Hi Team,

Following is info and instructions for everyone participating in the testing of the TeamSocial retweeting App. 22 members signed up to test however including members already signed up for the app we are a total of 33.

For the Test we will need to do the following:

1. SCHEDULE OUR RECURRING #ETSYMNTT TWEETS - 5 PER DAY
Let each set up 6 tweets w/ our hashtag. If you need a way to AUTO-TWEET sign up for http://etsysocial.com/. If you have a subscription that expired let me know and I will renew it.

6 x 33 = 198 retweets each per day
in our twitter account, i'm thinking that will look like each of us posting 8 team retweets per hour

2. SIGN UP FOR TEAMSOCIAL - http://teamsocial.me/
Log into your twitter account that you use for the Team. Then follow the http://teamsocial.me/ link. Their system will recognize you as being part of our Team. Let me know if you have any problems getting set up.

3. TEAMSOCIAL 1 WEEK FREE TRIAL
Once we are all signed up that the TeamSocial site I will be in communication with Danial, the developer to establish that we all have a 1 week free trial active.

4. IF YOU ARE ON OTHER TEAMS
If you are already signed up with the app and retweeting with another, you will not be able to retweet with the team using TeamSocial :( The app is currently not set up to allow for multiple teams...not yet.

Here are the members signed up to test:
1. PrayLoveYoga - www.etsy.com/shop/PrayLoveYoga
2.CraftySchmantzy - www.etsy.com/shop/CraftySchmantzy
3. ClaraRuthScarves - www.etsy.com/shop/ClaraRuthScarves
4.LarisJewelryDesigns - www.etsy.com/shop/larisjewelrydesigns
5.Bunny Candles, www.etsy.com/shop/TwoLadiesAndBunny
6.LMcreation - www.etsy.com/shop/LMcreation
7. Studio Emma Kaufmann
www.etsy.com/shop/studioemmakaufmann
8. DeegeeMarieGifts - etsy.com/shop/DeegeeMarieGifts
9. CarvedByHeart - www.etsy.com/shop/carvedbyheart
10.Accent and Accessorize
Www.etsy.com/shop/accentandaccessorize
11. https://www.etsy.com/ie/shop/AluraCrafts?
12.JoyfulByNature - www.etsy.com/shop/JoyfulByNature
13. TheVintageWeaver- www.etsy.com/shop/thevintageweaver
14.BonnieLouLane - www.Etsy.com/shop/BonnieLouLane
15. SweetpeaOnlineGifts - www.etsy.com/shop/sweetpeaonlinegifts
16. Normasbath - www.etsy.com/shop/normasbath
17. EVerre - www.etsy.com/shop/EVerre
18. Caustic Threads - www.etsy.com/shop/causticthreads
19. Nancys Crystal Fantasy - www.etsy.com/shop/NancysCrystalFantasy
20. thecraftspottoshop - www.etsy.com/shop/thecraftspottoshop
21. SCFashioncreations - www.etsy.com/shop/SCFashioncreations
22. SwirlingOrange11 - https://www.etsy.com/shop/SwirlingOrange11

Additional Team members signed up at TeamSocial:

TBL Candles
Lilyspad58
SunnyWorryBeads
EarthEnergyGemstones
TappingGrandma
MartisAnne
CardsByMormorJan
UrbanPearlStudio
MelEpicStictching
MoonLitPrints
JKCMurano

When you are ready for the test, PLEASE SOUND OFF below letting me know with the following: "5 #etsymntt tweets set! / TeamSocial set!"

I'm thinking we will all be set up and ready by Wednesday to officially start of the test.

Let me know if I've over looked anything or if you have questions or need any help!

Thanks Team!!! Have a wonderful Holiday everyone!
Clarissa

PS You may want to HOLD OFF purchasing a subscription to the app during the test.
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: TeamSocial Retweet Test Update

Jump to solution
first let me start by saying I think this is a good tool to use and can be very useful. However my problem is just like the members above here said, I am retweeting but not getting many retweets. Also my Biggest concern is Somehow and I don't know how, the Team is retweeting a Sold item from last November. Its nowhere on in my store, its nowhere on my computer,I don't have doubles of it, Where did they get the listing!!!! and When does this Trial End???
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Clarissa, I have revoked the Team Social access to my twitter account. I do hope we're able to find an app that will work for our team. Thanks for all you do.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thanks Team for sharing feedback! I will be back later today to share some thoughts!

Have a great day everyone!!
Clarissa
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I seem to be lucky with this. I have had four sales this month and you kind team mates seem to be retweeting my tweets like the good old days. Nothing like as many of course, also terrible numbers of visits compared to this time last year, but more sales ?!?
so..... I'm sticking with it for the time being.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Jan,

The way thing are measured around her have changed. We used to get huge view numbers but apparently they included bot visits. Once bots were largely eliminated from views, then we still had to contend with the fact that if our item showed up on a search but was not clicked it still counted as a view. Also, if a single customer clicked on a number of listing in your shop each click was counted as a separate view. So our numbers were quite inflated.

Visits are count if someone actually clicks and lands on a listing, your shop or a section in your shop. I don't know how someone's browsing through your shop counts.

Lets find out.

1. I just went to your shop Jan from a Teams page so I thing the source will be Teams. I then visited two listings on your front page

2. I then clicked on this listing: https://www.etsy.com/listing/522267048/lighthouse-cards-stormy-seas-cards?ref=shop_home_active_1

3. I clicked on this listing
https://www.etsy.com/listing/263764007/watercolour-handmade-art-card-gift-for?ref=listing-shop-heade...

4. I went to your shop page

5. Clicked on your Mothers Dey section

6 Clicked on this listing: https://www.etsy.com/listing/495817262
/mothers-day-car-freesia-flower-heart?ref=shop_home_active_3

So, wait several hours, since the stat now take up to 5 hours to refresh, and check out your stats between 5 and 6 PM eastern time today. I would love to know.
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution
I have logged into Google analytics for the first time since last fall and am showing MINIMAL like 6 tweets per day, not hour, I do NOT think Etsy's stats are correct even if you wait the five hour delay (which is ridiculous).

I believe if there there is a way to get retweets on a "hashtag" thru IFTTT (If This, Then That) which is free. The caveat is it would have to be manually set up to tweet by person. If we broke the entire team down into say mini teams of 25, this may be the answer and it is free, trackable and reliable. I have looked into this for a few months actually and wonder if anyone wants to try this? Say five members total?

I will create a "recipe" as IFTTT uses the word recipes to set up whatever social sharing you want. If it works we could then move from there. Since I have not had a sale in months, I am hesitant to invest any more money in Etsy (promoting it) when I am getting nothing in return.

Clarissa, I am eager to see what you think of this new Etsy Fu app and maybe take a peek at IFTTT (http://bit.ly/2sqqxNa).

Another thought, as I am on many twitter teams, but this could be used for instagram too, is to manually retweet 5 tweets for say 10 people (again the team would need to be broken down into mini teams) this way it takes less than ten minutes, people tweet at different times and in different time zones so it is spread out over many hours, and once finished, we sign in on a team thread "finished" and wa la, you have guaranteed 50 tweets a day.

This has worked for years and when the team was 20 people it was great. I actually generated sales from this. It is fast and easy to do Just a thought to resolve the having to pay issue. Roundteam was great ... they should have grandfathered us all in in my opinion. Happy Sunday All.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Yona,
Thank you so much for your reply to my post. I have taken a look and there does seem to be a spike in my listing visits around the time you mention.
I have taken a screen shot I will send it to you via email as I don't know how to insert it here.
Thanks again
Jan
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
My trial has expired
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Mine has expired too. If I am understanding the color coding on the TeamSocial site correctly, all but 3 of us have expired.
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution
Yeah, this test was not thorough enough, for me, to assess whether I would use it ... I know my views came from Clarissa's site, not too sure about this app.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Team!

Thank you all for taking part in the test! I agree with Swirling a week was way brief, however with that said, here's what i think:

1. TeamSocial is a good app that works best for a small number of people retweeting together using a team hashtag just a couple times a day...and that's not us!

Yes, we could splinter into small groups, ie 10 groups of 20 but to me that would defeat our purpose of us retweeting as a Team. I didn't like it when we split into 3 groups of 90. Breaking down into even smaller groups feels like the wrong direction.

2. Maintaining a subscription to get retweeted & subsequently going in and out of 'retweeting but not getting retweeted' is bound to be a constant sticking point for team members

So Team I propose that we build our own retweet app! Thank you Swirling for continuing to suggest we take matters into our own hands!

I'm going to add Auto-Retweeting via a Twitter List to EtsySocial and with that, I will revamp EtsySocial's subscription structure to something nominal like $30 for the year?

I'm speaking with my developer and should have more info to share with you tomorrow!

And as for TeamSocial, any members who would like to organize themselves to use it are welcome to do so....just convo me so that it can be done in a thought out manner.

Okay Team, I'm really excited! We are moving forward!!! :D

Clarissa
0 Likes
JoyfulByNature
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
The new app idea sounds good, Clarissa. What kind of time frame are you thinking it will be ready to test?

Meanwhile is there any use for #etsymntt? If so, can we put it back into more of our tweets?

Thank you!

Sue
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution
Clarissa I am all in if it is your site, we know you are ethical and mindful that we all are receiving what we are paying for! Please keep us informed. I do think we need a "NEW" hashtag as many many many (1000's Kudos for etsymntt!!!) use our hashtag that are not on our team. Possibly one that changes on a 6 month basis ... Perhaps Emntt17 or something along those lines ... I am SO HAPPY "YOUR" site will be the starting point. It is obvious yours is working as it was designed. THANK YOU for your devotion and dedication. This is a great team, been here since the inception and would love to see it completely in gear again seeing etsy is a mess at the moment, at least for me. Keep us posted!!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I would be ok with paying $30.00 a year to have the retweets we had at this time last year.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'm excited about this Clarissa. And if it can be worked out, a rotating hashtag is a good idea.
Thanks so much!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I would gladly pay $30 a year to regain what we once had as a team. I'm in for whatever that Clarissa deems appropriate ... AND THANK YOU, CLARISSA!
0 Likes
JoyfulByNature
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Ditto for me, Clarissa 😊
0 Likes
JoyfulByNature
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Until the new app is ready, does it matter how many times we use our #etsymntt per day?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Great idea, count me in.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
Sound Great Clarissa!!!
I would be okay with paying $30.00 a year to have the retweets
Since I haven't been with this group very long, I don't have any reference to what it Was before. But Excited to give it a try!!!

Thank You So Much Clarissa for All that You do!!!!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Thank you Clarissa for everything you are doing and Swirling and all the other team mates who've made such good suggestions. I would be willing to pay $30 for a new app service along the lines you have spoken about. Even during this short experiment and with being back on Etsy Social, my sales have gone up in June noticeably which is very exciting for me.
0 Likes
Lilyvancebeads
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Sounds great. I'm on board.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
$30.00 dollars a year sounds like a bargain. I'm on board too:)

0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Team!

I am SUPER excited...I just sent the follow up write up to our etsysocial developer describing the rules/conditions for our Auto-Retweet tool to do what we need it to do! Once he has a look he will give us a timeline!

Also Team, on a side note, once we get the Auto Retweet working, I want you to know that I plan to revamp the Auto Tweet feature on EtsySocial to make it more dynamic! I have a couple new bells and whistles in mind!

Lastly, regarding our hashtag, as some of you have suggested, perhaps we do need a fresh start. So that's something we will take a closer look at before our new auto-retweet tool is ready!

Thanks Team!!! Happy Father's Day!!!
Clarissa
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Sue, now that we are done with the test it's fine to use the Team hashtag as before, once per hour.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.