Hi there,

August is upon us. What will your goal be in this month often associated with vacations? Is your goal this month to push on ahead, starting your preparations for the holidays? Or perhaps your goal is to relax, take a break, and gain some energy with which you can approach the upcoming busy season.

No matter what your goal, setting a specific one and sharing it with others can help you accomplish more. For the last two months we invited sellers to set a goal and share it with the team. Take a look at last month's thread ( https://www.etsy.com/teams/5002/etsy-success/discuss/14828939/page/1) where you'll see many sellers reporting they reached their goals or made some progress they felt good about. For some easy inspiration, take a peek towards the end of the thread.

Take a moment to settle on your goal and then share it here. By writing it down and sharing with others, you'll reinforce your commitment to it.

A goal can be anything from listing a new item to reaching your 100th sale.

When sharing your goal for August, please introduce yourself and share how long you've been selling on Etsy.

Come on all, hop aboard the goal train!

Re: Set a Goal for August

Love this thread! Very motivating. My shop will have its two year birthday next month. :) August goals:
1. List 50 new items
2. Have a new shop category started
3. Sign up for 2 fall art fairs
4. Make multiples of popular items (stole that one from a shop above) :)
5. Add 50 items to Wanelo
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

My August goal is to list more consistently. In an ideal world, I'd love to reach 50 items in my shop (I'm at 39 right now). Hopefully additional items will lead to more sales.

There. Now I am accountable. :)

Wishing everyone a very successful August!
0 Likes
CarysFiberStudio
Inspiration Seeker

1. Have 25 listings
2. Reach 10 sales (and hopefully more :))
3. Get a follower on my blog lol
4. Add more macrame items to my shop
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello!
I would absolutely love to have my second sale, had my first last week and was delighted.
If anyone has the chance to check out the shop and offer me any advice/criticism that would be amazing.
Thank you all x
0 Likes

HEY! august is a hard month.. gotta start getting into team discussions and handing out business cards
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I love to embroider and knit very much. It will be fun and share my creations so I am super happy and look forward sales in August!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My July goals were -
* reach at least 50 items listed in my shop - achieved
* join in more team events/activities - achieved
* re-do my shop policies
* make at least 1 sale

so august goals
*reach at least 75 items listed
*make at least 1 treasury each week
*build on team activity + keep it up throughout the month
*re-do policies
*make at least one sale

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

My goal for August is to reach 100 listings. I start school in 3 weeks so I want to focus more on digital download items vs. custom items.
0 Likes

I have been on Etsy since November 2011 but didn't really work it until 2013. My goal is to have 5 sales this month by tweaking tags titles and listing new items. I also want to build my photo box and rephotograph my work.

. This would beat my old record of four in one month. I also want to build my photo box and begin the task of rephotographing my work. :)
0 Likes
HeritageHandspun
Inspiration Seeker

Hi there,
I'm Julie and my shop has been open since may this year.

I had my first sale this month and so my goal for August is to make another sale and to list 10 new items.

Good luck to you all and i hope all our goals are reached.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! My shop has been on business since May 30th, so I have still lots of things to do!!!
My goals for this month are:
improve photos on my listings
improve my tags
translate my descriptions to spanish (i have only translate the tiltes, I need to translate everything in order to aproach to more customers!)
reach 40 listings
have at least 4 sales (last month I had 3!!!)

That`s it. I think they are all possible to reach, so I am very positive for this month!
Good luck to all!
0 Likes

To get my second sale and add some more items to my shop :) Also want to dedicate more time to being creative :)
0 Likes

I recently became a leader for the Art School Grad Team and took over as captain for the Daily Fine Art Originals Team, so my goal is to keep communications and promotions going within both teams but not get so involved that I neglect to work on my own paintings. Sharing and promoting is important, but the art itself has to come first.
0 Likes

I just opened a store,
I hope I can reach at least 2 sales this month :)
0 Likes

I achieved my goal for July! I managed to get my first three sales :)
My goal this time is to make a new sale this month.
I would also like to list 15 new items, I already have most of the fotos, but I have not created the listing so I hope I can do this in August.
And also I would like to teak my titles and tags.
0 Likes

I would love to reach 50 sales and make new batik with indigo in all different sizes in 2 weeks before school starts!
0 Likes
KIVVERS
Post Crafter

Greetings all! July 25th was my 1st Etsy-versary! I really like Etsy. I didn't quite make all of my goals for July so I will move them to August.

--create a new product to offer
--introduce at least three new faux leathers

If I can get that done, I will feel that I've made a great accomplishment...29 days left!
0 Likes
TwistsnGems
Inspiration Seeker

My goals for August are (1) to increase the listings of my shop to a total of 140. I currently have 120 listings. And (2) to have at lease 4 sales for the month.

This will be a big step, because I have been experiencing a long dry spell when it comes to sales.
I am continually reviewing my tags, favoring other shops, pinning on pinterest, and updating my Facebook page. New for this month, I published my first Blog entry on my domain website.

My blog is www.twistsngems.com. If you'd like to critique it, I am welcoming any constructive comments!
0 Likes

This is my anniversary month, and I want to really focus more on my shop. I am working on a project for a charity, which has to go out at the end of the month, and that's kickstarted me into goal setting. For so long, I've been going one day at a time, and while it DOES work, I'm not happy with the results. So it's time to be more organized.

1) Revamp shop banner --- DONE!
2) Design and make business cards to reflect shop
3) Design a flyer to send with charity project
4) Get dimensions for charity project and make it
5) Make and list 17 more items (I'm up to 83 now, and might want to add a few more for "cushioning")
6) Revamp 5 listings per week with better photos and tags
7) Decide on Facebook page
8) Update blog at least weekly

Holding my breath!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I set two goals for July and met one - still working on the other. My shop opened in mid-June, so I'm still setting up shop.

I want to reach 100 item listings by the end of August (I started the month at 54). I also want to begin creating winter themed greeting cards in preparation for a (hopefully) busy holiday season.

May your summer end sweetly and your shops grow weekly :)
0 Likes

Get my TEEsox featured in another magazine, wish me luck!
Teri
0 Likes

Hi everyone!
I'm on etsy since 2011 and did not take the time to set goals for the previous months.
So, my goals for august is to add more items to the shop (I've got 70 right now, so having at least 80 would be better.)
Create and add other products to the shop, for the Fall-Winter collection and get ready for the holiday season.
And finally create my products lookbook as I really don't like to do that but I really have to to contact retailers.
Let's get things done!
0 Likes
McCyclistsWorks
Inspiration Seeker

I'm glad you requested an introduction with how long I've been on Etsy, Aubrey! My profile showed I'll have been signed up to sell for two years on the 20th. I didn't realize August would be my Etsy and belly button birthday!

Goals:
Three new items listed by the end of the month
Create a home-made jig to steady my phone and fix on an angle so that I can batch shoot my items quickly, experimenting with rebranding my photo backgrounds
Launch at least three treasuries
Review my notes from recently completed Boost Your Shop Presence Seminar to distill further shop-improving goals for September

Thanks so much for this thread!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello,
I'm on Etsy since 2012. In August I want to list 6 more items and be more active in social media.
0 Likes

Hi!
My shop has been open for less than two weeks. My goals for August are as follows:
1) Increase my number of listings from three to ten.
2) I made two sales in July. For August it would be great to make three.
3) Post in team discussions at least five times.
4) Add shipping for more countries.
5) Shamelessly promote my shop with family and friends. While I find it easy to talk up the art of my fellow artists, it can be more of a challenge to promote my own work.
6) If I achieve goal #5, my additional goal of increasing traffic should hopefully follow.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.