decotini
Crafty Poster

Customer claims that she can read emails from another customer when she sends me a message.

Jump to solution

EDITED:
Thank you all for the quick replies and help with this favor.  I am no longer asking for messages, as it is apparent that this is not something anyone else is seeing. THANK YOU - - MUCH APPRECIATED.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is a weird situation.
Tonight a person contacted me to put an item on hold, that's fine.
Then, a few minutes later she wrote me that she can read a bunch of messages from an irate customer stating that their order wasn't received. She said the date on the messages was April 2021. She also gave me the person's name. I looked through my orders and didn't find the name, nor did I recall the situation she described from the messages.
Apparently she is seeing this when she uses the "CONTACT" link under my profile photo.
I logged out and tried to replicate what she is seeing, but I cannot

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TinyHomeGoods
Conversation Maker

Re: Customer claims that she can read emails from another customer when she sends me a message.

Jump to solution

I sent you a convo via "contact" and didn't see anything...

View solution in original post

1 Like
16 Replies
TinyHomeGoods
Conversation Maker

Re: Customer claims that she can read emails from another customer when she sends me a message.

Jump to solution

I sent you a convo via "contact" and didn't see anything...

1 Like
decotini
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

THANK YOU! Much appreciate.

0 Likes
GrandIslandRoots
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I didn't send, but I also prepped a msg inboth the browser and the app, and infacebook. This just sounds nutty.

1 Like
LandKbeads
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This type of problem can rarely be reproduced and when I clicked the Contact link under your shop profile I simply got a pop-up box that I could input my message to you. It's pretty plain and there's no other person's messages in this box.

If you are so inclined, and she has the ability to do this, perhaps she can do a screen shot and send it to you to show you what she means. You can post a link of that image here and I can look at it.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

This request sounds like an introduction to a scam, such as taking a sale off Etsy or asking to use email. I would send any non-order messages to spam.

4 Likes
decotini
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

That crossed my mind. Thank you.

1 Like
MoosehornManor
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I sent a message. No other messages showed up.

1 Like
GrandIslandRoots
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I would ask her to fwd it if you can. Or screenshot so you could let etsy no.

1 Like
decotini
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

She didn't know how to take a screen shot.

0 Likes
decotini
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

THANK YOU!
I am pretty sure it's nothing on my end. I am still so confused by this situation.
I appreciate the help!

0 Likes
ElvenstarDesign
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

It does sound odd, maybe a scam intro but there was another forum post today about someone seeing purchases in their store from someone else here:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Purchases-showing-up-in-my-account-that-I-didn-t-orde...

The site is also slow and glitchy for a lot of us this week. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

My best guess is that at one time SHE was the irate customer and started writing a message that she never sent (maybe to you, maybe to another seller?)and the message box was still populated. 

6 Likes

Jump to solution

@AnchorRoadVintage.  That is exactly what I was going to comment.  I think so, too.  

1 Like
Jewels2at
Community Maker

Jump to solution

This reminds me of the old days...in the 70's and 80's when you would be talking on a land line phone call and could hear another whole conversation at the same time.

Which is a miracle, since I am only 35.

4 Likes
swatchoclock
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I was working for <insert name of largest B&B company in the world here> Customer Service some moons ago and remember a bug that popped up, which was resolved VERY quickly which allowed for some customers to, briefly and only snippets, see communication between others users. This was the fastest I ever saw them responding to and resolving a bug, but yes, it was a bug so it does happen... It's not impossible.

0 Likes
C20Ceramics
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

To me it sounds like the"suggested phrases" that pop up when you start a message which can end up very easily looking like they are in a new message. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.