So it has been going on since Monday and I think we deserve some answers after this many days since the pinned thread has not a single update.

Any tracking manually entered or entered through a third party shipping service is only showing Pre-Transit.  I am currently up to over 75 now.

This is effecting star seller status.  Will this be addressed?

Do I have to contact Etsy support and give every single one of the over 75 order numbers to get this fixed or will the fix when it is implemented update all the tracking numbers?

It won't be long until my customers start to contact me asking what is going on with their packages and it's not a good look for my shop, or Etsy

bradgoodell
Community Maker

Re: Admin I would like answers on Pre-Transit issues

Jump to solution

This seems like the most pressing issue right now.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have contacted Chat twice and this last time I provided order numbers and tracking numbers just on 9 orders, even though I have 47 that say pre-transit.  I had seen that some people had luck using this option to get their information corrected.  The response that I got from Chat was "Upon checking, it looks like this is an ongoing issue and our engineering partners are currently aware of an issue where some orders are still showing as 'pre-transit' on Etsy while the tracking site shows movement.  You will be receiving an email and a notification once there was an update on this.  Please know that we prioritize our technical issues based on the impact to our marketplace."

Needless to say, I've tried to get this fixed twice with no luck so it is in the hands of the engineers.  I guess we will have to wait until it becomes a priority for the marketplace which will probably be around the first of the month when sellers are impacted with lower Star Seller badges for shipping/tracking.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CarolinaHats 
Did you use chat through your dashboard, or through the help center? One of them can fix it, one cannot.

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Adorabilities   

"Did you use chat through your dashboard, or through the help center? One of them can fix it, one cannot."

I saw your post about this above.  Interesting, we get two different results depending on which Chat we use.  You wouldn't think that would be the case, but there you have it.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@ChillwolfArt 
Absolutely, you would not. But here we are. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@CarolinaHats   I was told this exact same thing yesterday.   After giving chat 50+ order numbers that were all still showing pre-transit since March 1st.  Said they would just forward the orders numbers along to appropriate department.  

As of this morning most of them have updated to "delivered" status now, yippee!!!   And my star seller shipping percent has gone back up too.   

BUT - now everything I shipped yesterday is showing pre-transit.  So I'm back to square 1 again starting today. 

They have not fixed this at all.  Are they really expecting all of us to contact chat daily to get tracking updated correctly?  

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@FreshLemonBlossoms 

Happy you were able to get yours fixed, but it T's me off that so many of us have contacted chat and other means for help and have been given none.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

The problem is getting worse.  I suppose when the more important sellers complain about the loss of their shipping badge someone will pay attention.  Right now I don't believe engineers are looking into anything

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Maybe it's the cynic in me. Or because I'm still grumpy over the DST change. Yes, Etsy does have bigger fish to fry right now with the current bank situation. 
But please, don't tell me that the team responsible for handling the techie Shipping stuff - what keeps the marketplace going - is also the team that responds to issues when shops have financial/shop account problems. 
I'd hope these are separate departments with different requirements/abilities. 

7 Likes

Jump to solution

@JMOldeVintage I had the same thought and because of the frustrating nature of this situation my mind went to humor. I imagined this one single person they have for issues. Every day that person comes in with a different hat on. The last few it was the finance hat and maybe now the shipping hat is put back on LOL

2 Likes
LanaLuckyFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I guess, it's one team, called Operations. Once Finance department choose another bank, operations has to change coding in their system. The same team is responsible for proper coding of Shipping stuff.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
@ Adorabilities
I went through the Chat on my dashboard.  Initially it seemed like they were going to help me and then they said that they were advised not to take further action while the engineering teams are looking into the issue. 

For now, I'm done trying to get it fixed and will wait until the first of month to see what happens.  Hopefully they fix it by then.  This has taken up way to much of my time.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CarolinaHats 
Sorry to keep harping on this, but when you get the strength to try again, go to the Help section to find the chat option.
I had the same experience as you with the star seller chat. The help section chat was an entirely different experience.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@CarolinaHats  @Adorabilities   I used the chat through help center as someone much earlier in this post recommended.  I had the exact same response through that chat as CarolinaHats did.   Just that they would forward the order numbers along to who was taking care of this.   Which chat you went through didn't make a difference at all. 

But good news - this morning most were updated to correct shipping.  Star seller going back up too.

Bad news - everything I shipped yesterday is still showing pre-transit.  So back to square one again.  

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@FreshLemonBlossoms 
Someone from star seller chat must have been subbing for help chat.  : )

I'm sorry that they didn't help you. This just goes on and on.

1 Like

Jump to solution

My super-seller items are no longer showing up on the front pages. I am wondering if the pre-transit issues are messing up my citizen score and I am losing search boosting. Is anyone else having this issue?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@FreshLemonBlossoms

I'm glad that some of your pre-transit issues have been resolved.  The 9 that I sent to them yesterday are still in pre-transit and are from March 1. 

I just wish that Chat, regardless of how you get to them, treated everyone the same.  

5 Likes

Jump to solution
@ Adorabilities
Just to see what happened, I went to chat through the help center and got the same result which was "Our engineering team is working on resolving it as quickly as possible. I’ve added your report to our investigation and you’ll receive an update via email once this situation has been corrected or we have more information to share."  So, I'm right where I was before, still pre-transit issues and engineering is working on it.  
1 Like

Jump to solution

I contacted them again today.  They told me that I’m just going to have to wait.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CarolinaHats Wow, sorry to hear that. It must either depend who you get as the agent, or they're tired of spending the time with us fixing them one by one.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I shipped 7 packages Monday. 5 thru Etsy labels and 2 thru Pirateship. All 5 thru Esty labels showing tracking today and the 2 from Pirateship do not. I went ahead and disconnected from Pirateship and re-integrated so I shall see if the package I am sending today from Pirateship shows tracking tomorrow. Thus far I have had an easy time with Etsy Chat updating the orders once they are delivered. They can't update before it gets delivered though. This has been an issue for me since March 1. 

1 Like
CloesCloset
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Just got off chat from the dashboard... engineering is still working on it.... no help there

1 Like

Jump to solution

Did you ask them to update a delivered order or were you just inquiring into the status of things or an undelivered order? They can't or won't update an order still in progress.

I have had them update multiple orders with no issues using the Esty order #. They just go in and "refresh" is what they told me. 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

(For those who haven't seen the following.  Admin posted in another Thread 1/2 hr. ago)
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Orders-showing-pre-transit-but-have-been-delivered/m-...

ETA:  No updated Forum Announcement however.

5 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Interesting that the admin, for who knows what reason, mentions only those labels that have Etsy shipping.

6 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.