So it has been going on since Monday and I think we deserve some answers after this many days since the pinned thread has not a single update.

Any tracking manually entered or entered through a third party shipping service is only showing Pre-Transit.  I am currently up to over 75 now.

This is effecting star seller status.  Will this be addressed?

Do I have to contact Etsy support and give every single one of the over 75 order numbers to get this fixed or will the fix when it is implemented update all the tracking numbers?

It won't be long until my customers start to contact me asking what is going on with their packages and it's not a good look for my shop, or Etsy

Re: Admin I would like answers on Pre-Transit issues

Jump to solution

@slimchicken check to see if that particular ticket is still open: https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/requests?segment=selling and if so, reply reminding them that you have now been waiting X days to get your money released from the reserve, since you have valid tracking. Remind them they have done this for others who weren't having money held. 

Also consider getting legal help; you may qualify for some free assistance from one of the PA branches: https://vlaa.org/get-help/other-vlas/

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Jump to solution

For most of us they will not manually fix our tracking while the investigation goes on.  They said star seller won't be affected, but yet it is.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

It certainly isn't fixed for current orders, I had three more pop up overnight, and now have 17 delivered packages showing no tracking, and  cratering star seller stats. My response from chat was there was nothing they could do, the engineering team was aware, they'd add my report to the ongoing investigation, and "for now kindly wait for a detailed message from our team for further instructions." Yay!

6 Likes

Jump to solution

@slimchicken check to see if that particular ticket is still open: https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/requests?segment=selling and if so, reply reminding them that you have now been waiting X days to get your money released from the reserve, since you have valid tracking. Remind them they have done this for others who weren't having money held. 

That thread was me - never received a response on that one either. I will take your advice on seeking free assistance. Thanks.

0 Likes
EllenMMdesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Question - does this mean we aren’t paid for orders that are stuck in pre-transit still?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@EllenMMdesigns for sellers on payment reserves, yes. The rest should be fine. 

1 Like
EllenMMdesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Whew! Thank you, cindylouwho2 !

1 Like

Jump to solution

That’s exactly what it means.  Our money is being held in reserve by Etsy!

0 Likes
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yep, me too, I use integrated PS and USPS tracked, package has been delivered but order shows "pre-transit" still. When I try to contact Etsy my black chat box on my dashboard DOES NOT WORK. I also have an order saying "not-trackable" at the USPS site so maybe some of this problem is USPS, I don't know, but this shipping bug has been around for years and it should get fixed. I guess the chat/email button must have a bug too, my first try at using it!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Why would they fix it if it allows them hold onto lots of $$ for as long as possible, with it saying "pre-transit". 

1 Like

Jump to solution

NEW FINDING read to the full post

So yesterday and today my PS tracking numbers on Etsy are just showing the pre transit.  When I click to track on USPS it says not trackable. No other tracking information is attached to the order on Etsy.  I am still able to edit these tracking numbers.  I edit the last number to something different and hit save.  Then go back to edit tracking and put the correct last number back, and BAMB the tracking info suddenly shows on Etsy.  The pre transit swapped to in transit overnight for yesterdays.  I will check tomorrow for todays swap and report back if it didn't work.

Wont help fix the over 70 older ones and still stinks that this a has not been fully fixed.

EDIT TO ADD

The tracking fix didn't stick and it REVERTED back to showing not a single scan on my orders page and when I click to USPS to track it is back to saying untrackabe!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@PrettyVagrant, that's similar to what I'd been doing since Sep to fix these myself - I'd go in and click 'edit tracking', then just save, without changing anything.  Since ~late Feb/Mar 1, I now get an error saying the # is already in use for this order.  I didn't think to change it to something else, then change back to the correct #, good find.  I just tried that on one still in transit, and will see if it corrects itself by tomorrow.  One thing I do wonder is if any messages go to the buyer (e.g., 'Your tracking number has been changed!', twice), I hope not.

That still doesn't help with all the orders that have already been delivered.  On the weekend, when I have more time, I'm going to try giving support another list.  Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to get a support person who will actually help again.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Yesterdays edits stuck with tracking movement scans, but most still say pre transit with a rare few showing in transit.  As usual, no rhyme or reason.

I am starting to think there is a major issue with USPS too because my acceptance scans never too this long to show up online.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@BlackSheepDyeworks 

it seems to only work after a intial post office scan shows.  For some reason its taking much longer than normal for acceptance scan to show online.  The odd thing is for PS it is saying untrackabe now instead of waiting on package wording. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@PrettyVagrant, agree, no rhyme or reason.  Some of my pre-transits even show an initial scan within Etsy (not even clicking through to USPS), but the status never becomes in-transit.  And I do have an occasional package still correctly going through the transit statuses within Etsy, even though all are dropped off and scanned at the PO together.  It's a mystery how a few aren't caught in the error net.

The ones that were fixed for me by support last weekend are stuck in whatever status they manually updated them to - e.g., those that they changed to in-transit (because they were at the time of my support call) are now delivered, but still say in-transit in Etsy.

ETA - and yes, there really IS an issue with delays in USPS's online tracking, it started late Sep.  But Etsy never adjusted anything on their end to account for the delays, and things would 'self-correct' after another 24 hours anyway.  This problem (since late Feb/beg of Mar) is different though - now it seems that the self-correcting has gone away, like once it is unable to see the tracking, it permanently marks the package as pre-transit, and never updates.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@PrettyVagrant, the order I tested using your method worked!  Status in Etsy is now correctly 'in-transit'; all scans show in Etsy through today; and the star seller CSV no longer shows it as no tracking.

If others want to try this, in order for this to work:

- The package must already be trackable in the USPS website, so don't try it until there is at least a scan or two there

- The package must still be in transit, you can't update tracking in Etsy after the package is delivered

I'm planning to do today for the rest of my orders that meet these conditions.

2 Likes
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@PrettyVagrant 

Thank you for the tip! I tried this on the order that is still in transit and I did notice that the tracking info updated, now I will wait to see if "pre-transit" updates. I could not edit tracking for the delivered package so that is stuck I guess. What a joke! And I do notice that my "chat box" has disappeared since I mentioned it doesn't work yesterday, pathetic...

Update: So it seems to have worked, the open order switched to "in-transit" right away

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Today the ones I edited changed to in transit or even out for delivery.  It took almost 24hrs for Etsy to update this fact from the  tracking scans getting attached to the order. 

Today, almost 24hrs after the pickup scans, I am seeing the actual scans on the USPS site.  I then edited the tracking numbers and the scans are now linked to the orders.  They still show pre transit even with the scans attached now, but by tomorrow they should all show in transit.

We should NOT have to do this work around, let alone be the ones doing all this testing to find it!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@PrettyVagrant 
Thank you for the workaround tip. I was hesitant to do this because I thought customers may be informed when a new tracking number has been entered (twice, with this workaround.) But if you haven't had any complaints or questions from your customers, I doubt they're getting any notifications.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The incompetence is mind-blowing.  Worse than that the arrogance of posting misleading updates while the issue gets worse.  This bit in the message for all of us on the waiting list for any help says the quiet part out loud; "...we prioritize our technical issues based on the impact to our marketplace".  So as long as the orders keep coming in they can't be bothered by your customers seeing a poor shipping rating.  I have no idea how many of us are affected by this, so maybe etsy is treating it like a minor "pain point" as they so often do

10 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I have no idea how many of us are affected by this,...

Seeing that, on average, only about 2% of sellers visit the forum, you can do the math and this math looks very, very bad.

And there will be many who won't even notice until they clock in some day and find themselves with a payment reserve on their shop because of this.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@PrettyVagrant    there was an issue with USPS also.    The past week, when I log into my account to schedule a pick up, there was an alert stating they are having issues with some of their applications.   That alert is currently gone, so they fixed things on their end.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

My pick up scans are lagging by almost 24hrs when they used to be just by a top few hours

0 Likes
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@PrettyVagrant 

Now I am wondering if not so honest buyers will see that the order is "in transit" on Etsy system and open cases for "non-delivery" and get refunded even after the package has been delivered (and I am sure it would come out of seller accounts). Not sure if this could happens but it would not surprise me one bit.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Star Seller issues: March 3, 2023 Several of our Orders Have Missing Tracking #'s according to Star Seller. We enter All Orders with Tracking #'s. 

Also the The Order download History Does Not Work Either!  ( for days now I can Click onto History Download Nothing downloads! )

Our CSV's has several of our Orders: Missing Sale dates Missing (xxxxxx out) Ship dates for this Year.  Hello Somethings Wonky with the System not receiving this information to the CSV, it was delayed for a couple days but not like this for Weeks. It used to work. 

What has changed for so many of us experiencing this problem?  It should be suspended till it is resolved, or if it can't be Fixed then why have Star Seller because it's not accurate it shows our shop is not carring out our obligations.

I am so Glad our customers get their tracking #'s which most of the pkg's have been delivered already, & shows in transit. 

We want Happy Customers!!!   

lllllllllllll

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.