So it has been going on since Monday and I think we deserve some answers after this many days since the pinned thread has not a single update.

Any tracking manually entered or entered through a third party shipping service is only showing Pre-Transit.  I am currently up to over 75 now.

This is effecting star seller status.  Will this be addressed?

Do I have to contact Etsy support and give every single one of the over 75 order numbers to get this fixed or will the fix when it is implemented update all the tracking numbers?

It won't be long until my customers start to contact me asking what is going on with their packages and it's not a good look for my shop, or Etsy

leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Re: Admin I would like answers on Pre-Transit issues

Jump to solution

@BlackSheepDyeworks 

That would be the exact opposite of what I told them in the survey.

Which was Etsy labels is one malfunction after another, and it is not up to my standards of providing excellent customer service.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes

Jump to solution

I now have 153 orders showing as not shipped and over $3,000 in reserve because of this ridiculous issue. I refuse to take my shop out of vacation mode until they fix this. It's costing Etsy and myself dearly but I've had it with them. I left Amazon for Etsy some 14 - 15 years ago and now they are Amazon. 

2 Likes
fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Nevermind I figured it out.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Don't forget that ETSY prioritizes their technical issues based on the impact to the marketplace.  Maybe when sellers start to lose their Star Seller badge for shipping and tracking that will impact the marketplace enough and they will decide that it needs to be fixed.  It would also be nice to have an update before the weekend.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@Divinecrossings

I know what you mean!  Their customer service is quick and soooo nice.  I did email them a photo of Black Beard's house though.

1 Like
FruitSoupVintage
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

It's also happening to me!! And my mother's shop is having issues with not showing tracking numbers when there is indeed tracking. Now it's hurting the "shipping on time" percentages which is used for the calculation of star seller status. Please fix these issues, Etsy!

1 Like
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I am LIVID right now.. I just got off with chat and after I gave them all the acct numbers and the tracking numbers and the proof that the items were delivered.. they came back to me and said "Looking at the orders, it appears that the tracking information are showing as invalid on Etsy." (duh-- that is the problem here). And to do ANYTHING-- they need to get my SS#/my bank card #/ mybank acct number.. sorry that is bull. especially when help fixed this issue already earlier this week with less info than I gave them today.

I am going to be rethinking long and hard about Etsy in general. Thankfully I do sell other places.

9 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheHomespunLoft I’m sorry, but that is outrageous and totally inappropriate. What the he££ is going on with Etsy? It’s especially egregious when we don’t even know who these people are….I’d also refuse to divulge personal information to a rep from a “farmed out” contractor. This is seriously offensive.

10 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheHomespunLoft 

To clarify, they're asking for the last 4 digits of those numbers, not your entire SSN, right? 

It seems like they're getting less and less willing to help us as time goes on.

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@TheHomespunLoft   This is outrageous.  And a huge security concern!  Who the H would ask something like this.  Especially with the amount of Hacked Accts. we've been seeing, as well as financial glitches.  Major concern here.

@TheHomespunLoft   Sorry to "at" you again.  Regarding your legitimate security concern.  Don't know if you've seen this Thread.  Oh sure, it makes sense to give out the info which was requested of you.  Not.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Receiving-notifications-for-someone-else-s-shop/td-p/...

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I had this today and the chat tried to fix as it's Canada Post. They sent it to tech and now its correct but another one since today the same. It's not just USPS and mine are all Etsy purchased labels so no clue what the issue is.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I definitely don't care about having the star seller badge but I sure as heck care about the possibility of being put on reserve! If this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm going to have 20+ orders marked as pre-transit. How can they not get this fixed properly??

8 Likes

Jump to solution

I have not been affected by this until just today. Docked for 5 orders that were all sent with Etsy labels, tracked and delivered.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

After chatting with Etsy this morning, I was told this was being investigated and tonight I checked and everything has been updated and restored correctly. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I have been helped by Chat other times successfully and easily. Using my name, shop name and email address. Today was first time I was asked for last 4 #s of bank Acct, current shop balance, and how much was latest disbursement to shop?. I almost gave up, but then realized those answers wouldn’t put me at risk, so I gave them. They were able to update delivered orders successfully.  I agree this process is insane. Personally I don’t want to let Pre-transit orders pile up so I have to deal with it. Not sure we can even get reviews if orders show Pre-transit? I feel for all of us. The latest orders not updating were Pirateship. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Orders that were delivered showing as pre transit. I had to give chat the last 4 of my bank account, billing card on file and last 4 of my social security. What a hassle. Etsy needs to take shipping off for star seller until this problem on their end is resolved.

2 Likes
Eclecticgoods4U
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

IMHO....some people need to be fired over this debacle......it is total BS that us sellers are held to a higher standard than Etsy itself. What about people that work and cannot access chat during normal working hours?? I used to love selling here, but with each passing day the love is dwindling.....This is not how you treat your customers, you know, the people who keep the lights on and pay your salaries.....

18 Likes

Jump to solution

I remember a few months back Esty announced chat would be available for everyone with one sale and some other metric, then changed it to a perk for star seller status. I can't keep up with whether they've stuck by that, does anyone know? Because if they did, or if qualifying requires decent shipping stats, the fixes (that do or don't work depending on the chat roulette wheel) are going to disappear in about a week. 

2 Likes
BirdsongEmporium
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Well @AliciasOddities  I wonder if they are trying to limit access to chat then? Because allowing this to continue on without fixing it will knock a lot of sellers out of the star seller status at the end of this month and then they will lose access to chat.

2 Likes
fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@AliciasOddities the star seller chat is kind of a joke.  If you need actual help it is much better to go thru the help section down at the bottom right of any page and contact etsy that way via chat.  Star Seller Chat vs. Help Chat are not the same IMO.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@fabricfetish 
They are not the same. I will also be going directly to the help chat from now on, bypassing the star seller chat completely. 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Oh my gosh, I had no idea there were two chat options! I thought the little box on the bottom right was the only one. 

1 Like
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@AliciasOddities 

I've been a SS since the beginning, when I do have the chat button in my shop, it doesn't work. I also do not have the option of chat or email in the help section either although I always used to. No customer service for me here...

0 Likes
fabricfetish
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Can anyone confirm - do you have to wait until the tracking on USPS or UPS websites say delivered before etsy will manually update the pre-transit to delivered?

1 Like
OrangeGroveBeads
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Good question.  I checked today and several of mine that had been stuck in the pre-transit purgatory have now changed to delivered status.  I have not attempted to contact Etsy about this issue so this just happened on it's own.  That said, several others have been delivered but are still in pre-transit. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.