Hi there,

August is upon us. What will your goal be in this month often associated with vacations? Is your goal this month to push on ahead, starting your preparations for the holidays? Or perhaps your goal is to relax, take a break, and gain some energy with which you can approach the upcoming busy season.

No matter what your goal, setting a specific one and sharing it with others can help you accomplish more. For the last two months we invited sellers to set a goal and share it with the team. Take a look at last month's thread ( https://www.etsy.com/teams/5002/etsy-success/discuss/14828939/page/1) where you'll see many sellers reporting they reached their goals or made some progress they felt good about. For some easy inspiration, take a peek towards the end of the thread.

Take a moment to settle on your goal and then share it here. By writing it down and sharing with others, you'll reinforce your commitment to it.

A goal can be anything from listing a new item to reaching your 100th sale.

When sharing your goal for August, please introduce yourself and share how long you've been selling on Etsy.

Come on all, hop aboard the goal train!
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Set a Goal for August

Excited to set some goals for my first active month here on Etsy!!

- Create a treasury (check! as of a few minutes ago)
- Have my first sale!
- Continue to create and add 5 new listings

My name is Stephanie & my shop is stephsoco. I recently completed a NYC Craft Entrepreneur class and my shop has been active for only a few weeks :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
bennaandhanna
Registered Buyer

1. To make my first sale and hit 5.
2. work on my about us of my shop
3. list 2 items per week
4. add more followers
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! :D I am thrilled to have been invited to this group, and this is my first post here. I've been selling on and off since 2011, but have only seriously come into my own this past year. Sales have been slow, but that's more my own fault! I'm hoping the more I come into my craft, and the more I learn about business, the more things will take off.
My goal for August is to stock up like mad! I have a table at an event on August 30th to be ready for, and a possible wholesale deal with a local shop, so my goals are all number based for this month. In particular, I'd like to have 40 "little wool wildlife" felted animals prepped and ready by the 30th. I would also like to keep stocking up on other items as well, but those are my primary focus!
Fingers crossed that my fingers wont hate me too much! (Always stabbing myself, ouch!)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I need to work on being seen!
Goals:
get more followers... so please follow me, you won't regret
work on getting in the local paper
see my customer and deliver an order
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I have been selling on here since 2011, but have only been really seriously working on the shop for the past 4 months. I have some big goals for August.

1. Get to 200 sales, I think I just may be able to reach that I have 12 blog features for the month of August.

2. I want to get 200 items listed in my shop,

3. I want to take photos of my necklaces on a model so it fits my shop better, right now I just hate the way they look!

4. I want to get my website www.trashycrafter.com updated and have all the pages fixed

5. Lastly I want to solidify my excel spreadsheet system for tracking my sales and items, now that I have so much merchandise it's getting a little out of control and I want to get it together before the holidays.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I want to triple my sales .. Considering that I didn't have a full month under my belt last month, I'd say that with hard work and a lot of grace, it can be done. Now head down and back to work!
0 Likes
ZAAINA
Post Crafter

Started my shop back in 2010 but didn't actively participate until last year. I have learned tremendously over this year from participating in the forum. Everyone has been amazingly supportive & have helped so much.

My goals for the month of August are:
1. List 25 more products
2. Wish to be selected for editor's pick.
3. Work with wedding planners & brides for the custom orders for favors and/or bridesmaid gifts
4. Reach at least 100 sales
5. Work on SEO each week
6.,curate more treasuries.
0 Likes

- finish fall items
- list them all
- promote them on social media

- translate all listings in dutch
- look into translating to german

- list two new dogs

This is more than enough for one month, and actually I'd be so happy if I accomplish all of this. With a full time job I only have the weekends and some evenings. August is for picknicks too!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Make 1 (!) sale.
List at least 15 more items...

P.S. I don't want much!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My shop has been a bit slow over the summer. I'm trying to use that time by coming up with new designs, looking at how I can better utilize my titles and keywords. Hoping to improve my photos so that the buyer can have a more enjoyable experience in my shop.

...and of course, I'd like to make at least a sale a week for the month of August.
;)
0 Likes

August will be the month for new items on my shop, better pictures and new ideas! Yes, maybe I'm a bit too much enthusiastich, but this strange fresh summer here in Italy makes me happy and with so much desire to do things :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've been on Etsy for just a couple of months now, opened up in April. I've only really got 4 goals I want to achieve this month, but they're quite big for us here. They are:

1. To reach 400 views on our shop. (We stormed our 200 goal last month, so I want to be a little bit more ambitious and double it)
2. To sell our very first item.
3. To keep listing more and more items as the month goes on.
4. To get at least 50 likes on our Facebook Page.

That's it!
If we reach even 3/4 of our goals, we'll be happy. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

1. to sell 2 items
2. to stock up to 100 items and really grow the shop
3. set up a instagram page
4. work on marketing the items(:
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Posting goals for July really helped me. Here's to a great August!

I want to have my shop completely finished before I go back to school. That means:
1) about 30 listings in my shop (I'm currently at 10)

2) My blog, and tumblr blog and pintrest page fully set up and ready to engage people, whether they buy from my shop or not

3) Prepare for the holiday season and stock up on my more winter-y products (part of my 30 listings)

4) Continue to reach out to people and let them know I exist

5) And finally, have my first sale!
0 Likes

This August I would like to make at least 6 sales (I made 4 last month, and I already have 1 this month!).
I plan to do this by taking better pictures of all of my in stock items, listing at least 8 Halloween/Fall items, making at least 15 meaningful posts to social media, and making at least 4 meaningful blog posts.

My long term goals are to have 100 listings, make 100 sales (I'm at 61 now), average at least 5 sales/month, and eventually get a wholesale or brick and mortar customer. :)

Good luck on your goals everyone!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've been crazy busy (more than usual) for July. August begins for me with school for the kids and a more structured time to work, and less work hours. With that, my goals are the following:

-Keep a week turn around on orders
-Stock up for winter markets, and in stocks for Christmas sales
-Get new fabrics listed in the shop

and the biggest.
NO FABRIC BUYING FOR AUGUST!
(I have tons and tons and we're moving in 5 months across the country and I need to get what I have sewn and listed) But I'll probably make up for it in September ;)
0 Likes

My August goal is to complete the process of combining my two Etsy shops. I am moving my hand painted hair clips to this shop as I found I needed to simplify to be more productive. I also have a goal of making my fall hair clips for upcoming craft shows.
0 Likes

Hi!
My big goal for this month is to get more items in my shop...I want to have 200 items in my shop by the end of the year and I will add each month until December to get there. By end of August I want to have 127 items listed.

Plus I want to get into one new area of product as well. I have all the supplies, I just need to move my butt!!! LOL!
0 Likes
Inklets
Post Crafter

I've been floating around here aimlessly, off and on, since 2008. My goal is to photograph/scan a chunk of finished art and upload those items. I dunno why, but the whole biz end of things isn't anywhere near as fun as the creation process.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm going through a complete store change and rebranding at the moment with August a busy month. Many goals but it's good to keep them in sight.

1. Get to 500 followers on Instagram - currently on 385
2. Set up website and listings
3. Photograph all new items and finish editing photo's
4. Start net working with popular instagram accounts
5. Redo my Etsy store
6. Move my sale stock - bulk listings if needed
7. Order the rest of my packaging supplies

Weehoo - some structure feels quite good. Ambitious month ahead.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi there,
I am new and have had my shop open for over a month, I plan to add more than one new illustration a week, and to increase my social media posts.
I am excited to be a part of it all.
Rachel
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It has been very slow here as I took a long break. But I am back and I am hoping to finally reach 30 sales!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Wonderful topic Audrey!

My goals for August:
1. Redo some item photos, which I have stated on.
2. Get 20 listings done, I've stuff that needs listing but I'm burning out fast.
3. Add some new products types.
4. Work on more custom offerings.
5. Blog more often for my shop, which I haven't been doing :/
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

For August, I would like:

1. Have 100 -200 listings.
2. Get to 100 sales.
3. To interact with my teams a bit better.
4. To complete the Etsy Seller Seminars
5. Finish my new cover for all my social media sites.

Good luck everyone!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My goals for August is:
List about 10 new items.
I would like to try to make 7 sales.
And would like to work on my new thing blogging.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.