I refreshed my listings page a moment ago and all my listings are saying they require an update. I have checked and this is something to do with the delivery profiles but when I try to update these I get a message saying this has been an error please contact Etsy support 

Im not sure how this has happened as I have made no changes to my listing / Delivery profiles recently and this only happened a few seconds ago 

Just want to know if this is happening to anyone else and/or if this is an issue currently.

Re: All listings Showing update required

Jump to solution

All my listings say update required as well. I talked with support and they said they couldn’t find anything wrong with my listings buy yet everything still says update required. Very frustrating. Hopefully someone finds a solution 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
Jewels2at
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I had the same.  The issue...my shipping profiles had "other" selected.  They have removed the "other" option.

I had "other" so Etsy would not send shipping notices giving the date my item would arrive.  Etsy should not be telling a customer when an item is going to arrive.

Guess I cannot do that anymore...

5 Likes
foxlyprints
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Looks like we are being forced to select one of the shipping carriers which have completely unrealistic shipping estimates. For example Royal Mail International will take around 30 business days to arrive around Christmas, which is why I use faster couriers that are not listed, but I am being forced to choose Royal Mail and have Etsy ask the customer if their item arrived on time when I know it won't which is why I want to select other and give an honest estimated time of arrival so the buyer has a positive experience and will only buy if they agree to wait 30 business days. 

6 Likes

Jump to solution

"Other" is checked on all of the items I'm having Printify ship for me - it's still available, but if I leave "other" checked it still has an update required. I went back through items I knew had sold to figure out what provider transported them and used that info to change "other" to the provider. That removed the Update Required on those items, but not on the others.  The good news is that if you have multiple shipping profiles that are the same you can check them all in your editing options and revise them at once.  Kind of exhausting, but maybe it's just a prep to make sure we're on our toes for Q4!

0 Likes
ZoomiesShop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Where are you seeing other? What area is it at? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ZoomiesShop 

Its in shipping profiles. 

Shop manager > settings > shipping settings 

Click on the pencil on each profile to edit and check if they have other selected which they probably do. Make your edits to shipping carrier  then click save profile at the bottom.

1 Like
RiversEdgeRelics
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

"OTHER" WILL SOON BE GONE FOREVER

From Etsy:

We’ve added some new shipping services and will need an update from your previous choice of “Other.”

When you choose a specific service you can be confident buyers will see more accurate delivery dates, without any change to how you work. Don’t see your service? Choose an option that has a similar transit time.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@RiversEdgeRelics 

But the fact of the matter is that they don't give "more accurate delivery dates." Their delivery dates are ridiculously short and completely inaccurate, especially for overseas sales.  That is why I chose 'other' in order that I could set my own accurate delivery times.

5 Likes
ZoomiesShop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Anyone still have this issue? Still not working for me.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Have you updated your shipping profiles so that "other" is no longer chosen?

1 Like

Jump to solution

What truly makes no sense, like someone else pointed out, Printify picks the mail service, not me. How would I know what every single shipping profile would be? 

1 Like

Jump to solution

So if I change the shipping from "other" to some USPS profile the "Upgrade required" goes away. But what's to say I picked the right one? Maybe it doesn't matter so long as it matches what my shop says shipping times would be?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I agree! This update does not make sense for drop shippers. All of my shipping estimates and times were running great. I’m at a loss.

1 Like
irmaKdesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I can confirm is the "Other" in shipping profiles that requires updating. I changed my "other" to First Class and red "update required" on my listings went away. It would be nice if Etsy informed us about this change, because unless you read the forum and know the "other" shipping option is going away, there is no indication of what is the problem with the listing. (After updating, the "other" option is still showing as available)

0 Likes
TrendyTeesByNiki
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm having same issue. I thought if you use printify they are in charge of shipping, I have no clue what to do.

0 Likes
ZoomiesShop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hope this Helps someone. You need to go into your shipping profiles and select if it says Other you need to change that and pick a carrier. l just got this from  Etsy Technical Support. "it seems that you're still using "Other" shipping service. Please know that we're no longer allowing the use of "Other" shipping service. You'll have to choose from one of the shipping services available on the Drop Down box."

"It also allows us to automatically adjust your estimated delivery dates in the event we detect a carrier is delayed, or if there is an issue with the postal service that affects delivery."

This way, you don’t have to adjust your own shipping profiles when faced with shipping delays or other carrier changes.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I looked at this and the Shipping profile that comes with POD shirts through Printify didn't seem to have a shipping class selection, it seemed baked into their shipping defaults... I am guessing / hoping that Printify will now need to change their shipping settings on their side and we may just need to sync their new shipping profile when they get it updated to meet Etsy's new rules. Printify is going to use their shipping system no matter what we select on Etsy in our listings... again just guessing on this but seems logical to me at this moment 

1 Like

Jump to solution

yes this just happen to me, I was wondering how do I resolve this as I did not make any changes to my shipping profiles.

0 Likes
TrendyTeesByNiki
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

So just pick any of them from the drop down and it won't matter because Printify will use whomever?  Hoping I understand that correctly.

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Hmmm ... I got the same message. But the reason I like "other" is because I don't have shipping profiles. Each of my items is shipped in a different size box or bag and has different weights.

I use Pirate Ship. I pre package all my items so they are ready to ship. But i don't write down what the shipping is ( ground/ 1st class/ or whatever )

I just put in a shipping price for my towns zip code to NYC zip code and if the buyer is closer than that, and it's a large shipping overage , i refund the difference.

Gee thanks Etsy!! I appreciate all the work you've just created for me to do with all my listings now. 

Well at least I don't have 4 pages to fix like someone in this post said.  My sympathies to you . Thats alot of work.

Good luck everyone.

So how will this affect our processing time? I don't see delivery times anymore when i pretended to do a new listing.

What do U all think would happen if i made a listing and clicked on , for instance , parcel post which says delivery in 2-8 days. But maybe end up shipping ground advantage ? 

My reasoning is that i want to buy as much time as I can for delivery. Does that make sense?

1 Like
EnglishArtifex
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This is a major problem since yesterday, but I still don't know if it's only a bug, or do we all really need to change something in our shipping profiles to go on. Every one of my listings is from Printify and neither I can see a solution on Etsy nor on Printify. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

The frustrating thing is when you buy a label on Etsy is actually says that Royal Mail is 7-12 days which is actually quite accurate. But when it gives the date to customers on the listing is says 5-7...

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue

0 Likes
Artbesico
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

If we have to update all our shipping profiles, then it's way too time consuming. There is a reason why people choose "Other", the delivery time schedule showing is not accurate, Royal Mail do not guarantee First Class next day delivery and even Tracked-24 sometimes do not guarantee delivery in 24 hours. 

If this is a bug then it needs to be fixed otherwise we can't renew or publish listings.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I am also getting this issue. Where it is still an early problem with everyone who has their account synced with POD (Printful also in my case) I’m sure something will eventually be sorted, or Printful will make an announcement on what to do next. That’s my thought anyway. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.