So it has been going on since Monday and I think we deserve some answers after this many days since the pinned thread has not a single update.

Any tracking manually entered or entered through a third party shipping service is only showing Pre-Transit.  I am currently up to over 75 now.

This is effecting star seller status.  Will this be addressed?

Do I have to contact Etsy support and give every single one of the over 75 order numbers to get this fixed or will the fix when it is implemented update all the tracking numbers?

It won't be long until my customers start to contact me asking what is going on with their packages and it's not a good look for my shop, or Etsy

Re: Admin I would like answers on Pre-Transit issues

Jump to solution

@fabricfetish, no, in my experience (and as long as you're lucky enough to nab an agent actually willing/able to do manual updates), they can update status for either in-transit or delivered packages.

ETA - I may have misunderstood - they update to whatever the USPS/UPS site says; so they can only update to delivered if that's what it says on the USPS or UPS website.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
HallelujahTree
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I just had a chat through the help centre and have apparently (will check later) had 2 orders updated from pre-transit to delivered which were sent UK to UK with DHL express, both were combined with a second order which correctly updated to delivered.

The strange thing was that at the end of our conversation the rep sent me links to sections in the help centre and basically said that although it was lovely to chat to me I could find answers in the help centre in future.

I pointed out that this was a bug and was told that it is not a reported issue.  Very odd.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Well, don't count on Etsy labels being the savior. This thread:
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Shipping-Information-Missing/m-p/141594598#M765179

It's bad enough that some shops are still running into problems in purchasing Etsy labels. They had to try various fixes from refreshing the page, logging out & then back in & other work-arounds.

Then there's this problem with tracking updating on orders.

The thread linked has posts where shops are trying to purchase labels but none of the usual info. on the package is being transferred.

Etsy must be doing something??? It will remain a mystery until they announce whatever it is. In the meantime it's like they're leaving a trail of breadcrumbs, a little glitch here, major glitch there, what happens when it's everywhere? 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I got help through chat today!!!  I downloaded the orders that said I didn't have shipping into a spread sheet.  I added columns for customer name, tracking number, and delivery status.  I included the date they were delivered.  I saved it as a pdf.  Then I went into chat and dropped the pdf into the chat box and explained the situation and they updated them for me.  YAY!!!!!

4 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@TraceyGurleyArt  I'm glad the person from Chat was able to fix it for you.  I have to wonder however, what happens with future sales. Others reported having theirs fixed, but it was only temporarily.  The next time they had sales they were back to square one.

Sellers shouldn't have to go thru all of this (workarounds, contacting Chat, etc.). Everyone contacting Chat, Emailing Support, etc., puts a greater load on Support Tickets (which is already backlogged).  They have a major problem going on (quite a few of them actually), and need to FIX this for EVERYONE who is affected.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm not mad at you, but ticked off that they are helping some and not others. They need to help EVERYONE!  going on 2 weeks!!!!!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem and my rating is dropping fast, down to 97%. I spoke with customer service yesterday and they said it was an issue on their end and that they were working on it. I use PS and have never had this issue. I too am worried it will affect my star seller status. I think if it does cause us to lose our rating their should be some sort of compensation since it is so highly stressed we use tracking with postage!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I currently have 116 orders that are saying pre-transit. ALL HAVE BEEN DELIVERED. I have had my shop in vacation mode now for a week, since I'm not getting paid for any of the orders. Etsy's help cannot tell a seller why they're in reserve. WHAT? No one can tell me why. I don't fit any of the standard reasons given in their policies. Wouldn't care about being in reserve if it weren't for the shipping glitch, because they release the money when valid tracking is put in the order. So they are still holding over $3000 of my funds because of their glitch. This is unbelievable. I will not take my shop out of vacation mode. I just sent my 7th message, asking for help and have received nothing but one copy/paste response that answered nothing and that was a week ago. 

3 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@TraceyGurleyArt   Interesting.  I wonder if this is the beginning to making Etsy Labels mandatory.

There are also some Threads with Sellers who do use Etsy Labels, but they're having trouble with the Pre-sets suddenly not working.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@slimchicken  I just went through the same thing ( won't tell me why I'm in reserve, orders delivered but money being held ). Use the chat bubble, they will fix each order on their end. I have one that says "in transit" and is still being held that no one form etsy has been able to release. I am fighting them to remove the reserve so I do not have to sit in chat everyday and they are not budging. It's insulting, beyond,  Been selling here since 2010. 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

@chillwolfart since then, I’ve been shipping through Etsy and those are working fine.  This was my 5th time on chat.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ritualvintage; I too have been here since 2010-2011. The fact that I'm staying in vaca mode (and wi...

But I can't fight with them to fix this. I can't even talk to anyone. No one responds to my messages and I have no chat option or call option. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ritualvintage;

Evidently I don't know how to post correctly because it dropped most of my post. While my shop is on vacation, it is costing Etsy a lot in fees as it's been a week and they're not getting any fees if I'm not getting any sales. 

This is an arbitrary imposition, this reserve status. I fit none of their reasons listed and nothing has changed in my business, other than slow and steady growth since 2010-2011 when I started. I have noticed many of my customers purchasing on our website instead of here, since they can't. I'm totally fine with that. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@slimchicken if you go to your orders page there is a tiny black chat bubble on the lower right corner. I had no idea it was there until the other day. That is where I got help.  

0 Likes
PeoplePackages
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I had an upset customer wonder when I was sending their item, they never actually clicked on the tracking number because it said pre-transit. I'm so glad it delivered today. They thought I made a label and had not shipped it. I have 8 orders says pre-transit. I need to get the chat to fix these again.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@ritualvintage I just sent a chat and got a response that this will be sent onto their technical support and be fixed. Not holding my breath but thank you so much for that!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@slimchicken I would def try again during regular business hours.  I got a live person both times and it was during the week. Fight to get that $. Something super sketchy is going on.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have been sending a convo to customers to check shipping on the actual USPS site for correct information, when I was using Pirate Ship.

0 Likes
MissValsFindings
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm down to 96% on my shipping due to this issue. It really needs to be addressed so we don't all lose our Star Seller status.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@ChillwolfArt I can tell you what I have experienced.   If I use Etsy labels, there is not a problem.   IF I use Pirate Ship, the order shows pre-transit, even though I can track it on USPS and it shows it is moving.    I request a phone call from support and they "fix" it for me.   The one representative even commented that "this was not purchased via Etsy".    

@MissValsFindings Don't worry about the Star Seller as it does nothing for you or your shop except add additional stress .

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@CozyExpressions  - Reading your post, it would then appear that Etsy has changed something to designate that the label purchased on Etsy versus an outside service or directly at the local PO.

However, apparently they have forgotten their goal - retaining buyers. 

As others have mentioned, if all a buyer sees on their order is "label created" or "pre transit", will they go further & go to USPS tracking to see the actual tracking? 
Or will they get flustered, think the shop is ignoring them or "scamming" them & never return to Etsy the Marketplace? 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Some of my Pirate Ship orders are pre-transit and some are tracking correctly, so I don't think it's as simple as where the label was purchased. If that were the case, all of the Pirate Ship labels would be pre-transit. 

3 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@Adorabilities is correct.  Some of my PirateShip labels show tracking perfectly, and others do not.  Even labels purchased on the same day, at the same time, some will show tracking and others won't.  It would make no sense to only allow a few to go through.  

5 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CozyExpressions   It definitely appears that something has changed.  And quite possibly the start of making Etsy labels mandatory.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I told my customers to check the tracking number on the actual USPS website for correct information.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.