Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

Hi guys!!!!!  What a wonderful feeling to have found you.  Ok, now I can go quietly back to lurking (and it is going to take me weeks to figure this new format out).

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes

Jump to solution

Trump just stated that Obama put on more debt than every president in the history of our country combined.  I literally heard this "information" for the first time yesterday - on the radio in my car - Rush Limbaugh.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It's Bizarro World. That's the complete opposite of the truth, but they figure someone will believe it.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Checking in to make sure everyone is safe during this national crisis.  Going to warm up my chinese take out from last night during this invasion. 

4 Likes
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Right?! In the Rose Garden he was droning on and on about ........... whatever. I just put the TV on mute. This fake emergency even had CBS turning away before he was done speaking. Thank God they went back to regular programming.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Well - Chinese takeout, because Trump has been making such great deals with Chiner! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

* raises hand * 🖐 all safe here. Does anyone know.... has any other U.S. President declared a fake National Emergency before? 

It really seems to me that those funds be saved for an actual  emergency.

This “emergency” has been carefully crafted through propaganda, lies, and fear mongering.

Life imitates art... wag the dog comes to mind. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

“Some of the generals think that this is more important. I was speaking to a couple of them. They think this is more important than what they were going to use it for,” said Trump, who didn’t name any of those generals.

Some is vastly different from a couple. Anyway we know that there weren't any  generals. Just marbles rolling around in trump's head.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has returned to court.   Great news!

7 Likes

Jump to solution

Good, since Kavanaugh voted as we all thought he would as a puppet of trump.

The Supreme Court has issued a number of important rulings on its “shadow docket”. In three of these rulings, Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh has more than lived up to President Donald Tump's expectations that he will be far to the right on the court, including on crucial issues for the Trump administration.

Votes by Kavanaugh and Gorsuch were recently almost enough to allow a restrictive Louisiana anti-choice law to go into effect, even though it is virtually identical to a Texas provision struck down by the Supreme Court three years ago

As one commentator put it, if the court had declined the stay, the net result would have made Roe v. Wade "all but dead"

Trump’s appointees both dissented, with Kavanaugh writing a separate dissent suggesting that the plaintiffs file another stay request later if needed. Progressives have already referred to Kavanaugh’s vote and opinion in again criticizing Sen Susan Collins (R-Maine) for her key vote to confirm Kavanaugh.

1 Like

Jump to solution

China’s exports shot up unexpectedly in January because of a surge in exports to the European Union and Southeast Asia, and the front-loading of orders ahead of the Lunar New Year holiday.

Data from China’s General Administration of Customs released on Thursday showed that January’s exports rose 9.1 per cent from a year earlier, beating a median forecast of economists by Bloomberg, which had predicted a 3.3 per cent decline.

Exports to the European Union jumped 14.5 per cent in January from a year earlier, while exports to Asean improved by 11.5 per cent.

U.S. import and export prices both decreased in January, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Friday.

Prices for U.S. imports declined 0.5 percent in January, following a 1.0 percent drop the previous month and a 1.7 percent drop in November 2018. The 3-month drop was the largest decrease since the index fell 3.1 percent from July to October 2015.

trump & co still do not understand that there are always other countries ready to step up & fill the demand. China is definitely winning the trade war.

Canada is exporting less to the US while expanding markets in the EU under the CETA trade agreement. With CETA, 98% of EU tariff lines are now duty‑free for Canadian goods. Once CETA is fully implemented, the EU will have eliminated tariffs on 99% of its tariff lines.

Canada's top export to the EU is aluminum. Much cheaper to buy this product from Canada than the US due to trump's trade tariffs.

I am happy to see more UK products in the grocery stores that I remember from my childhood & visits to see family in England. I have had to bring them back with me, but now I am happy to see that they are on the grocery shelves.

I have found it very easy to substitute US products with either Canadian, Mexican or UK products. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

A must watch!  "Addressing U.S. allies at the Munich Security Conference, Mike Pence is met with silence as he tells the audience: "I bring greetings from the 45th president of the United States of America, President Donald Trump."

Pence waited for the applause, and it never came. 

7 Likes

Jump to solution

From NPR  - Then on Saturday, in Munich, German Chancellor Angela Merkel addressed the security conference with several critiques of U.S. foreign policy – and received a sustained standing ovation.

President Trump's daughter, Ivanka, who was in the audience, did not join the applause that followed. Daddy is not popular which means she is not popular.

A new Pew Research Center poll suggests that Germans believe Russia's Vladimir Putin and China's Xi Jinping handle world affairs better than President Trump.

Interesting poll to see how each country's citizens rate trump's performance over Merkel, Macron, Xi Jinping, putin

Canada gives trump 25%, Merkel 68%, Macron 64%, Xi Jinping 42%, putin 25%

Low confidence in Trump internationally

Highest confidence from countries that trump admires - Philipines, Israel etc

No confidence - Dismal in most countries, even Russians give him a thumbs down.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Sarah Sanders said it was a moment of silence. Like he died or something.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

One thing that trump cannot role back is Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize & that really stings.

Trump even vented frustration that his Democratic predecessor, Barack Obama, was given the Nobel Peace Prize — “He was there for about 15 seconds and got the Nobel prize” — while he will likely never get one for the current administration’s work with North Korea.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

didn't he just claim that the Japanese Prime Minister nominated him for it? In a beautiful 5 page letter?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

PM Abe was ASKED to write a letter to nominate Trump, by "someone in the US". 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Ivanka at a Security Conference. Pence I could understand, Ivanka no. It's also reported that Trump not sharing his thoughts/plan on Middle East Peace Plan with our allies. They will have no heads-up on it & won't be able to at least give input. So possibly any US Official should begin to expect a cold shoulder(?)

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The two nominations for him for Nobel peace prize last year were found to be fake, and nobody in Japan, including Abe, have responded or confirmed his latest boast.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This from HuffPo this morning:

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize — but he did so at the U.S. government’s prompting, according to a Sunday report in Japan’s Asahi Shimbun.

Government sources told Asahi, one of Japan’s oldest and largest national newspapers, that Abe nominated Trump last fall for the peace prize at the “behest of Washington.” The U.S. had “informally” asked Japan to nominate Trump for the accolade following the president’s landmark summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, the newspaper said, citing unnamed sources.

0 Likes
MariaSoleil
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I really miss our old politics thread.  (Not that this one is bad...I just missing having both sides.  I found it fasicnating.)  

7 Likes

Jump to solution

me, too.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I miss them too. The fireworks were interesting! and very informative - it was hard to believe (or accept) how opposite and divided people can become.

Also, it was enlightening to read how some just parrot their favorite "news". And to realize these catch phrases are used by the extreme right all over Europe too.

Walls won't change the fact we are all living on the same planet.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I prefer to talk fact based arguments. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Former_Member - Good to see your avatar & post here. Yes, I too miss the exchange & different opinions. Anything that is not to the extreme on either side is always interesting to mull over.

Hope you & your family recovered from the shutdown & things are relatively back to normal.

Dottysmom

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.