Returned deposit today? After several years with the same bank? And my credit card on file is not expired or anything. NOW WHAT Etsy? Anyone else having this problem?

Re: Anyone else getting a deposit returned to Etsy today?

Jump to solution

I've now received 2 disbursement emails from Etsy. The first was about 4 hours ago and the second was about an hour ago. My bank account isn't showing anything from Etsy today (but I'm not in the habit of checking my bank account to be sure my Etsy deposit is there, so this may be normal). I always get a text from my bank when anything over $1 happens to my account ... and the text notifying me of the Etsy deposit is usually early the next day. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes

Jump to solution

Just got an email saying my funds are being REdeposited.  Like others, it's the lower amount, with FEES taken out from today's sales, but not the earnings from those sales. lol.   Ya gotta laugh, right? 

6 Likes

Jump to solution

@audreytherese 

I'm aware of how the accounting works, being here since its inception. But, what I also know is, when I go to sleep every Sunday night, the amount that's displayed on my Payment Account to be deposited the next day is exactly what is deposited the next day, whether I wake up to new sales or not. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

It's not that way for me. 

If I make a sale Monday morning before the deposit is sent to my bank, the fees reduce my available balance from what it showed when I went to sleep Sunday night. 

Maybe your shop is special, maybe for being here since the site's inception or something, but any time I make a sale it reduces my available balance immediately, even on deposit day. 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

same

1 Like
GoedeHusVintage
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

same here

0 Likes
IslanderOutlook
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

same here

1 Like
signsdecornmore
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yep...same here! I'm hoping they get this figured out. I had a pretty busy weekend and need this money! They re-deposited my funds again...hoping this one goes through without a problem!

Thanks for starting this thread! While I'm not happy to see that it's happening to other shops. It's reassuring that I'm not the only one! 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

My money was sent to bank, then returned to me, then sent to bank again.  Balance was still zero, so not a problem I guess.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Mine was deposited, returned and supposedly deposited again. But the bank shows none of this activity. If it was redeposited, it's still not there. There were no in between transactions, and I've not received any emails about it

2 Likes

Jump to solution

same here... completely confused with my "financials"

1 Like

Jump to solution

I've now had 2 more emails saying Etsy deposited money, and no new "returned deposits" in the finances page. So maybe they fixed it but I don't know why the 2 emails saying the same thing.  

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@audreytherese

That is strange. Who knows!?   Do you maybe get daily deposits?  I get weekly only.  I don't know if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Jump to solution

No, I get weekly deposits. 

For me it's pretty simple. 

Fees are taken out as soon as the sale is made. Funds from the sale become available that day at midnight. 

I've never seen the available funds stay the same after a sale is made, it doesn't matter when the sale is made (which includes the morning of deposit day). The available balance is always reduced immediately (for the fees), then increases again after midnight when they're released. 

My deposit normally gets sent to my bank around mid-day on Mondays. So if I get a sale first thing on a Monday morning before that happens, then my deposit is always reduced by whatever the fees are on that order. Even if an order comes in just minutes before the deposit is transferred, the deposit amount is reduced before the deposit is made. The available balance is fluid, not static, right up to the minute of the deposit transfer. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I get weekly too. Anyway, so far no new taking back the deposit showing in finances, so that's good. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yeah 3 bounced deposits in 3 shops. And one the secondary deposit was less than the first . I did have sales but not sure why the fees came out of what should have already been deposited? As long as they don't double ding those fees I guess it all evens out..but WTH?

2 Likes
JBPacrat
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

same here

0 Likes

Jump to solution

My initial deposit was returned also. A second deposit was sent to my bank shortly thereafter….however, the amount of second deposit didn’t match the first!!! My second deposit is $35 LESS! What the heck, Etsy?

1 Like

Jump to solution

Same!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Same with me. Second deposit $10.09 less than first.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PattieJansen - Did you have any sales between the 1st "deposit" and the 2nd one? If so, would the fees for those sales be equal to the difference between the deposits?

Reading just above here, it sounds like fees are deducted immediately, but funds for the actual sale (the selling price) aren't released until the following midnight ... this is if I understood the previous comment correctly. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Mine was ok (Dutch bank) is it only affecting US sellers?

1 Like

Jump to solution

Mine finally was sent to bank account, like 2 hours ago. Keeping fingers crossed  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just got my 3rd deposit for today. So something going on. Several years ago there was another Etsy financial debacle, I opened a separate account that is just for Etsy deposits, and made sure that I have a credit card on file that is ONLY for Etsy fees, nothing else.

Tho I now get deposits to that account from 2 other venues, I do not use it for anything other than deposits, and I empty it regularly into my "pay my bills" checking account.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Wasn't there a big mess in March of 2023 when SVB melted down? There have been other financial messes, with the biggest one I can recall being a nearly month-long problem with payment processing (July of I don't know what year, about 2017 or so, I think). 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.