In this Thread, tell the person above you, your first impressions of their shop. Good news, and bad news are all helpful.

Re: First Impressions

Stock Lane Studio I felt like I was traveling back in time. I love how each picture was different in its own right but cohesive.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

4Blackbirds Stuido I'm in love with your look. The flow was wonderful. Your theme matched I saw what your business was about right away. Even though each piece was different they were related.
0 Likes

LoveUnspokenCrochet - Great colors, perfect for fall. Looks very warm. Colors look like they can match lots of styles. Fingerless gloves are perfect for people like me to wear in cold offices and still wear short sleeves. Different patterns would be cool too - not just solid colors.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Renee! I took a look at your shop and I love your items! The only suggestions that I have are that you only ship to the U.S. It may help you grow to have a shipping option for outside the U.S. As well. Also, I did notice that some of your pictures are cut off a little. Other than that, I thought your shop was amazing and I'm sure you will be very successful!! 😊
0 Likes
NadeanDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Bethany, I took a look at your shop. Cute items. some feedback would be to have more photos. Try to get better lighting for your blinkets. good luck
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Deanna,
Beautiful stuff! My only comment is that some of the items look a little flooded with white light (for example the Aqua chalcedony necklace). It was a little hard to see the beautiful details.
0 Likes

Hi Virginia,

your ornaments are so cool! Some of the pictures are a bit dark though. So I would make them a bit more light because it accentuates the details. Very well made. Also your descriptions seem short. Some of them are a bit longer and that's really good. Happy sales!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

hi Lydia Videria I loved your Nepal pictures,specially the smiley girl, I think you need more pictures like that in your shop,because that was more unique than flowers. I also prefer you organize pictures,like all flowers be in one line and dark night pictures in another category and people and portrait in other category,then I feel each person can go exactly to what he is looking for .good sale.
0 Likes
ColoredRed
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Fattaneh....At first look, your shop seems very nice. The products are pretty and reasonably priced. I was very clear on what you are selling. The only thing I would suggest is that you add a little something more, to your banner. Maybe something that is a little more inviting or that tells us where else we can look for you (Facebook, etc.). Also, if you can make more sections, I think that would be good.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi ChandraAndMike Vigil,

As soon as I visitsed your shop, I found that your handmade products are really nice, most of photos are beautiful with clear background. But you still have some not good background and it make your beautiful bracelets less outstanding. I think you can try a clear background and set up your bracelet with some beautiful stuff , but you still make your bracelet outstanding in the photo.

0 Likes

Josie Vo, your shop is beautifully branded. Very cohesive with crisp photography. I see you are quite new and you seem to have a lot of the ropes down. You have clear descriptions and your SEO seems decent. I know you're in a hard category to be found, but you work is just gorgeous!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Deveon Spaeth, I think your store is very beautiful and interesting. Your look is very unique and cohesive, something I think will be recognizable in a page of mixed listings. Your SEO seem to be spot on, at least in my opinion. I think your categories are helpful and informative. Your work is very beautiful!

My only critique is that your banner could be higher-res, but that is a personal preference and depending on the length of time you have used it, Etsy may have compressed it causing quality loss.

Otherwise, your shop is simply splendid and you work is very nice!
0 Likes

Vera,

I love your shop. I wouldn't change a thing just from the sight of it. Your cover image is beautiful, as are your pictures for your digital downloads. It is nice that they are in frames instead of just posted where anyone could right click. Your shop looks polished and professional, but with a sense of warmth. I wish I could offer some critique over your shop's appearance as is want with this Thread, but truly you have done nothing that I would change.

As for making sales, if you are having trouble with that... I can't imagine it has anything to do with your shop appearance, but perhaps the way you promote your shop instead. The main advice I could offer you is social media, and of course etsy team games. As I'm sure you know, those are easy ways to get people to visit your shop without paid advertisement.

Check your tags to make sure all 13 options are filled out, and make sure that your item titles have the basics of the item, listed in the first three words, ie: Art Digital Download...blah blah blah. That way the user doesn't have to fight through your title before they figure out what you are offering them. I admit to not looking at your titles to be sure they are readable....

Well, I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help in this Thread, but the assumed perfection of your store should be more of a compliment to you and your skills, rather than a disappointment to you that not much critiquing could be offered.

Ta, Lacy
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Liv,
Your items are beautiful and made with such quality materials. The pictures are nice and I love the live models. The only thing I could mention is that there are a very few of the backgrounds are so busy that they make the product a little hard to see. (dark chocolate wool hat). Other than that minor thing everything looks great. Love it! Happy selling!
Janine
0 Likes

Hi Janine

Love your earrings. I can see why your specialty is chandelier earrings - they are beautiful!! Keep on making them - the more you list the more chances you have of getting found.

My first impression was that your shop name does not match your shop items. I expected to find some animal or cat-related items in your shop. I have a rescue cat of my own and just love him.

Lovely listing photographs!

0 Likes

Hello SLS!

Your store is lovely. Your images convey a feeling that makes me want to purchase them. :) My one big critique would be to watermark your photos so that they can't just be saved to the computer and printed elsewhere. I know that it takes from the impact your images have when someone views your shop, but it might just get you more sales than not.

Otherwise, I like how they are organised...and they are reasonably priced.

I would also consider changing your store and personal image. The S clip art just doesn't do your store justice, nor does it show a potential customer the vibe of your store, or what you sell. It kind of turned me away before I studied your other images.
0 Likes

Bump

Hello SLS!

Your store is lovely. Your images convey a feeling that makes me want to purchase them. :) My one big critique would be to watermark your photos so that they can't just be saved to the computer and printed elsewhere. I know that it takes from the impact your images have when someone views your shop, but it might just get you more sales than not.

Otherwise, I like how they are organised...and they are reasonably priced.

I would also consider changing your store and personal image. The S clip art just doesn't do your store justice, nor does it show a potential customer the vibe of your store, or what you sell. It kind of turned me away before I studied your other images.
0 Likes

Hi Lacy!

Awesome items! And how smart to put "Favorite This Shop and Get a 10% Off Coupon!" in your Shop Announcement!

Some of your 2nd and 3rd items pictures are either a bit blurry or stretched. I would definitely reshoot to show off those lovely items!

For this item, I would definitely have the 2nd picture as the main picture, which really makes the item stand out, and communicates clearly that this is the item your selling. The current main picture is beautiful too, but there's a lot going on: rocks, leafs, background. And since it's all a bit in the same color scheme, the bracelet doesn't stand out...
https://www.etsy.com/listing/233341992/fancy-metal-chain-charm-bracelet-bronze?ref=related-6

Another thing I noticed is that you haven't used all your tags with certain products. I would definitely do that! Tags help you get found, and 2-3 words tags are the best (is what I read) so combine tags you have at the moment, add the color of your items, the materials, etc etc.

Other than that I think you're doing great, your reviews are awesome and really show that you're a dedicated shop owner!

Good luck, and happy sales! :)
0 Likes

lily
I love EVERYTHING in your shop!
such beautiful pictures for amazingly adorable items
very good prices as well
keep up the good work ;)
0 Likes
Boos3DPrinting
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Anne

let me start with a WOW!

There is lots for sale in your shop, your have great sections which makes it easier.
Your banner is personalised which is good to see. I like you owl paper clips and flower hair clip your items are lovely and at a very good price as well.
Well done, hope thing continue to go well

Regards
Breeshea
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Breeshea,
Straight away I was taken by your pieces of art. To me they look like
tapestries of beautiful seed beads\ Your coloration is well planned and very pretty. Your work is truly exquisite.some of your pieces look like Kumihimo technique. ( not spelling that correctly )
This is my opinion only. I think the quality and beauty of your work isn't shown as it could be in your photos. Your work is artistic intricate and very detailed. I think the background should be very muted to allow your pieces to command the attention. The lighting should be a little brighter. I think people get confused when to many things are going on in the photo. Anyway I love your pieces. I hope I am not to much.
I hope I'm not offending you. You do amazing work.
0 Likes

First of all, thanks Vera for the ideas. I have changed my avatars back to my original photo. I'll have to go back and check that I have watermarked every print and photograph, you must have caught one that I missed!

ShopDayle
Like your catchy name - a combo of Dee and Scottsdale?
fun shop with lots of reasonably priced items. I can see regulars coming back often to buy supplies.
Your personal avatar is nice and is related to the items in your shop. I think jewelry would make a nice shop avatar as well, and would feature one of your best items.

Listing photos are clear and focused, highlighting the product, but the listing backgrounds are all different colors and make the pages seem busy to me. How about using all one color background for all listings, or grouping the same background in one row (4 pink background listings, 4 black and so on)?

Nice work and good luck.
0 Likes

StockLaneStudios:

My first impression when I went to your site is that you were really promoting fall, with all the orange that I saw on the items at the top half of your first page. Very appropriate, since it is still fall in most places (but not up here in Alaska!!) You might want to transition to winter and Christmas soon on the top of your first page, but I'm sure you already know that.

Your banner is nice and announces how and where to find you on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.

I clicked on a Christmas Card and found that you had an extra service you gave the customer: That you send the card to the recipient already signed by the customer (purchaser). Nice way to "add value" to your product!

Can't really say anything bad. I think you do a great job with your product!
0 Likes

Hi Debbie,

My first impression on entering your first page, three words came to mind: cozy, beautiful and professional. You've done an excellent job making your shop cohesive. You have beautifully made items ad your photos look very natural and professional. I was surprised to see you just opened your shop! You have a great variety of items. As I'm fairly new to Etsy, I'm still trying to learn how to best present my items.

I love the tapestry pillows, especially the 12 days of Christmas :)

Gorgeous selection! I can't say anything negative. I like the gift wrap option. Beautiful job.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Heidi, I love that you have a very specific niche for your shop. You can probably get a lot of repeat customers! The one thing I noticed right away was that the pictures did not have ideal lighting. If you are looking to be added to a treasury or make front page then the images need to be really bright and clear.
I also saw that you have a large number of items already even though you are a new shop, that is great!

Good luck with your shop!!!!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.