Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

we are such a laughing stock worldwide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwrswvqv8sY

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Jump to solution

From the comments thayt I read, the trump supporters missed the fact that these are renowned for its tongue-in-cheek take on contemporary issues. This year's parade focused primarily on world politicians and environment themes. It is a satatirical float, not one to be proud of. I bet trump will also miss this fact.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I bet trump will also miss this fact.

Like when Bush used Springsteen's "Born in the USA" not realizing what the song is actually about

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'm here!  This is hard to follow.  Hope I can find you again!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

So people are finding out that the tax bill did not really work out well for them as trump had promised.  So, what is he going to try to sell them now?  I hear that he has a rally coming up. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The national debt has been rising at a faster rate following the passage of President Donald Trump’s $1.5 trillion tax-cut package a little more than a year ago and as the result of congressional efforts to increase spending on domestic and military programs. The nation has added more than $1 trillion in debt in the last 11 months alone.

Another record for trump. He is stacking up an amazing amount of negative records in record time and he is supposed to be such a good businessman.

1 Like
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

It's true that many may be mistaken about their background. A friend of mine who is (was? we haven't met for a while) in our writing group was writing a YA novel that was based on her ancestors before and during the Civil War. She's of mixed race and the family was considered free black in New York back then, but according to family lore had some Native American in the mix.

Anyway, the NA part came up in her book a couple of times. I forget why, but she decided to take a DNA test, and lo and behold--- no NA DNA. Long story short, she was confused and had to talk to family about it and had to change quite a bit of the book. She said she'd heard about the NA ancestors from her grandmother and great grandmother, so why wouldnt you believe the family stories?

Anyway, I don't hold the fact that Elizabeth Warren didn't know about her DNA against her, I've long admired her, but not sure if she's the one for president at this time.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I think people who want to run for office should not be allowed to start campaigning until a year, or less, before the election. Two years of this to go and I'm sick of it already and dread the next two years of fighting. Secondly, they should eliminate the outdated electoral college before the election. Thirdly, please Mr Mueller hurry up!

6 Likes

Jump to solution

Agree 100% - am so tired of hearing "breaking news" about 2020 elections. And while I'd love to see Mueller's report tomorrow, I'd rather he leave no stone unturned even if it takes another 6 months. Do not want a "report" like the Senate Committe saying "we have no hard evidence of Trump/Russia collusion" when a simple connect-the-dots summation opens too many additional questions.

Sorry, thought this was nested under DiBeau, but guess I still haven't figured this whole new forum thing out yet.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

We don't get it over here. Electioneering ahead of general elections is limited to 3 weeks. That's more than enough for anyone outside the Westminster bubble.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Trump is "not happy"

3 Likes
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Hard to be happy when your negotiating skills aren't up to par--- I mean isn't this new deal kind of worse than all the previous deals? Apologies to Margo in "All About Eve", but we better fasten our seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy week!

0 Likes

Jump to solution
It's official Ann Coulter does not like it. She called it Trump's New Yellow Deal. I guess he won't be signing it unless sane voice are louder that than the TV.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

He probably won't sign the deal, and knows he can't call another shutdown, so he'll claim it's an emergency and take money from the disaster funds for CA and Puerto Rico.

He has no negotiating skills. It's his bullying skills that aren't working.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

$50,000 state-of-the-art golf simulator installed at White House during government shutdown: report

https://www.salon.com/2019/02/13/50000-state-of-the-art-golf-simulator-installed-at-white-house-duri...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If it was made by the Danish company TrackMan, who say they have made simulators for Trump’s courses in Florida, Virginia and Scotland then  MAGA still doesn't apply to trump & his toys. There is a company in Florida that makes them.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This will be used for his daily "executive time".  I wonder what his scores are in golf? With the amount of time he spends playing he should be good, but in every picture of him taking swings he looks terrible. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Wondering when this madness will end!! 

*Happy to have found this thread in the morass that the Etsy forums has become. Hello to all you good people!!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Insider info from Rush Limbaugh - I listen on the car radio - only to and from the Post Office to mail out orders.  About 7 minutes each way - it's enough to get the pulse of what's going on, believe me.  Anyway - today Rush played a montage of news clips of people saying that Rush told Trump to sign the deal.  Rush scoffed at the mere idea that Trump is not smart enough to make his own decisions, and mocked snidely, in his condescending way, that the MSM were the fools for thinking this.  Then he went on to say that Trump had nothing to gain by having another shutdown, since the Democrats will never give him what he needs, and will sign the agreement, THEN declare a national emergency to re-allocate all the billions he/we already has for the complete wall, which according to Rush, is already well underway.   Just his prediction.

Kathie - reporting from the field

1 Like

Jump to solution

hi to everyone that has found us, glad you did. : )

1 Like

Jump to solution

Push to include contractor back pay in funding deal hits GOP roadblock

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/429827-push-to-include-contractor-back-pay-in-funding-deal-hits-g...

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Interesting read.

Other headlines that caught my attention while reading the article

Utility votes to shut coal plant Trump tried to save

US retail sales suffer steepest drop in nine years

I especially like this one - Judge rules Sandy Hook families can depose Alex Jones in defamation case

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Whitehouse will declare a national emergency to obtain funding for border Wall. (Today: Source: Fox News and others)

So then what happens when we have a real national emergency?

doh 🤦‍♀️

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I just knew trump would come up with something to appease his base. I saw an article that trump's numbers jumped slightly after shutdown was over. This is all about seeing his numbers grow. It has nothing to do with safety.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

All trump has is created crisis and chaos, it helps him avoid real work. He thinks no one will notice he has no clue but most have it figured out by now. He is a bad joke.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.