Team Retweets w/ New App TeamSocial

Jump to solution
Hi Team!

For those of us who participate in Team Retweeting, I am please to share with you news of a new auto retweeting app called TEAMSOCIAL from the developer of TwitterFu (formerly known as EtsyFu). A BIG thank you to our Teamie Gloria of EarthEnergyGemstones for all her work with the developer bringing this new app into being!

There are some concerns to be looked at given our Team size and the volume of our retweets. I am hopeful that TeamSocial will ultimately meet our retweet needs. In the meantime, we can get started testing it out!

I have created a new Twitter list "Etsymntt" that brings us all back into 1 list. Next we all just need to got to the TeamSocial website and and join our Team - "Etsymntt".

Go to: http://teamsocial.me/

It is my understanding that it may take about 24-48 hours for the retweeting to get into full swing.

I will be gathering more details in my discussions with the developer and as we check it out!

Please feel free to post any questions below!!!

Thanks Team!!!
Clarissa
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Team Retweets w/ New App TeamSocial

Jump to solution
Hi Team!

I had a very productive discussion with Daniel looking at the logistics of how his app works and the implications for us using it to auto-retweet.

Here is the skinny of what we discussed:

1. First, subscription plasn are for getting retweeted - when you pay $5.99 that allows for you to get retweeted 400 times.

2. However many times per day you use the team hashtag x the number of members on the team = how many times you will be retweeted.

ie if you use the Team hashtag 3 times in a day x 224 members = 672 retweets for you

That is how it would work you, me and every member using #etsmntt 3 times a day.

In turn we would each be responsible for generating 672 retweets on our Twitter accounts. 672 retweets spread across 24 hours would be 28 retweets an hour for each of us to have posted to our twitters!

So it's easy to see that for a team our size that could all be problematic.

Clearly, we need:

1. an unlimited plan

2. a way to control the number of team retweets posted via our twitter accounts

3. how to make using the team hashtag more dynamic on his app where are able to use it more than once a day and not have it be a problem.

4. lastly, we need an extended trial period.

He said he was glad to have an understanding of our needs and would look to see what might be possible. I'm looking forward to hearing from him possibly tomorrow.

I don't expect that he will be in a position to offer us a free service, however I am hopeful that a deal can be worked out that we can all get behind. Let's see what he comes back to us with and take it from there!

Thanks Team!!
Clarissa

View solution in original post

0 Likes
51 Replies
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution
Clarissa, this sign up states it is only free for a week! Since it was created for us and there are many users, and we are TESTING THIS from what i understand, do we get to try it for 6 mos free? A FAIR reduced price or what? I find it disheartening that we are being made to pay yet again, this is what roundteam did ... this could be not cool down the road.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution
I am a bit concerned about the payment options as well. Will this be rolled into what we already pay ($21.00 every 3 months) or will this incur additional charges for each member? One other question: can we start adding additional hashtags to our tweets?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I signed up this morning for Team Social. I paid $9.99 for the 800 retweets package. I didn't bother to wait until my one week trial was over. I'm so busy that I just went ahead and joined, so I won't have to think about it again for a while. I'll see if my shop now has more viewing activity, which is so slow that it is almost nonexistent at this point.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I would like to know the terms and conditions before I join. Also how frequent are the retweets. I don't want to be retweeting too frequently. I certainly don't want to pay for this. I just don't sell enough to justify the outlay. Can we carry on doing manual retweets as we have done for the past few months?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Team!

Thank you for your questions! I will be speaking with Daniel and sharing our thoughts with him and will have more information for you shortly!!

@Swirling - actually this is not the developer that was seeking our input. This app has been developed independent of us. SO there will need to be some exploration and discovery to see what's what with respect to our needs.

I've already advised Daniel that I will be sharing our initial concerns and your posting here is helpful! So please feel free to continue posting your question here in this thread so that we can hash this out as a Team!

I agree...

1. the 1 week trial period is too short for us.
2. while the service does not need to be free, we will need a reasonable plan that fits the bill for our retweet volume.
3. we will need to understand specifically how the service functions and what we can expect to see in our twitter feeds.

So Team, we can continue to manually retweet. Our manual retweet list is still in place.

I will be speaking the developer in the morning and will report back my finding then!

Thanks Team!
Clarissa
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Clarissa

As I'm already signed up with a different team is there a link to Etsymntt for teamsocial?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Patrice! Not sure how it all works since you are on another team but try this link: http://teamsocial.me/team/etsymntt

However I will be asking that question tomorrow!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I try to manually retweet, and I do, but some days it is just impossible. Having said that, and it's probably my own fault, manual retweeting just isn't working for me; my stats are BEYOND horrible! Usually no more the 35 - 38 views a day ... and that's a good day! In the old days of Round Team I used to often get 1,000 views a day. Sad.
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution
I would like to know the terms and I wrote twitterfu to see how to unsubscribe. What concerns me is there is no transparency as to how to do so, it is simply removing app from twitter, but I had to email them and wait to find out. I am hesitant to pay for anything without understanding the full details. THIS PARTICULAR APP, if you read the fine print states that if you do NOT PAY you still retweet others but you are not retweeted, THIS IS WRONG. IF you don't pay you should simply be put in an isolation type status, no tweeting or RETWEETING this is the biggest concern for me and why I deleted access to my twitter account. I can't figure it out but IFTT (If THIS then THAT) would work for everyone if we could figure out how to create a formula. Clarissa, not sure if you have time but THIS IS FREE and WORKS ... I just can't figure out how to make the right formula. IT IS WORTHWHILE and similar to the original app we used ... BUT FREE and could be tweaked specific to our team!!!! Paying for something that is not fully and clearly laid out gives me concern. I will be checking this thread as often as I can to make sure I am up to date. IF ANYONE has used IFTT ... shoot me a convo here as I am very interested in this app as it can be used for just about EVERYTHING
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Totally agree with Bonnie my views are shocking these days. I do manually retweet when possible and a faithful few are good enough to retweet for me. But it's way down compared to before. I average around 30/40 views unless I blast all my teams with posts and rt like mad. Team post likes are way down too.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Re: pricing...there seems to be the possibility of an unlimited option for Teams that I plan to inquire about.

Let's see what happens with this app and if it doesn't workout we will hash out a new plan of our own with either existing tech or something we create for ourselves...but let's see first if and how this app might work for us.

Will report back later today!
Clarissa
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Team!

I had a very productive discussion with Daniel looking at the logistics of how his app works and the implications for us using it to auto-retweet.

Here is the skinny of what we discussed:

1. First, subscription plasn are for getting retweeted - when you pay $5.99 that allows for you to get retweeted 400 times.

2. However many times per day you use the team hashtag x the number of members on the team = how many times you will be retweeted.

ie if you use the Team hashtag 3 times in a day x 224 members = 672 retweets for you

That is how it would work you, me and every member using #etsmntt 3 times a day.

In turn we would each be responsible for generating 672 retweets on our Twitter accounts. 672 retweets spread across 24 hours would be 28 retweets an hour for each of us to have posted to our twitters!

So it's easy to see that for a team our size that could all be problematic.

Clearly, we need:

1. an unlimited plan

2. a way to control the number of team retweets posted via our twitter accounts

3. how to make using the team hashtag more dynamic on his app where are able to use it more than once a day and not have it be a problem.

4. lastly, we need an extended trial period.

He said he was glad to have an understanding of our needs and would look to see what might be possible. I'm looking forward to hearing from him possibly tomorrow.

I don't expect that he will be in a position to offer us a free service, however I am hopeful that a deal can be worked out that we can all get behind. Let's see what he comes back to us with and take it from there!

Thanks Team!!
Clarissa
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Sounds promising Clarissa. I think we may need to create subgroups so that a single tweet doesn't get retweeted 224 times. Maybe subgroups of 25-50.

Before on RoundTeam every tweet did not get RTed by everyone on the team. Sometimes a tweet would get RTed by 0 people sometimes by 20 or 100 people within 10 minutes.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Since Twitter only allows 1000 tweets a day and based on a 24 hour clock, that translates to about 40 tweets per hour, then we probably only should have groups of 35 or less tweeting no more than once per hour.

This will give us some leeway to tweet thank new followers or tweet about non-group stuff.

Does this make sense?
0 Likes

Jump to solution
I'm looking forward to the info, Clarissa. Thanks.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Clarissa

The link worked thanks. When you look at the map for FYI: the light blue is for members signed up. Dark blue for members paid through Etsymntt team and deep red for those signed up and paid with another team.

I suggest a convo sent to all members as many are not visiting the thread these days.

Please delete my shop 'EmporiumShoppe'. I closed and deleted the shop.

Teamsocial works I have had a sale a day for the last eight days!!! Of course good matching of title, descriptions and tags help. I use EtsyRank (free site) to help me find the right keywords, tags for my shop. 😀

0 Likes
JoyfulByNature
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
Hi Clarissa,
When I went to TeamSocial via the link you provided, it says I am not a member and I must get an invite from a team leader.
???
Thank you,
Sue
0 Likes
JoyfulByNature
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution
My security software says:

www.teamsocial.me uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. The certificate is not valid for the name www.teamsocial.me. The certificate expired on January 28, 2015 at 5:15 AM. The current time is May 17, 2017 at 11:18 PM. Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER

Please advise...
Sue
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Sue try this url: http://teamsocial.me/

Thanks everyone for giving thought to this and coming up with ideas!
0 Likes
SwirlingOrange11
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution
Thank you for following up, this is what i suspected initially. This may require that we are on different lists similar to the last twitter app we all used for example #etsymntt1 #etsymntt2 etc. I really hope that a 6 month trial period would be extended seeing the amount of business this company will receive should it work!!!! Times all those subscriptions times 220 plus members, that is a lot of money for them for minimal investment as the app has already been created and not for us specifically.

This would take us thru the holiday season which is most critical for most of us and giving us extra money to sign up after all is said and done. My shop is very slow during the summer so every penny counts ... I will hope this ends up working out!!!!! I am still manually retweeting though, there are some die hard true and true original members of this team who have become true friends :D TY for following up!!!!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Team!

Just want to let you know I will have an update for you later today!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Clarissa
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Clarissa, I already have an active subscription to teamsocial through the Jetteam, but when I look at my status on the http://www.teamsocial.me/team/etsymntt page, it shows my status as "subscription expired." I notice that other Jetteam members also have this status. When I went to the teamsocial.me link, there was no place for me to sign up through the Etsy Meet 'n Tweet team.
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi Nancy! Thanks for sharing that...I will mention it to Daniel.

Hi Team about to post an update in a new thread!
0 Likes

Jump to solution
Hi, everyone! I am kinda on the fence about this . . . . In addition to Etsy, we sell on Amazon Handmade and a few other online places and this year our sales are at a huge increase. In other words, we have almost more work than Hubby and I can handle. So back to tweeting . . . Free, I like. Having to pay for tweeting, not sure I like. And like Nancy, I have not found out how to sign up for TeamSocial.me.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.