracking or with a postage label purchased on Etsy
  • Ratings average: Your average rating is 4.8 or higher.
  • You must also meet a minimum of 5 orders and 300 USD in sales during the 3-month review period, and you must have been on Etsy’s platform for 90 days since your first sale.

View solution in original post

3 Likes
5 Replies

Jump to solution

@LMPhotoProps I may be wrong, but my understanding of the Star Seller is that you can obtain the badge providing you have met the criteria for all the other 3 badges (response rate, dispatch/delivery/tracking, etc).

When I was reading through the FAQ, it said that digital files do not count toward tracking or shipping because of the nature of them being instantly available - so perhaps if you only sell digital files only, there won't be any record of tracked shipping info about your shop, thus there's one badge out of the three that hasn't been obtained and maybe that could influence the Star Seller?

I may be wrong though, but that's how I interpret it! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

For custom digital files you need to create a made to order digital file. 

I sell only digital and have all of the stars for star seller. 

From etsy star seller info: When it comes to qualifying for Star Seller, digital orders will not require tracking information or postage labels purchased on Etsy. Because of this, shops who list their items as “digital” instead of “physical” will still be eligible for a Star Seller badge since on-time dispatch & tracking will be reviewed on sales of physical items only. If you make a made-to-order digital item that is currently listed as “physical”, make sure to update the category so that you can be exempt from dispatch stats. Follow these step-by-step instructions to update your listing’s category.

I am seeing you have none of the stars for the star seller badge. Are you selling enough to qualify? 

• Message response rate: 95%+ of first messages in a thread are responded to within 24 hours. This stat is only considered if you receive new messages during the review period.
  • On-time dispatch & tracking: 95%+ of orders dispatch on time with tracking or with a postage label purchased on Etsy
  • Ratings average: Your average rating is 4.8 or higher.
  • You must also meet a minimum of 5 orders and 300 USD in sales during the 3-month review period, and you must have been on Etsy’s platform for 90 days since your first sale.
3 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

You say 'most are instant download'. It will be those which are not instant download which are affecting your score. You can download your star seller metrics and see which orders are not qualifying for star seller.

1 Like

Jump to solution

the custom orders are given delivery time - usually of 1-3 days but sometimes more - we always send the file within the period we have quoted.

Custom orders setup through messages are only ever "physical" listings. As such, they are required to have tracking.

As above, you need to use Made to Order digital listings instead.

1 Like
cellaron
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

thank for your information

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.