In this Thread, tell the person above you, your first impressions of their shop. Good news, and bad news are all helpful.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: First Impressions

@ Chic Shed Jewelry

First impression - wow this is cool. Great unique items. Beautiful job on the photography. I REALLY love the natural wood backgrounds. Good luck!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

fantastic shop, great photography and stunning jewelry. My only suggestion is to raise prices on some of your earrings, like the ruby ones, higher!! I would look over pricing and up items in the $22 range to around $28. I think u are selling yourself way too short!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Karen,

Wow, your store has such a strong concept and clear targeted audience. This is so nice!

One thing I noticed though, is the lack of uniformity on your photos. For example, each and every one of the photos for the coasters are in different position and/or angle, and I just think that it'll be better if they are all photographed on one single angle.

There are also some photos that are a bit awkwardly cut off. Perhaps edit them a bit more so the text can be fully displayed?

But all in all, fun shop!

Best wishes from a fellow fangirl,
Mydeardear
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Mydeardear,

We sell similar stuff! I love your pictures and I love quotes. The only thing to stop me from buying is that I'm a kid without money. You really look like you're doing great. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

One question, does the keyword "typography" work well for you? Hasn't really for me.
0 Likes

Emily,

Your shop is nice, but you really, REALLY, need a cover image. You should also open with telling the buyer what your shop sells. You can thank them if they purchase something or favorite something etc.

Your jewelry pictures are really nice and show off your craft well, while your paintings need work. I couldn't tell they were paintings until I read the description, and that is not good. Generally, I believe that your pictures should speak for themselves. I would place them on a dresser, leaning up against a wall, and take a wider shot of them. I would also open your description with 'Religious Quote Painting' so that there is no doubt.

For my final bit of advice, reorganize your listings so that the paintings and the jewelry are spread out evenly. At first glance, I didn't even know you made jewelry until I scrolled to the bottom of the page. By placing a painting every three jewelry images or so, you give the eye time to focus on everything instead of just one thing.

I hope that helps you out!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Lacy Chains! It is very beautiful! You have style! And very nice photos! Just a fairy tale!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Irene,
Your photos are very clear and I like that you have the split views showing both the luminous and regular look.
I would suggest having a look at your postage. I noticed in your policies you ship world wide however when I looked at an item it only listed your postage price for Russia?
Hope this can help, good luck with the sales
0 Likes

Prudence
your shop is new and seems to be on the right path . Products are cute and original. Tags are used and the conditions of sale are accurate. My only comment is at the light which is not constant but can be adjusted easily.
It remains only to continue to fulfill the shop :)
Good luck!
0 Likes

Jolyane,

Your store is beautiful. I think your pictures are very nice, and suit your product. I do think that because your products are very similar, you might want to start out your listing title with whether or not the item is a digital buy. It would make it easier on the buyer to know that right off.

Otherwise, I think you are on the right track!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Lacy Chains you have a lovely store. Product images are lovely and clear and your store looks great. Two very minor observations:
I was slightly confused when I went to the About Shop Owner and it started with 'Clearance Sale' All Disney items.... You are obviously more experienced than I and maybe that is a good place to get things noticed, but it wasn't what I was expected.
Secondly in your 'shop cover image' (apologies if I have the terminology wrong) your shop name, blends into the background a little.
Good Luck
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Donna,

Your jewelries photos are pretty good already, but some of them featured dark shadows which lessen the product appeal, IMO.

I'm no expert in product photography, so here's a tutorial link that I think worth to be checked out:
http://www.noupe.com/inspiration/tutorials-inspiration/sale-as-seen-44-tutorials-on-how-to-shoot-per...

All the best! :D
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Mydeardear,

Your shop is so professional. You have perfect pictures (I'm struggling with that myself, so it was the first thing I noticed), your prices seem very reasonable and your descriptions answer any question I could think of. Just a great shop :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Gretchen,

My first impression is that I love your shop's name! Cute and memorable. I think you have good prices, but your photography seems a tad too bright. It's slightly hard to see.
I hope your shop has many sales and does well. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Emily,

I like your shop! I dig the name and your story in the shop info. Though with the shop information, I agree with Lacy. Add something that tells the reader, right off what you do.

Your jewelry is wonderful! I noticed that the white background helps some of your items but, there are others that it hinders. All the jewelry looks great but, some could use a complementing background, to really make them jump out at the viewer. (I'm working on this in my shop as well.)

Over all, you have a wonderful shop. I can't wait to see it grow!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your advice, Castigo. :) However, if my shop does not grow by at least one sale by July 31st, I'm closing it.
0 Likes

Castigo,

I love your creations :) but I think you should fix your photos a little. As I would consider using more of one colored backgounds (best is white, wooden or pastel colors) and ypu should lighten them up a little using "picmonkey" or "ipiccy" as i suppose the paper is white on your drawings but in the photos it looks rather gray.

Also you need longer titles as the longer the tittle the better (customer always reads the title first, so you should try to tell as much as possible to fit more people's needs.

And the last and most important- POLICIES
you deffenetly need to add your policies. That way you will seem more trustworthy and professional to a customer
I hope that helps :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Aiste,

Your Shop looks very well. Your listing images and descriptions are spot on. Your Shop banner is so cute! Absolutely well groomed and an on point. My only remark is that I saw a few typos on your About page, that would be best to fix. Other than that your policies and mini bio are great too :)
0 Likes

My first impression is you definitely need more products! But I see you're brand spanking new! 7 sales since Match! Pretty great!
I would get more product listed and vary the descriptions. The one thing I wondered was...what do they smell like? I wouldn't buy something that I don't know the scent.
But....you've got a good start!! Just more product!!

www.Etsy.com/shop/BeyondBowzBoutique
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

You have a lot of variation of products. It kind of seemed a little overwhelming when first going to your shop. Your picture quality and item detail was great.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Andrea Jewell, your bows are quite amazing and I love the shop sections, made it easier for me to find anything. The photos are good, one thing though is maybe put the size in the items title. At first I thought there was no size until I read the description. Apart from that, very good job with your shop
0 Likes

Hello Adesola!

I love your store. I think the one thing I would change is your title descriptions. With downloads, it is hard for people to picture what to do with art pieces or where to place them in a house. I would set out a purpose for each one in the beginning of the title, so that people can get ideas of what they can do with your art for their purposes. Otherwise, I think your images and store are beautiful.
0 Likes

First impression Lacy Chains is that you have some lovely items. I like your chokers and think the photography is done well for them. some other items, such as the silver chain link belt, have dark listing photography that makes the product hard to see.

I like your jewelry style and would like to know more about you in the 'About' page.

Good Luck
0 Likes

Hey there - there's hoping the next person will give their impression of my shop, since I am next in line (this is not a self-promotion thread).
0 Likes
ColoredRed
Inspiration Seeker

Stock Lane Studio......

Your pictures are wonderful! I love the variety and prices. The first page was especially nice because the rows flowed well, in terms of colors matching. The only thing I would change is your shop announcement. Maybe condense it. Sorry, I hope that helps.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.