All our users are welcome to report their problems with the tool here so that we can work on fixes. We hope this thread will stay slim tho ;)

Re: Problem reports

Hi Shannon,

There was an issue with starting ShopShaper on Mac computers for the past two days. We have put a fixed version on our website now. Please download and try again.

We will of course extend your activation key time so that you are not going to lose any value.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Hi, I wanted to write to you here also in public to say that the fix you implemented worked. SS id up and running ---- successfully editing a mess of pages for me.

Thank you again.

Nancy
0 Likes

I'm signed up for the "test" of shopshaper - try before you buy. I'm trying to change my description text but it won't let me change anything at all. It says "no change," which is very untrue I did change text. Why won't it let me change anything?
0 Likes

Hi there,

Please try copying the text you want to delete/replace from the edit page of the listing on Etsy.
Texts copied directly from the shop view or from Word etc sometimes have unseen markup characters in them and don’t get recognised as the same and affect no change.
0 Likes

Hello - I just purchased an activation key like I always do and entered it into the program but nothing is happening :( It isn't loading my listings or anything really. I enter the new key and nothing. Do i need to uninstall the program and reinstall it?
0 Likes

Never mind! I uninstalled and reinstalled and it is working now. Sorry!!
0 Likes

Hi Sarah,

Glad it worked :)
0 Likes
ChicMonogram
Inspiration Seeker

It looks like your link to http://www.shopshaper.net/learnmore.html is broken - I am getting a 404 error. I have a lot of questions as I try to use the program, and I would love to learn how to troubleshoot if you have any instructions available. Thank you!
0 Likes

Thanks for pointing out the broken link :)

It should have gone to the page with our two how-to videos. I've fixed it now and will hopefully add a "frequently asked questions" section soon.
0 Likes

I just signed up for the free trial and can preview the edits however when I click edit selected listings it runs and on each one I get the message Forbidden next to the picture on the left and Failed as the status on the right. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.
0 Likes

I assume that your listings have variations with different prices. Etsy doesn’t allow to change the pricing of listings that are like that. Hopefully our new version will allow some editing on those listings too
0 Likes

Thank you for the quick reply. I do have variations with different prices. I will use your tool for some other uses for now and will look forward to your new version as well.

Thanks
0 Likes

Hi. I'm having allot of trouble getting this to work. When I try to add my shop it just says "error, click cancel and try again." I've given ShopShaper access, I've tried doing it without a key so I could do the free trial, I tried buying a day key, and none of that works. It just keeps saying error. Please help.
0 Likes

Downloading the newest Java version could and should solve that issue and we recommend downloading a JDK (which is a bigger file) rather than the JRE (JDK includes JRE). Here is the link:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

Usually our customers don’t have to do all this work, but a recent issue that has cropped up has forced us to find solutions like this. We suspect a recent Java update to be the culprit. Hopefully our new version will not have this issue at all.

Also, please send us a convo with the email address you bought a key with so that I can send you a refund. You should be able to use the free week as usual.
0 Likes

Just wanted to let everyone know that I found this forum bc I kept getting an error message that said to cancel and try again (after entering in the code and clicking on "add shop"). The fix above where you click on the link and download the newest Java version worked perfect for me! Up and running! Thanks so much Shop Saver! :o) This is going to save me soooo much time and work going forward. You rock!
0 Likes

Hello, I just paid for a yearly key. Where is the activation key??

Nancy
0 Likes

Hello... where is the key????????????????

Isn't this generated automatically and sent to the user????

grumble.
0 Likes

Hi, have you checked your spam folder? I'm sending you the key via convo now
0 Likes

Purchased a one year key and have been deactivated early. Shopshaper is saying I need to reactivate with a new key.... its only been 3 months.
0 Likes

We've sent you an email yesterday and hope that you received it. Your issue seems to be related to the same we have for a month now. Our suggestion from above, to download the new JDK, should solve it. We are working on our new version that does not have that issue at all.
0 Likes

Hi,
I am trying the 1 week free trial of shop shaper.
However, when i try to edit a single listing, I often (but not always) don't get the option to change the subcategory. For example, if I choose Paper goods, I do not get the option to choose any subcategories. If I edit my Listing directly through etsy, I get lots of subcategories to choose from.
0 Likes

Hİ Claire,

Thanks a lot for your message.

The current version of ShopShaper still has the old categories. The new version is in the works and will have the updated categories Etsy introduced a few months back.
0 Likes

Ah, thanks. I thought they looked a bit different :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

How do you remove unwanted spaces/returns in your description? I tried copying/pasting the text above and below the spaces and them removing them, but that didn't work. HELP!
0 Likes

When removing or replacing text, try copying the text you want to delete/replace from your listing’s edit page on Etsy, rather than the shop view.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.