Former_Member
This team is dedicated to sharing business advice in a supportive environment. From the day you first set up your shop to the day you think about quitting your day job, there's so much to learn. Luckily, one of the best things about selling on Etsy is the support and encouragement from other sellers.

Whether you’re brand new to selling on Etsy or you can count the years on both of your hands, you probably have some milestones that you’d like to celebrate with all of us. Post your milestone in this thread. Every month, we'll highlight some of our favorite posts, so join the celebrations!

Please also introduce yourself in your post if you’re new to the Etsy Success Team—describe what you sell and how long your shop has been open.

Here are some examples of milestones (but remember that all personal milestones big or small are worthy of celebrating!):

• You made your 1st sale / 1st international sale / 1st custom order
• You reached (x) # of sales
• You added (x) # of listings in your shop
• You have (x) # of views / favorites / admirers
• You received positive feedback from a buyer
• Your shop was featured in the press or in social media
• You recently opened your shop
• You’re celebrating your Etsyversary

Re: Official Success Celebration Thread!

I'm celebrating because I finally had the guts to do a blog:
http://terrysifeltlikeit.blogspot.com/

And I had a really awesome sale a few days ago, all the way to London!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Celebrating my 4 sales ;) hey better than nothing.

I'm happy that people are already looking at my store. Even liking some items too, then I get really excited. Can't help it.
Hope to find more tips here on Etsy, but I know I will because it's full of information.
So thank you Etsy for giving so much info and support!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'd like to celebrate two things:

1. I have managed to make at least one post a day on my business Facebook page this week (milestone for me).
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sweet-Scarlet-Designs/115833171812229

2. And last week my Rainbow Bunting DIY Party Printable Suite was featured on Amy Atlas' blog - never in my wildest dreams! (she is kind of the QUEEN of Dessert Table Design)
http://blog.amyatlas.com/2011/09/somewhere-over-the-rainbow-guest-dessert-feature/

Elise
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

100 hundred is a wonderful number!! It takes hard work and great customer service to get here!! Oh and a LOT OF PATIENCE and PERSEVERANCE!! Sometimes there would be weeks with no sales, then they would go crazy for awhile...Im just happy to be here.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I had my first stranger sale yesterday!! WOOHOO!! (All of my other sales only 4 have been either a friend or family member). I am so stoked!!

<3 Leah
0 Likes
virginiawyoming
Inspiration Seeker

I've surpassed the 200 mark for sales recently. I am so grateful to Etsy for this.
Each year my sales have doubled. I have been looking at my shop stats I see the number of views going way up but the favorites going down. What do I make of this? Is it just a temporary blip?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Just got my largest order yet - it's a custom order for 15 outfits - 5 for Barbie, 5 for the Tyler Wentworth dolls, and 5 for the Emme dolls! Yippee!
0 Likes

Celebrating my first international sale. Yay, I'm going to Australia.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yay I was just featured in my first treasury!! -- http://www.etsy.com/treasury/OTg4NTc0M3w3MjcwMDg0NTM/tag-youre-it

First sale and then first treasury! I'm on a roll!
0 Likes

Just made my 3rd sale today - this one was from someone I don't know! (the first two were from a friend). The woman who purchased my item this morning had made it a favorite about 2 weeks ago, then came back today & bought it! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Starting an Etsy shop has forced me to rethink my goals as an artist. Hard, but oh so needed. Which has led me (among other things) back to my blog with a new focus on the teaching/mentoring side of my life. www.mayknart.blogspot.com
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

It has been a great season already to get creative and rethink my approach to 'rubisco.' I reached my 100th sale on Monday - it was sweet! A repeat buyer, from Japan! The funny part was I had offered free shipping to the 100th sale in the U.S.!
0 Likes

I'm so excited - One of my items is on the front page.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/67064586/silky-light-green-striped-table-runner

I have seen others with an image that says "featured on the front page" or something like that. I can't figure out where/how to get that picture - any ideas?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Congrats to everyone on their awesome successes!!! I just hit my 10th sale, which is pretty exciting for me since I'm small potatoes! :) Just started in July, so hopefully I'll keep picking up speed!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I've had my first sale today! So happy! It's quite an achievment for me, as I've been on Etsy for four months already, have 50 items in my shop. People favorite and treasure my items, but so far nobody was buying anything... except for my mom who bought one item, just to be nice. And now my earrings bought a complete stranger, from New York! I'm so excited!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I got my first sale!!! yay, im so excited as i wasnt expecting to sell somthing so quickley!! yayyy!! and the person who bought my item was from a different country than me so thats a little exciting too! i hope they love it just as much as i do!
0 Likes
delmarlady
Registered Buyer

Celebrating my first international sale also. It's all very exciting.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

0 Likes

Awesome thread! Here's what I am celebrating..I opened my shop in April 2010 and sat on it until Dec 2010 not knowing an Etsy shop needs WORK!
Come Dec. 2020, I started working on it in a BIG way and am now at 41 sales in 9 months:-) Loving it!
thanks..
devika
0 Likes

I am celebrating my 200th sale, which is exactly on my 6-month Etsy anniversary.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Since I started really working on my shop after months and months of no sales, today I'm celebrating 3 sales in one week! :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Yesterday my shop hit over 100 views -- topped at 116!! I was soo happy! Also had 2 more sales over the weekend, bringing me to 6! Trying to keep that ball moving!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

We made our first sale in this shop within 3 hrs of listing it! A lovely pair of vintage nylons from the late 60s. What a motivating transaction that was! My mom and I finally decided to open an Etsy vintage shop, and we are so excited about it!

Kimberly & Dorothy
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

First Sale!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

This thread is full of inspiration. Thank you!

I finally had a day to celebrate yesterday, and I am thrilled to say it had nothing to do with luck, being in the right place at the right time, or knowing the right person. It was the focus and hard work I've been dedicated to this past month! Oh... and a little bit of courage!

First thing yesterday, I recieved an email that an art project I submitted to a magazine was accepted! And they asked for a written article as well. That should be out early spring. Then... a little later in the day I sold a mixed media painting in my other Etsy shop, GlitterNGrungeStudio. I was so excited to see the hard work having results!

These little achievements are giving me the push to continue in persistence, and working towards all of my goals.

~Linda
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.