Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

She only cares when a Trump, any Trump, is being bullied.

Well maybe not any Trump.  If this kid wasn't white her response would most likely be

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

The Anti-Defamation League’s annual report on extremist killings in the United States was released Wednesday.  They found that individuals linked to right-wing extremist movements committed every single extremist-related murder in the country in 2018.

"ADL’s Center on Extremism found that 2018 was the fourth-deadliest year on record for domestic extremist-related killings since 1970."

"2018 was a particularly active year for right-wing extremist murders: Every single extremist killing — from Pittsburgh to Parkland — had a link to right-wing extremism."

https://www.adl.org/adl-releases-new-report-highlighting-increase-in-us-incidents-of-murder-and-extr...

https://www.adl.org/murder-and-extremism-2018

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Incel/manosphere movement - Not so much that they initially hate women, but they believe that women were put on earth to serve men. That is the reason why women exist, so when a woman fails to comform to their belief, then they become angry & hate for women starts to develop.

Their goal is not to be happy, but to control women & punish who they consider "bad" women. These men don't agree with gender equality, feminism or what they consider feminity to mean.

The Women's Marches throughout the world, strong women in government, high profile women politicians, wherever they feel that women should not be, can morph into their subscribing to the manosphere movement.

Getting together byway of social media allows for increased rage, and a desire to inflict harm on others. Their logic is that the victims can also experience first-hand the suffering which Incels feel they’ve had to endure for a lifetime.

2 examples in Canada - Marc Lepin, the killer in the 1989 École Polytechnique Massacre in Montreal & Alek Minassian, who rented a truck and used it to kill ten people in Toronto.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

That does not surprise me at all sadly. Disturbing? Very much so, but not a surprise. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Replying to Brandy's post about the State of the Union ad requesting donations

The request dropped to bargain price after awhile

After initially asking donors to send at least $35 in exchange for having their names scrolled during a live stream of the president's speech, the Trump campaign later send out an email solicitation saying only one dollar would do.

"Even if you choose to only give $1, the proof of your support will send shockwaves around the world as they see every American who proudly stands behind our President," said the pitch signed by the president's son, Eric Trump.

Dumb & dumber trump #2 has taken over from #1. don jr must be keeping his head down in order not to be noticed by Mueller.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Really unbelievable, unacceptable, unpresidential and every other 'un' I can think of. Where is the donated money going? Straight to trump's pocket?

1 Like

Jump to solution

Today is the Year of the Pig and the same day of the State of the Union address.

Pelosi has a sense of humor.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

trump SOTU = Night of the Pig

4 Likes
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Stacy sounded good last night, I thought.

1 Like

Jump to solution
Yes, she did have a good speech last night. I did not get to see all the President's speech last night, it seemed he stuck with the teleprompter and didn't go rogue like some people hoped he would. I did get a chuckle when he talked about this isn't time for revenge and pettiness even though at times his administration is full of both.
0 Likes
OwlTalk
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

@PacificKnots,

Yeah, I believe that's the line that prompted Nancy Pelosi to do the "clap back", a meme that's now all over the internet. The comments and Photoshop Battles are pretty funny.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Trump is in good health.  Let's clap to that.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I doubt anyone believes this doctor. How embarassing for the medical profession to have someone like him doing a physical on a president.  trump's meds show that he has health issues that need managing & pharmaceuticals are being used to manage these health issues.

All those hair dyes cannot be helping either.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"World leaders have a 23% greater risk of premature death."

0 Likes

Jump to solution

except for the dictators who seem to live forever

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I don't believe the doctors one bit.  He's obese, eats nothing but junk/fast food and soda, sits around all day watching tv and pretending to work, gets no exersize except walking around a golf course almost every weekend, stays up all night tweeting. Not to mention all the anger and stress he carries around with him. Not exactly a healthy life style. I would bet he takes a fistful of meds every day.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

he believes he's fooling everyone by having the Dr.'s state how wonderful his health is. He doesn't seem to understand that we can see thru him.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

He doesn't walk around golf courses, he uses carts. Hence the money we spend renting carts from Trump so the SS can keep up with him.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thoughts on Elizabeth Warren officially running for president? I imagine many are going to just say that she is just another Hillary. I really don't know much about her. She seems very genuine.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have never really cared for her. It bothers me that she threw the Native American thing around without checking it out first. This also signals to me that she acts before checking things out first which would not be good for a politician. 

1 Like

Jump to solution
0 Likes

Jump to solution

I like her, but I don't think she's exciting enough to get the majority behind her. I don't know a ton about her, but think she's very different from Hillary. Hillary had lots of corporate donors and I think Warren's ties donors are more individuals and socially aware groups - this is just an impression that I have, not a fact. She does seem very genuine. 

I think I've mentioned before that I have a similar story regarding Native American ancestry. We actually had someone in our family do extensive ancestry research back in the 70s and she published a book with her findings. She found that we had a NA ancestor, from the Sac and Fox tribe. So, since I was a child, I've know that I had an NA ancestor. My nephew recently had a DNA test that didn't show one bit of NA ancestry. From what I've learned since, the DNA results may not show everything.  We all grow up with family stories and believe them to be true, and I certainly can't fault her for believing hers without proof.  

2 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I don't think she can be compared to Hillary.  Although that doesn't seem to be stopping many on the right from comparing her to Hillary, calling her Hillary 2.0, etc.  I think she's to the left of Hillary on many issues, but I'm not 100% sure about her.

I consider myself a progressive.  I fall more on the side of Bernie and AOC.  I always thought Elizabeth Warren was more of a progressive, but some of her choices leave me scratching my head at times.  That said, I do like her.  I particularly like when she stands up to the big banks.  But I do think a lot her moves are calculated.  She sticks her finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing before she makes a move and I don’t like that.  Right now she’s third on my list.  I’ll vote for her over any of the other corporate or centrist dems throwing their hats into the ring.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

This is a good article about Warren that touches on some of the issues I have with her.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/17/elizabeth-warren-no-longer-darling-of-the-left-commentary.html

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Still watching her with interest but we have a long way to go before elections.

I have to add my personal experience concerning the Native American issue. Our family, like Warren's, has always had stories of Native American ancestry. My great-grandmother was 100% NA and went to live with my father’s family rather than on a reservation. My uncle, once, tried to get a low-rate government loan for a business based on the fact that he was 1/4 NA but had no proof whatsoever that he had any NA blood, and was refused the loan. I guess there were no records kept back then, especially if you were not on a reservation. It was the first time our family ever tried (or needed) to prove ancestry and realized we couldn’t. The stories of my father and grandparents are good enough for me. No reason for them to make it up, brag about it, or deny it. It’s just always been a part of who we are.  

So when Warren talked about her family’s NA ancestry, I believed her. I’m sure there are a lot of families in America that have similar stories but could not prove any of it if they needed to. Why she would claim “American Indian” on any documents back in the 80s is a question I would like answered but . . . yaaaawn . . . wake me if she starts grabbing pu**y or compliments the kkk.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.