Contacting Etsy

Jump to solution

Does anyone know how to actually get hold of Etsy?  Every single help article goes in a loop of contacting them by email.  This takes days to answer and the response is always completely wrong, cut and paste or asking if I still need help when they haven't given any, which then take another few days etc.  With the major glitch today, I cannot find a route for chat or a number - I am sure they used to have both.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Contacting Etsy

Jump to solution

When you are using the Contact Support links, answer a few questions, then scroll down and look for "I still need help" - that should at least get you the email option.  Those with the Star Seller badge should have a chat option on your dashboard - but only during "bankers' hours".

If you are trying to contact Etsy about the current payment account glitch - I'm sure they are aware of it and working on it.

View solution in original post

1 Like
24 Replies
MitzisBazaar
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks, I have the same problem.  Does anyone know how to contact Etsy support?  The contact button is sending me round in circles to FAQs.  Is there an email address or phone number service to Etsy?

4 Likes
rarefinds4u
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I once found a phone number for support on the web but last time I went to use it they shut it down.  Etsy is VERY difficult to reach, basically little to no customer service, it is really no way to run a business.  I have reached them by going round and round a few times via email and requesting a call.  If it is a question that other sellers may be able to answer for you I would post it on the forum.  For general questions I have found that this works best.

Good luck to you 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

FYI there are fake numbers listed in Google that will connect you to scammers who will want your financial information.  They can't help you, but people are so desperate for help they might get sucked in.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

When you are using the Contact Support links, answer a few questions, then scroll down and look for "I still need help" - that should at least get you the email option.  Those with the Star Seller badge should have a chat option on your dashboard - but only during "bankers' hours".

If you are trying to contact Etsy about the current payment account glitch - I'm sure they are aware of it and working on it.

1 Like

Jump to solution

All that gets you is more pasted "help content" from the website. I have been trying to reach someone since Sunday.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@KilianCellarDoor 

Refresh your screen, it's fixed

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am experiencing the same problem with reaching Etsy support. It's been two weeks that Etsy has been having a technical issue with uploading bank details page, they confirmed it. But the problem is still not solved, my funds are just accumulating. It feels that they don't even read my emails and just reply with the copy-paste solutions, repeating what their FAQ says, over and over again. And when I specify what my problem is they stop responding. When Etsy increased their prices, one of the promise was to use the money to improve the help center, instead we are at the point that there is no help at all.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@ArtmishkaCrossStitch 

this post is about todays bug affecting large numbers of people, which has been fixed

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The common advice is don't open a new support ticket because it'll just take longer, but I think it it can be worth opening a new one sometimes. I had an issue, where the person just kept brushing me off. I opened an anew ticket, and presumably got a different support person, who handled it within 2 messages.

1 Like
lalarossa
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

You are a star seller. For you there is an option to chat directly with a live person. In the shop manager in the lower right corner you will find an envelope-shaped icon. Watch carefully because it is small and only appears during business hours on the east coast of the USA. By clicking on this icon you will start live chat and you will receive a response within a few seconds. I have already used this option twice. She is very helpful.

2 Likes
ColibriCharms
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Different options in the Help Center give you different contact methods, so to be sure you see everything, choose “Sellling” and then go to Manage my orders > Cancel or refund > and scroll down until you get to “I still need help.” That should give you your contact options.

It doesn’t matter that you don’t need to refund; the staffer doesn’t know/care what topics you chose.

Not everyone has chat or callback, but if you do you’ll find them there.

0 Likes
MitzisBazaar
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  I have tried a few of them, some work, some don't I'm afraid.  For example, under the Contact us link, it doesn't really take you anywhere.  It would be helpful to have a straightforward chat/email link if you've tried all the FAQs etc.  

1 Like

Jump to solution
2 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

For call backs on the weekdays you should be able to go through Shop Manager>Community & Help>Contact Us>Selling on Etsy>(select appropriate drop down)> I Still Need Help>... Call backs are 7a.m. to 9pm eastern time in English.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The time of day that you try to reach them makes a difference.  Over the last few weeks, I've been able to contact Etsy support easily.  Sometimes, the options that have popped up are to chat online or email, OR if I've been particularly lucky, the option to get a call back (within the next minute when I tried it today) or email.  Which of these options you get depends on the time of day you try to reach them but may also relate to being a star seller.  As a couple of other sellers have mentioned above, try calling between 7:00 am and 9:00 pm EST so you can get the call back option since it's so much easier to get the help you need with that option.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have not been able to find any chat or call back options! I am going out of my mind. I have a package that I thought I was sending to a customer with samples she needs for a deadline. I put Etsy's Brooklyn address on it by mistake (I was rushing to catch a plane). They received it and I can't reach anyone to get the package forwarded. These are one of a kind fabrics that took me a week to produce. All I need is someone from the Brookly office to contact me and let me send them a label to get the package (actually a large pink envelope) sent to my customer

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@ElementalHuesFabrics  - Etsy support is not located at the Etsy HQ in Brooklyn. They are contractors hired by Etsy and located in various places.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

But my package is there. I have done everything to reach someone there. If I were at home in Lancaster PA, I would make the 3 hour trip there, that's how desperate I am right now. But I am snowed in on the west coast.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This is what I would try if I was really desperate. Go to Announcements here in Forums. Send a message (Contact) to a couple of the Etsy employees who have test shops. And then pray that they will see the message and help you out. Good luck!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Their actual office is at 177 Adams Street, Brooklyn, NY. We should flood the office with mail. They are a 2.6 BILLION company, they can afford to pay real people. Josh Silverman (CEO) My brother finally went over to the office to straighten out my situation. 

1 Like
ArtemisGlassUK
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Same here, it's impossible to contact support.

I'm returning to Etsy after a couple of years break and just setting up a studio again, so I need to reformat some of the account description.

I've just spent half an hour or so going round in endless loops. Which makes me wonder about the viability of wasting my time if I ever have to contact them with something urgent?! Such as a payment or bank query.

My grandaughter was telling me about TikTok, it seems to be a viable option right now!!!

Seems to me that Etsy has gotten rich already and left their workers in the lurch...!

Stay busy 

0 Likes
TheHandsomeHippo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
0 Likes

Jump to solution

I finally called the corporate offices that are in Brooklyn. You really have to dig on the web (not the Etsy site) to find the phone number or call 411. I can't remember what I did.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.