Soulthena
Inspiration Seeker

An order cannot be displayed in our personal account

Jump to solution

Hi there, hope everything is doing great!

Our shop received a message from Etsy support like that. " Неllo, Dear Seller. Welcome to Etsy technical support! Your item has been paid for by the buyer but an error occurred as a result of the order processing and the order cannot be displayed in your personal account, please enter your е- МаIL in this chat to receive a customized form to confirm the sale of your item. Thank you!"

However, we find it confusing that they are asking us to confirm the sale via email when they already have access to our Shop Inbox. Additionally, they are requesting us to top up 200 Euros to clarify our bank account, we have clarified once before.

If anyone has experienced a similar situation, could you please share your case with us?"

Thank all,

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: An order cannot be displayed in our personal account

Jump to solution

It's a scam, one that's been affecting too many sellers lately.  Do not answer, put it in spam, definitely do not send any money or click on any links that the scammer may send you.

Solved: How to Spot a Scam - No a Buyer Doesn't Need Your ... - Welcome to the Etsy Community

View solution in original post

20 Likes
19 Replies

Jump to solution

It's a scam, one that's been affecting too many sellers lately.  Do not answer, put it in spam, definitely do not send any money or click on any links that the scammer may send you.

Solved: How to Spot a Scam - No a Buyer Doesn't Need Your ... - Welcome to the Etsy Community

20 Likes
Soulthena
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Oh my god.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you very much. I was worried about getting a bad review. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Definitely is a scam. 

3 Likes
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

It's a total scam to get your email address, so then they can send you a phishing email so you then log in to a "fake" Etsy website and they obtain your Etsy account login details, and take over your account. Send the message to spam, but also report it to Etsy so they can take action or maybe @ModFabio   might be able to help with this one.

@bradgoodell  has a long list of scams to avoid.

4 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

SCAM. 

Online scams are running rampant right now.  I’ve put clues to the latest scam on top.  This list also contains clues to other common online scams.  Hopefully it will help you and other sellers.  Once you hit more than 2 red flags, shut down the conversation.  

1. New seller
  2. High dollar item or large sale amount
  3. Odd or awkward-sounding language
  4. They want to take the conversation off Etsy (they ask for your email)
  5. Someone messages you and claims you may have been a victim of fraud, and requests your email address to "resolve the issue"
  6. You get a (FAKE) message from Etsy Support telling you that they are having technical issues and asking if you've received notification of an order in the last few minutes.  
  7. You get a (FAKE) Live Chat message.  
  8. You get a phone call from someone claiming to be Etsy.  Etsy doesn’t cold-call sellers.
  9. “Etsy Support” claims they want to contact you by text/SMS.  Etsy doesn’t text, they use Etsy messages and/or email.
  10. Anyone claiming to be from Etsy who asks for your phone number or login information is a scam. 
  11. You get an email requesting you "complete" the order as its currently on hold and asks you for your debit card information.
  12. You get an email from (FAKE) Etsy saying Etsy is changing payment methods and will send money directly to your credit or debit card. Etsy has not changed their payment method.
  13. You go back to their account, and it's gone
  14. The original message has disappeared off Etsy, or has moved itself to your Spam folder.
  15. They send you a link of some sort.  DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK
  16. They claim they cannot check-out and need your email to complete the order.
  17. They claim your Etsy checkout isn't working, and they send you a link to "fix it” 
  18. You get an email from (FAKE) Etsy saying you need to do X to get your account verified.  
  19. You get a (FAKE) email from Etsy claim you need to buy a high dollar pre-paid Visa or American Express card to get your Etsy account working
  20.  They send you a link to a (FAKE) Etsy page that looks genuine and asks for your login and/or credit card details.
  21. You find a (FAKE) Etsy phone number off the net and talk to a sympathetic customer service rep that wants you to download an app so they can access your account to fix something.  Etsy does not have a published phone number you can call.  It's a scam, the number is not Etsy's.
  22. They want to take the sale off Etsy
  23. They ask if something is "still available" when it's obviously for sale in your shop
  24. They ask about the condition of an obviously new item
  25. They ask if you are honest
  26. There is some urgency, such as a birthday or anniversary
  27. They claim they are in the Navy, an oceanographer, on a cruise ship, on a research vessel in Antartica
  28. They ask you to buy a high dollar gift card and include it in the order
  29. They will pay you extra for the inconvenience
  30. They claim to have their own shipping company or pick-up agent
  31. They claim an uncle is paying
  32. They want to pay by money order or Cashier's check
  33. They send you payment for far more than the order total
  34. They want you to send the overage through Western Union, Venmo, etc.
  35. They send you a (fake) PayPal email that says PayPal will release the payment after you send them the overage.
11 Likes
Soulthena
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you so so so much. That's speechless..... fortunately because my bank account just opened and there is no money in the account. I was also wondering why I have to topped up 200 Euros for Etsy to verify, when I have already verified it before. That time they transferred 0.2$ to my bank account to confirm. That's why I feel I shouldn't continue and try to reflect to Etsy support. And I just read the instructions and changed all my Etsy password, email, bank account 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

This is the first I've heard this email scam message from someone posing as "Etsy Support".  What will it take for the REAL Etsy to put out a message warning against this recent, and apparently developing scam?

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@Soulthena   Yes, it's happened to others, some have lost money by thinking they were following Etsy instructions -

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/fraud-from-a-customer/td-p/142661594

2 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

The Etsy Support is usually the 2nd message.  First one is "buyer" asking for email, then the 2nd is "Etsy Support" saying an order has been placed and the seller needs to do X to confirm the sale, get paid, fix an issue with their shop, etc.  There are a few variants of the scam.  

4 Likes
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

Jump to solution

etsy will NOT call you DEAR.  Don't know if that is on bradgoodell's list but it is an instant dead giveaway that the message is not from etsy.

4 Likes
Soulthena
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Because of the scam, I have learned about the Etsy Community. You guys are so nice and supportive. ^_^ I will be careful when selling on Etsy, and if I have any confusion, I hope you guys can help me.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

The screenshot of the fake page I saw said Rules (something) on the top instead of Help Center and Etsy would not have Help Center link up top anyways. 

1 Like
RoxanaParkerArt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I've just had the same. As per usual it's almost impossible to contact people at Etsy Support- so I had to Google the issue and found this thread! The control over this spam getting through is terrible. ETSY please up your game to make this a vaguely viable platform. I am on the brink of totally giving up! 🥺🥴

3 Likes
Kiylaasgoodies
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hi yes I did and it really confused me as I’m new to Etsy 

1 Like
RoxanaParkerArt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm afraid Etsy doesn't protect sellers from scammers- just like Instagram. Just learn quick! I have had many messages with the supposedly Etsy logo- but if you look carefully and compare they are often off somehow. They claim they are Etsy and ask for your email to be sent back to them in the chat. Don't! But it is confusing as Etsy have said they will be contacting sellers to confirm their identity in the coming months, and that if not replied to the account may be suspended. This is just the seed of fear and doubt the scammers are using. It is so hard without any apparent concern or help from Etsy staff. I am seriously considering coming off this platform as I haven't sold anything in over a year. I have sold over 1300 items on my Ebay account. I thought Etsy would be better for art but apparently not especially in the UK. Ok rant over! The only thing deterring me from leaving is the thought of resisting over 50 items again elsewhere!!!!🥺🥴

1 Like

Jump to solution

OP, this is a scam. Etsy would never state "dear seller" and the information requested is already available in Etsy's files. Do not open any links or you could be harmed financially.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I have the same problem and cannot fulfill the order!  Please help.

1 Like

Jump to solution

The order shows up in the Etsy store, but there is no way to fulfill the printing order.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.