MariaSoleil
Conversation Maker

Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

Thank you so much.  Yes, fairly recovered.  I didn't do a proper grocery shopping until yesterday when I figured all was safe!  I kind of overdid it!  We were living on fumes, so everything needed to be purchased.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Where is the typewriter? I loved it!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I changed it because it was so squashed looking but I can put it back : )

1 Like

Jump to solution

You put it back! Merci!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I very much miss the other side too.  Fascinating to read.  

Yesterday I talked politics with my dad a little.  We usually totally avoid it around him.  He made a little comment like “don’t forget it’s all trump’s fault”. And then something about it’s all just because Hillary lost....sigh.  Turned in to him talking about why should “they” get $15 an hour to flip burgers, and a story about how he rode 3 busses and 2 trains to get to his first job out of high school at a bakery for $1 an hour (1960 ish) and “they” would never do that....

And then on about how “they” just pop babies out to get $1000 per kid.  This is just one old white guy talking here.  But it confirmed what I’ve always known.  There is a huge racist component to trump supporters.  He’s not even necessarily a supporter of the man.  Just a scared old white guy watching his kind fall from the top.  

When I responded that no one can “work harder” than 40-60 hours a week and getting paid enough to work, live and even get more of an education he started looking at his phone...probably for some meme from his gun club friends to validate his POV.  

Thanks for reading.  I had to get it out.  It’s just sad.  No one will convince me that any trump supporter isn’t racist.  

4 Likes

Jump to solution

The sad thing is you are right.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I have a close family member who would get along great with your dad. For him everything wrong with the country is Obama & Pelosi’s fault. He blames every single current issue facing the country on Pelosi, reminding him that she hasn’t been Speaker for more than a month’ish and the Democrats have only just regained power in the House after years of GOP leadership has no bearing whatsoever as far as he’s concerned. Amazing disconnect with reality.

0 Likes
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, I have to agree. My boyfriend reads right wing websites, etc. and says the craziest stuff, athough sometimes I believe it's just to provoke me. Although he sure spouts off some suspiciously Russian sounding talking points, which I called him on recently. I mean, how can EVERY deal, pact and agreement with other countries be "Bad for the USA"? I don't think we're always sending our second stringers out there to negotiate important agreements.

You hit the nail on the head, Snowdrops. He's deathly afraid. So's his family--- they're obsessed with Obama, Hilary, Pelosi, Comey, etc. And the "they" people hardly touch their lives personally. Although for being adults, they act as if everything is cleaned, picked, landscaped and taken care of (in an affordable way) by magic.

Last night I couldn't even watch Andrew McCabe on "60 Minutes", as my boyfriend talked all through it, disparaging McCabe. The folks on the right are so afraid if you hear the truth or someone on the other side telling their version of what happened (With McCabe, apparently there's an investigation coming to determine the truth of his comments). As for me, I think the truth is gonna hurt, but needs to come out. So I keep searching and trying to understand.

I just watched the documentary "Active Measures" (thank God for pause and rewind, it moves quickly). I've also been reading a few books, too. Getting myself educated, slowly!

I also thank you guys for reading this ranty post :)

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Cale coming in when they changed the forums and closing our thread and leaving a snarky comment was grounds to get him banned.  He was so  much like the trump supporters were on those forums.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@deeshandmades  was Cale a moderator, and if so, how do you know he got banned? Just curious. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution
I don't every remember Cale or any of the mod's being snarky towards posters. He did from time to time remind us to behave when we got a little too snarky ourselves. Actually, outside of Bugs section I haven't really seen any of the mods since the rollout of the new forums.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

hey all. just posting to mark. ;)

1 Like

Jump to solution

EVERYONE is free to join this group. If you are offended by what is posted please don't read the teams posts here, OR, join and make your voice heard.

I am the moderator and I try to be fair to EVERYONE. Neither side understands what the other side sees but it can still be discussed. Chances are no ones mind will ever be changed but at least there is the chance of trying to understand what it is that the other side sees/believes. I also believe all  opinions count. When we start suppressing who we are our freedom is gone.

If you are not interested in participating then please just leave.

9 Likes

Jump to solution

Great advice, Brandy. Reading here is voluntary!

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Wait, is participation mandatory?  I usually lurk and sometimes participate.  I don't always have anything to add, but I enjoy reading along.  Did I miss something?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Former_Memberluckily no! I lurk a lot too!  I think what is meant is "agree to disagree but peacefully" because that's what politics SHOULD be all about.

0 Likes

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you @ChezSylvieinFrance .  That's good to know.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

33 minutes ago

Just In: Democrats on the House Oversight Committee have released an interim report based on multiple whistleblowers who say the Trump administration is rushing to transfer sensitive U.S. nuclear technology to Saudi Arabia in violation of federal law.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Lots of things are terrifying to me right now! This will be another. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Yeah, this is just crazy!  

1 Like

Jump to solution

Absolutely nothing surprises me anymore about this Administration. The Saudis are not ‘our’ friends, but past POTUS’ but especially the current POTUS kisses the Kingdom’s butt at every turn. I assume money & the Kingdom’s alliance with Russia is involved. trump can’t say no to Putin.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Money... well what do you expect? When everyone is killed because of unleashed nukes by murderous (word would be impolite, imagine), being rich won't change you being dead.

1 Like
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I wonder if you-know-who's son-in-law had something to do with this rushing to transfer U.S technology.......

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This is crazy. It means that the GOP former GOP Chair of this committee quashed this information. But it's straight up treason. I'm seeing Kushner and Flynn mostly, but you know Trump is getting his cut.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.