Returned deposit today? After several years with the same bank? And my credit card on file is not expired or anything. NOW WHAT Etsy? Anyone else having this problem?

Re: Anyone else getting a deposit returned to Etsy today?

Jump to solution

That's what happened with my deposits as well. The second one was the original amount minus today's fees.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

They shortened it? Meaning they are making 2 deposits instead of 1 only?

0 Likes
Howddode
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Got an email of the deposit this morning, then another with a lower amount being deposited.  When I checked the finance page, it says it was returned, but this time it was $6.86 less. Which I don't get.  I chatted with Etsy, and of course they don't give me any additional info except to check back in 24 hours to see if the second one went through, but no reason for the lower amount.  Last night I checked right before midnight to see what would be deposited, and it was the higher number.  I'd like to know why they took money out.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@Howddode 
Did you add up the fees that were charged today? That's the difference in the two deposits for me.

1 Like
Howddode
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yes, I just check and added to the correct amount.  So now I have to make sure they don't double dip that amount again next Monday.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Mine was the same amount.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Those with different amounts likely had some sales in between when the first deposit attempt was made and the second one. If you didn't have any sales, or buy any shipping labels, or list any new products (or renew), then your amounts should have stayed the same. 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

They didn't add on any money for sales made between the two deposits. But they did subtract the fees collected on those sales.

Not a big deal, just typical.

4 Likes
BowlandBeaters
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Glad it's not just me seeing this issue. Oh, Etsy....

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Glad it's not just me! The next "recent activity" right above shows sent to bank account though...

1 Like

Jump to solution

yeah me too, two stores both got returned deposits. i freaked a bit thinking my account was messed up or whatever else, worst case scenerio

so its some comfort if its just a temporary glitch that will be hopefully sorted.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Mine was sent this morning - deposited - then returned - just sent again.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I think we all will have to wait while they take their time returning our deposits.  Mine has not yet been re-deposited. Like some others, I had a couple sales, so the fees were removed from the amount I am due today. I just want Etsy to communicate with us when stuff goes down like this. sigh.

4 Likes
ILOOTPAPERIE
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This happened to us too! - But we're confused why when they sent through the amount again just now - it is now $21 ish than what the previous amount sent before...  

And agreed! - it would be nice for them to explain to us so we don't have to try to figure it out ourselves. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

i suppose we will chalk it up to mercury retrograde.

this particular mercury retrograde has been kicking my butt! had another big mix up where i used the wrong checkbook with  old routing number (my bank changed their routing number last year which was majorly inconvenient) anywho that sucked! bounced a big check and felt stupid!

and a few other merc retro effects. i've noticed that etsy has a hard time with mercury retrograde too...it would make sense for etsy to be a mercury led company...in a way.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

This is total BS that fees from today are being deducted from my Payment Account that is sitting in limbo waiting to be deposited. 

2 Likes
MonkeyDoQuilts
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yup, same here, amount deposited and returned was under $10 and should have been a lot more.  Nothing went in or out of my bank account that I can see. I have had same bank account and Etsy shop for almost 8 years and have made zero changes.  Hopefully it's just a glitch! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, me too.  I was just wondering why myself and thought I would check here first.  It has never happened to me before.

1 Like

Jump to solution

We are owed an accounting explanation for why emails were sent with one amount and the actual amount to deposit is now lower. I want to understand the error they made.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@CompanyTwentySix 

In my case--and in others I am betting--some sort of transaction was made between deposits. IN my case I printed 2 labels and just happened to hit after the money was returned and before it was redeposited.

Check your finance page for a breakdown of transactions and you will undoubtably see this to be the case. Something transpired during that interval.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@CompanyTwentySix  Your accounting explanation is found in detail on your dashboard, Finances, towards the bottom under Recent Activities.  

Anything that happened in between the first deposit attempt and the second deposit attempt would lower the available balance. Even if you made sales, because that's how it always works. Fees are taken out immediately, while funds don't move to the available until midnight. So any sales you made while this was happening would have the fees removed from the deposit, but the sales amount would not be available yet. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I had no sales and no activity between the first email notification with an amount that was sent for the deposit and then the return of the deposit, with the deposit now showing $40something lower.

Others are reporting the same. So it seems like deposits were clawed back by Etsy to fix something. Unless we are told something different.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hmmm.... interesting. 

What does it show in your activities breakdown? I would personally go back over all transactions from the past week and make sure everything lines up. They can't just take $40 and act like it was never there, unless your original deposit was incorrect, showing more than the running total in your itemized detail? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

thanks for bringing attention to this; i checked and noticed my weekly deposit got skipped today and instead was showing as scheduled for next week monday 🤨 

2 Likes
Howddode
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

wonder how much interest they are getting from keeping our deposits for an extra day

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.