I refreshed my listings page a moment ago and all my listings are saying they require an update. I have checked and this is something to do with the delivery profiles but when I try to update these I get a message saying this has been an error please contact Etsy support 

Im not sure how this has happened as I have made no changes to my listing / Delivery profiles recently and this only happened a few seconds ago 

Just want to know if this is happening to anyone else and/or if this is an issue currently.

Re: All listings Showing update required

Jump to solution

One of my bestsellers has expired. I can't renew it now because of this.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

The timescales being listed in the UK are in direct alignment with the labels we can buy from Etsy - I don't choose to do this, all my sales channels are integrated through my online mail account. I ship express with FedEx Priority to the USA and this has a 2-4 day timescale. The fastest offering is now exactly the same as standard delivery, this is going to lead to disappointed US customers when the Royal Mail time scale of 3-7 days (which is completely wrong to begin with) is the same as the expensive upgrade I'm advising the customer to take.

The entire point of choosing 'other' was because the existing options just did not cover the service I was offering. 

No warning about this, no time to get systems changed ahead of a switch over just faced with 300+ listings that have the correct information applied though Etsy have now decided in their wisdom to downgrade the customer experience.

Beyond frustrating.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

DEAR ALL

Let's hope this is a glitch , but it isn't looking likely, If you go into your drop down options you will see that Etsy have deleted the OTHER option.

This will create a HUGE problem for UK shops ( I'm sure it will create issues for other countries too )

Many UK shops use this OTHER option because the drop down options we have are so out of date they don't reflect the delivery options we have to purchase in the UK . The options we have are either for services we cant or are not viable to buy and all the timeframes offered are too short.

The reason this is such a problem is that these timeframes NOW form part of the Purchase-Protection-for-Sellers .

The way I interpret PPS, is that Etsy now hold sellers to the delivery timeframes shown on the listing. This means that if the item doesn't arrive by the last date shown on the order, the buyer can request a straight refund. We will end up paying for this ( as Etsy PPS states they will pay for one only. ( I think in a year ) of these .

Either the delivery drop down info needs to be updated to reflect postage options and timeframes available or OTHER needs to be reinstated. Without, the RISK to UK businesses will be too great and Etsy as a platform ultimately will loose a large proportion of UK business ( which by the way is Etsy second largest marketplace , behind the US ) 

6 Likes

Jump to solution

To add insult to injury Etsy treats posting from UK to Isle of Man or the Channel Isles as 'International' . While it's true that posting to the Channel Isles requires a customs declaration, Royal Mail postage to these destinations is domestic. Now with no 'Other' option available it's impossible to select an appropriate delivery service.

2 Likes
MyOrganisedHome
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@KittyKnitsDesigns

And Etsy doesn’t account for Shetland being domestic but with a sea crossing.

3 days for delivery from Penzance to Lerwick in the depths of a stormy winter? Nope, not going to happen.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

This really looks to be causing numerous issues across all Etsy regions.

The US issue seems to be linked to the drop printing system offered by Etsy over there.

The UK issue is that Etsy now sells (and makes money from) Royal Mail and Evri (quite possibly the worst option ever) labels so they want to integrate into their system.

Etsy labels are much lower quality than direct the barcodes are often unreadable and the postage price is displayed (all issues resolved by printing direct from Royal Mail Click and Drop)

There are far more options for shipping companies than just these two and many more reliable.

This really feels like a frustrating downgrade on a Friday morning creating a headache nobody needs right before the busy weekend.

As we now enter Q4 and sales are more important than ever it seems very strange that Etsy would make such a negative move that will impact so many so quickly.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@VINTAGEbytheMAGPIE

Hear!  Hear!  Huge problem, especially for overseas sales.

0 Likes
EnglishArtifex
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I went through consultations on Etsy and then on Printify, and my problem is resolved.

If you have a shop connected to Printify, you need to go your print provider on Printify and find their shipping providers. After that you have to change your shipping profiles on Etsy, so they don't have the "Other" provider, but the provider given to you by the printer.

https://printify.com/shipping-rates/

I sell posters and Sensaria prints them. I went to their profile and found this: "Domestic: UPS Surepost, UPS Ground, UPS Mail Innovations
International: UPS Mail Innovations International". So, on Etsy, I changed my shipping profiles to "UPS Ground" for USA and "UPS International Standard" for Canada and other countries.

And my shop went back to normal.

2 Likes

Jump to solution
UPDATE REQUIRED'. Etsy requires action on postage settings. Suggested fix is change from 'OTHER' to USPS.

But..

All my shipping is done by Printify who fulfil my orders so I HAVE NO CONTROL over what postage rate PRINTIFY specify within their fulfilmnet system.

Therefore..

I should not change the ETSY side of postage options.

So UPDATE REQUIRED is not poissible to complete.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I recreated (not duplicated) the delivery profile and set everything to it and it is now ok. I have had this before a few months ago.

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@TheSewingCroft I have almost 200 countries per delivery profile, whether I have to update or recreate all profiles from scratch, it will be tedious and time consuming.

1 Like
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I just had a look, when you update the first country, it will ask you if you want to "Apply to all locations missing this info?"... Once you've confirmed yes, it automatically applies/updates the whole list. That helps. 

International Standard shows 3-7 days but we know it usually takes 10-14 days so this will be an issue. 

2 Likes
DiamondGirlStuff
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

YES! I don't know what to do!

0 Likes
TheInkyDeer
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Really hoping this is another glitch, makes no sense to force sellers to choose a delivery time that is significantly inaccurate. Royal Mail has NEVER delivered International standard in 3-7 days! Not only would this result in tons of complaints for our individual shops but it would really make Etsy look terrible by misleading buyers. I tried to change my shipping profile by testing with a duplicate profile to Royal Mail but all I get is ‘oh dear something went wrong’. So tired of Etsy meddling with things - that never needed altering in the first place.

7 Likes

Jump to solution

This is not a glitch. 

The system is showing please update on my seller dashboard too.

They may try to pass this off as a glitch when they realise this is a huge mistake that will be costly to sellers and ultimately them.

3 Likes
TheInkyDeer
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Lets hope they do realise how ridiculous this is. I'm refusing to change from 'Other' at this point as I'm not willing to mislead my customers.

10 Likes
digitaldoodlebug
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I suspect it's a glitch from their testing and adjustments. Other is still an option for me. 

1 Like
MyOrganisedHome
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@digitaldoodlebug

Can you create a new shipping profile that uses ‘Other’?

Although my current listings which use Other appear to still be active they all have the red flag of doom. A number are due for renewal soon so I’ll try and relist with their current shipping profile when the time comes.

I have tried to create a new shipping profile just to see what happens and the option for Other has gone. Any new profiles will need to have a named mail class and carrier assigned.

I have managed to create a draft listing using one of my existing shipping profiles which uses Other. Providing this doesn’t get rejected by the Etsy publishing bot that may be a workaround.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, this just happened to me for all my Month mugs, September 29, 2023.  I’ve checked everything, nothing is wrong.  I also logged out and back in, went from iPad to desktop and still ‘Update Required’.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Does the shipping profile for your mugs have 'other' as the shipping provider? If so that's the issue. We can't use 'other' anymore.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I was on my last nerve last night when I started trying to "update" the listings.   I kept thinking I don't want to limit myself to one delivery in case something international is too expensive to go by USPS.  But I realized Etsy will charge the buyer the shipping  amount and I can send it how I want.  So no big deal except for how irritating it was to notice it at night when I was tired.  Also after searching for specific items and realizing just how many times the same listings are repeated in search when they don't even fit the search criteria.  Given the vast numbers of sellers and items, I would think it would be the most fair NOT to repeat certain things over and over.  The truly different and unique are hidden amongst the average.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I tried changing the shipping from "Other" to a provider as well but the days do not correspond actually to the delivery dates given by the provider...it would be an approximate timeframe..so frustrating..logging out / in does not work for me either.. i really dont know what else to do..

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@VirtualDesignMall 

'Other' is the issue unfortunately. Etsy will no longer let us select other so you just have to pick the best closest option. 

0 Likes
Lelsloom
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Does anyone know if there's a work around for this? Etsy's estimated times are so inaccurate that I've had to turn off all international shipping.

4 Likes
stitcherhood
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

All 200+ of my listings still say "update required" with no insight as to WHAT needs updated. Logging out and back in doesn't help. Etsy has not responded yet to my help request. Anyone know what is going on? What needs to be to updated?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.