So it has been going on since Monday and I think we deserve some answers after this many days since the pinned thread has not a single update.

Any tracking manually entered or entered through a third party shipping service is only showing Pre-Transit.  I am currently up to over 75 now.

This is effecting star seller status.  Will this be addressed?

Do I have to contact Etsy support and give every single one of the over 75 order numbers to get this fixed or will the fix when it is implemented update all the tracking numbers?

It won't be long until my customers start to contact me asking what is going on with their packages and it's not a good look for my shop, or Etsy

Re: Admin I would like answers on Pre-Transit issues

Jump to solution

Well if they're looking at something related to just Etsy labels, then no wonder they don't have a fix yet. It's not related to where the labels have been purchased. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
7 Likes

Jump to solution

@leinweberstudio yup

ETA "please know that we prioritize our technical issues based on the impact to our marketplace" seems like another way of saying "as long as sales go through, this isn't a high priority"

8 Likes

Jump to solution

Would be nice if they considered the impact to sellers and not just the marketplace. For example the bot-driven payment reserve trip wire that late shipping can trigger? Or what about the forced suspensions? And, wait a minute…isn’t the marketplace comprised of sellers? Aren’t WE, in fact, collectively “the marketplace”? So wouldn’t fixing this issue for sellers help fix the marketplace? To separate sellers’ problems from those of the marketplace is just divisive and drives the wedge deeper between sellers and management.

11 Likes

Jump to solution

Yeah, he chimed into a few threads and seemed to help a few, but the majority of us are stuck with no help

1 Like

Jump to solution

@cindylouwho2 

That is what chat told me last week.  Wouldn't update a single orders tracking, escalate, or add my shop to the issue 

1 Like

Jump to solution

A recent updated announcement from Ampersay states that their engineers fixed the problem for new orders. Umm, no. My packages from Monday and Tuesday (3/13 and 3/14) show no tracking, and SS is dropping. What a mess. I ship Pirate Ship, and manually input my tracking numbers. I have never had a problem. But fixed? No.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@BramblyWoods

Completely agree.  This has not been fixed.  I still have 48 orders, dating back to March 1, that still say pre-transit.  I also use pirate ship.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I wonder if Pirate Ship knows about this problem.  I use them too.  So far all March orders are marked PreTransit.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CreativeSpiritGlass @Yes, Pirate Ship is aware of the situation but the problem is on Etsy’s side of things. The integration seems to be broken. It’s unclear if this is actually intentional (I.e., an attempt to push Etsy labels) or simply an Etsy programming error.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

That sucks!  I’m sorry!  Mine are still pre-transit as of this morning.UGH

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DivineCrossings  I use PS too. I switched when Etsy started taking funds from our payment account funds. Main reason is I can still use my points credit card.  Since I am self employed I no longer get such benefits as paid vacations(like etsy staff does).  My accrued points each year allows me vacation each year.

I will not be forced to use Etsy labels and I would think a big legal fight would happen if they tried from some of the top sellers who use muli platform label/shipping services

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@PrettyVagrant @Hey, I’m with you! : ) I use Pirate Ship for the same reason…a cash back credit card that makes the 6.5% fee on shipping a wee bit less painful. I only wish I had enough orders to fund a vacation with that money. It might be enough for a trip to my neighbor’s backyard pool? Lol.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@DivineCrossings 
An admin answered someone's question yesterday, stating that they're aware this is happening with some "Etsy labels." So they're not trying to tie this problem to PS at all.

(It's not just Etsy labels either, but at least they're not trying to throw PS under the bus.)

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Adorabilities ummm….I didn’t mean to imply that it was only PS labels…just that PS was aware of the issue and that the disconnect seems to be on Etsy’s end per several chats I had with PS.  But, I can say that my PS labels have all been a problem, but the label I purchased yesterday from Etsy is tracking normally. And the fact that the admin post doesn’t mention integration issues with other label providers is a big omission. Strange, that.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DivineCrossings 
Sure, I didn't think that's what you meant. I was saying if Etsy thought it was related to PS, they would be making the most of it (and wouldn't have mentioned Etsy labels, for sure!)

It's a mystery. Some of my PS labels are stuck in pre-transit, and some are not. I haven't been able to identify a pattern. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I look at the USPS / UPS .... tracking site directly for shipping status and rarely use the Etsy page. If a customer asks about it direct them to the shippers site.  I use Pirateship exclusively, they're great, especially when it comes to filing claims with the carrier. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

And when questions arise you actually get to speak to a live person who knows what they are doing  - within minutes.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

My shop was put "on reserve" over a week ago. They give no reason for this and none of the reasons they state on the policy for reserves applies to my shop. I have sent MANY emails in to Etsy on this and I get a meaningless copy/paste robot answer. They are holding over $3000 in order payments and won't release the $$ until tracking shows "in transit". A simple click will show that these orders ARE ALREADY DELIVERED, yet nothing from Etsy. I have had to put my shop on vacation mode and call off my employees because I can not afford to give away thousands of dollars in merchandise and pay employees to pack and ship - not to mention all the shipping labels I've paid for. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I think @cindylouwho2 is interested in seeing what shops are being affected this way, new vs. established, etc. I'm so sorry this happened to you, I can't understand why Etsy would want to see successful sellers shutting down their shops, as this is obviously what the outcome will be. You mentioned you've sent several emails, have you tried chat? Not sure if it would make a difference but it's worth a shot, good luck.

3 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@slimchicken   Wait a minute; you are given no reason other than the robotic generic answer. For orders which show as being DELIVERED.  I am so sorry.  Something is definitely off.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@slimchicken I am sorry to hear about your reserve! When reserves are new, it usually takes several days for the tracked orders to clear your account, and with the label/tracking issues Etsy is having, that is certain to take longer. 

You seem to be saying that the reserve stems from the label issue to begin with, though, which is odd, as I haven't seen many clear examples of this. 

Are your tickets about the reserve or about the current orders not showing as delivered? I'd make those two different tickets (but do not open more than those 2 - keep each topic to one ticket). I would also try chat, as others suggested -  you may find them more helpful for the tracking part. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

My issue is that my account is on reserve. It may or may not be coincidence that these things happened at the same time. BUT Etsy says it will release funds from an account on reserve when the order ships with valid tracking. Since the tracking still says "pre-transit" on dozens/scores of orders, they are holding well over $3,000 in my funds (over the last 10 or so days) and today's deposit is an insulting $25. 

I have sent many messages and only got the one copy/paste response, which addressed nothing - just a copy of the reasons accounts are often placed on reserve. I had already included that list in my original message, with each point refuted by provable fact. They ignored all that and sent the no-answer robot response. It has now been a full week since their only response and I have therefore shut down the business temporarily. If I am not getting paid, there's no point in offering product, paying employees and spending money on shipping labels - all good money after bad. It just astounds me that Etsy cannot adequately address such an issue with a personal response in over a week's time. I've decided instead, to spend time primping up my website, since that's the only place the money is actually accessible for orders. 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@slimchicken open a ticket on the tracking not updating, mentioning it is keeping you from getting paid. Ideally, do this through chat.

Don't argue the validity of the reserve in that ticket. Just argue they need to manually update the tracking as they have done for others so that your reserve money can be released. 

Save arguing about the reserve existing in the first place until after the label issue is over. 

3 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The last Announcement in Technical Issues fr. Admin ampersay was Friday (almost a week ago).
On the previous page (Pg. 9) I posted a link to a Thread where Admin TonsofPaper addressed two Sellers.  This is in reference to Etsy Labels.  And stated there was no timeframe as to when this would be fixed, etc.

Surely Sellers cannot be expected to attempt to continuously contact Support for every single Order which is affected by the "Pre-Transit" Issue.  And continues to be a problem for many.  

6 Likes

Jump to solution

cindylouwho2
That was one of the messages I sent and never got a response

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.