I redeemed 100 Free listings to my store via etsy.com/promotions and I have listed 4 listings free via that promotion. But today when I tried to post my next listing the promotion I had redeemed was gone from my account. Is there a way to get that back? I had 96 more free listings and now it's no longer shows on my listing dashboard which is pretty sad

AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

Re: 100 Free Listings Disappared

Jump to solution

I don't think so. But that everyone gets their turn eventually.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Ya, I know. I was being sarcarstic. At the time of my writing this post had the code in the original wording. I didn't get the email, but assumed it wasn't meant to be shared, as I woud think most people with either common sense or basic reading skills woud have known. 

2 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@AnnaleasFinest 

"Etsy took away everyone's free listings, because there were people who posted or gave out the code to people who were not entitled to have it"

So you are saying that people, who are not entitled to receive it should get it anyways, and be it via illicit sharing?

No, I'm saying the exact opposite.  I posted to explain the situation, because there seemed to be a lot of confusion as to what was happening.

Perhaps you meant me with your comment because I shared my experience with Etsy chat?

My snarky comment had nothing to do with you (until now I did not know you had shared your Etsy chat experience) and was made simply because I could not believe the code was (at the time I made the comment) contained in the thread.

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Etsy giveth and Etsy taketh away.

17 Likes

Jump to solution

Sad

0 Likes

Jump to solution

No,  I got mine back as I was l was entitled to them.

1 Like
yxflm75u
Community Curator

Jump to solution

@SewingBase Out of interest what made you entitled to them - was it linked to completing a survey?

2 Likes
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Weird, I looked at mine and now I have 108 free!

1 Like
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Doesn't sound like Etsy, but maybe the extras are for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I have got that again lol 96 free remaining !

1 Like
Beadcomber
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

How does one tell how many free are remaining? Do you manually count or is there a way to check?...oh never mind...found it!! lol

2 Likes

Jump to solution

It shows on the top right corner on your listing dashboard. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

i saw this reddit post made by a moderator on reddit and like many others, copied it to the etsy forums wanting to share something positive from etsy (for once). after a couple folks posted asking if it’s ok to share, something i honestly hadn’t even considered, i emailed etsy to ask. still waiting on a reply…

i don’t think any of us were trying to do something we thought was somehow shady, rather trying to help out our fellow sellers who are struggling.  for those posting comments like “sad” or suggesting our forum privileges should be revoked, well, i’m not sure what to say about that. seems like life is hard enough right now without suggesting negative things happen to people you don’t even know, at least it is for me…

34 Likes

Jump to solution

@DreamGreatDreams  the only thing in this whole debacle which is 'shady' or 'sad' is that Etsy has some totally non-transparent scheme for handing out 100 free listings to sellers they deem deserving, according to some hidden criteria only they (and possibly the lucky ones who received their free listings) know about.  Now they have managed to cause an 'us and them' type of situation with bad feelings on both sides - the luckies and the losers......How many of those sellers who innocently applied the code that was splashed around social media, ignorant of the fact that it was for a select group only, are now wondering why their freebies have disappeared?

38 Likes
WantableDesigns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@LeLightFantastique 

I got the invite (please don't hate me for that)

From the wording it was aimed at multi-channel sellers. I sell on eBay, Amazon, Amazon Hand-Made and of course Etsy.

My guess is that they want sellers to prioritise Etsy over their other selling channels so it's a carrot to dangle.

To be fair to those that shared it, I don't see anything in the terms to say that it's invitation only and not to share it. (I didn't share it though)

10 Likes

Jump to solution

What is Etsys email ? I believe that in order to receive the promos your shop had to be registered to Etsys emails.

0 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@LeLightFantastique 

this.

But I had free listings before, when I was very active, along with counselling and the 2 friends who got them are very active as well.

I wasn't listing anything new for a while, so perhaps that's why.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just checked and I was given my remaining free listings back, they're quick on this. Thanks Etsy!

1 Like
LastCentury
Community Maker

Jump to solution

What happens in Free Listing Club stays in Free Listing Club!

11 Likes
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The first rule of Free Listings Club...

1 Like

Jump to solution

well I must not be one of the popular kids...

then again, the angst (from some) is over $20.

That's what 100 listings costs. $20.

I'm not getting my panties in a twist over that. Of course, if I got it...great. But $20....

SMH

13 Likes

Jump to solution

20$ may not represent much for everyone, but there are many posts on here of sellers whose sales have plummeted and who are now struggling to pay their bills.  Those free listings could mean the difference between letting their shop run down or keeping it going.

21 Likes

Jump to solution

@LeLightFantastique 

just my opinion...but if you can't afford $20, you should maybe reconsider being in business.

what if someone wants to return something or has an issue? I remember a few years back, someone couldn't refund someone because they'd already spent the money and could they 'maybe' just tell the person to wait until they were able.

that's not a business. JMO.

7 Likes

Jump to solution

@CoquetteBathyes, I agree that some sellers do not seem to have much business sense and leave little room to weather the storm, but I was thinking more about shops whose sales have fallen off a cliff and who can't justify the expense of renewing or adding new listings.  My other shopis a great example of that - with 100 free listings I would most likely have tried to give it the kiss of life.

7 Likes

Jump to solution

@LeLightFantastique 

my other shop is like that, too. I've been considering letting it die away the end of this year. I love making the items I have there, but...maybe it is time to rethink that shop. Still deciding on that. There is really no profit it in, so eventually...it will make a profit or I'll close it down.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.